Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 16:16   #4831
BHPian

This thread is where the internet is at its best. Superb! I've browsed through 115 pages of this topic, and I'm totally enthralled!
Old 16th February 2010, 16:28   #4832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
@ kr raj: my chin hit the windscreen, luckily, i just got a scratch like I use to get while shaving...Nothing else (thankfully)..
Nick, looking at the car you are very lucky to have gotten away with just a nick.
Be careful and drive safe. How did you land up in such a situation in the first place?
Old 16th February 2010, 16:35   #4833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Witnessed this accident between Karwar - Hubli highway near a place called SUNKAL. It was happened on 12th Feb around 12 in the afternoon, i heard a loud noise ahead of me. It was a horrific scene.
One of the most horrific accidents seen. The truck bumpers at such height is one of the reasons for such a mess, and Airbags would have helped here (not sure if they are in the car)

Not everyone is helpful on the road and are ready to see the tamasha. Exceptions are always there though.
Old 16th February 2010, 16:59   #4834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Nick, looking at the car you are very lucky to have gotten away with just a nick.
Be careful and drive safe. How did you land up in such a situation in the first place?
I was coming back from Pragati Maidan at around 12:15AM from the AutoExpo 2010 (I work with SIAM), suddenly a Honda City took extreme left turn (from right to extreme left) for the Gas station.

I was going on 60, and didnt even get time to apply brakes..
His trunk was made history..

Luckily no one was injured..
I asked the PCR(which arrived at the scene) to pull my ride to a cousin's place (who lives in the same block)..12th January 2010, after the AutoExpo was over I took the ride to a local workshop (my cousin is a regular visitor there, for repairs and servicing)..Spent around 35k overall {on my own :-( the worst part}
Only a/c condensor fitting is left, however, I ve purchased one (Subros, which comes as an OE)..

The car is back now, with minor cosmetic upgrades..

Psst: I told my mom dad that a dumper hit the car, while it was parked..I wasnt hurt, made them believe that...

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th February 2010 at 17:53. Reason: Usage of foul language is not allowed,even indirect usage of such words is not allowed, thanks
Old 16th February 2010, 17:58   #4835
Senior - BHPian

Forget the financial damage and thank god that you are safe. People first and money next.
Old 16th February 2010, 19:05   #4836
BHPian

Saw this in Coorg on 14 Feb 2010

Saw this Fiesta in this position (at 90 degrees to the traffic flow) in straight section after a series of wonderful corners on the Madikeri - Kushalnagar road. The corners are about 700 meters apart and there were absolutely no skid marks on the road. I wonder how the car landed this way into this ditch. The other side of the road is a steep fall.

BH
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic2.jpg  

Old 16th February 2010, 20:12   #4837
BHPian

While coming from Tumkur Road on Sunday night I saw a horrific accident involving atleast a half-a-dozen vehicles on the the NICE road. It was close to the Mysore road intersection. Police din't allow me to stop to have a look. Anyone got some news/photos?
Old 17th February 2010, 07:49   #4838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzman View Post
While coming from Tumkur Road on Sunday night I saw a horrific accident involving atleast a half-a-dozen vehicles on the the NICE road. It was close to the Mysore road intersection. Police din't allow me to stop to have a look. Anyone got some news/photos?
Did you see the badly mangled E Class? The entire boot and C pillar were ripped apart. Could not stop and take pictures and it was all dark when I saw it. Heard from people there were no casualties.

I could only see 3 vehicles and I thought the Canter truck caused the accident. But someone has already posted the picture of it and it appears from photo that the Canter accident happened during the day.

BH.
Old 17th February 2010, 07:59   #4839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
Saw this Fiesta in this position (at 90 degrees to the traffic flow) in straight section after a series of wonderful corners on the Madikeri - Kushalnagar road. The corners are about 700 meters apart and there were absolutely no skid marks on the road. I wonder how the car landed this way into this ditch. The other side of the road is a steep fall.

BH
Awesome parking! How did he manage to park it that way?
Old 17th February 2010, 08:51   #4840
Senior - BHPian

Looks like some one banged his head on the windshield in the Fiesta.
Old 17th February 2010, 09:17   #4841
BHPian

Bangalore->Ooty.

Noticed a couple of cars in bad shape on my way back from ooty (to bangalore).

The innova was brought to a stop on the bandipur stretch probably after ramming into another vehicle head on while trying to overtake i guess...

The qualis too must have indulged in similar heroics on the narrow stretch...
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-inn1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-inn2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-inn3.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-qual.jpg  

Old 17th February 2010, 09:44   #4842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Witnessed this accident between Karwar - Hubli highway near a place called SUNKAL. It was happened on 12th Feb around 12 in the afternoon, i heard a loud noise ahead of me. It was a horrific scene.
Wildon, (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1731829) This is the same way and same type of lorry and same type of accident I met 2 months back. Even my Matiz went below the lorry like this lancer. But for me luckily the car came out after hitting the tyre/going below the lorry. So we were not stuck below the lorry. You can see this thread for the damage of the car.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ed-sunset.html

Last edited by shishir_bn : 17th February 2010 at 09:46.
Old 17th February 2010, 14:15   #4843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post

BH
probably he was trying to take a U turn and couldnt judge the space ahead and landed in the space below.
Old 17th February 2010, 14:52   #4844
BHPian

Mavoor Road, Calicut

Just happened in Mavoor Road, Calicut. The driver lost control of bus and in order to avoid ramming into the vehicles in front of the signal light, he drove into the footpath . Luckily no-one got hurt.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0100.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0101.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0102.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0099.jpg  

Last edited by ontheroad : 17th February 2010 at 14:53. Reason: More info
Old 17th February 2010, 15:28   #4845
Senior - BHPian

^^^ First thought was that joker should be dismissed immediately; but then the very thought of "well" maintained government bus came to my mind; so I don't know what to say now. Is it the fault of driver or the govt as such is my question?

Most Viewed