Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 11:56   #4906
Senior - BHPian

Just saw an accident on the Mumbai Agra highway in Nasik. A santro smashed into a truck. 6 people in the santro. A lady sitting in the passenger seat had two small children on her lap (the three of them died on the spot). Others seriously injured is what i heard. Totally the santro guys fault. Tried to overtake, saw the truck and then to avoid a head on collision, he tried to drive off the right side of the road. He hit the left portion of the truck, hence the passenger side taking most of the impact. Have a few photos on my phone, will upload later (In office now & no data cable)
Old 25th February 2010, 12:46   #4907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
@Nitin, sorry, but, for me it meant that:
1) A child can lose his mother due to my rash driving.
2) A girl can lose a loved one because of my rash driving.
3) A family can lose its members because of my rash driving.
4) A Boy can lose his life and cause misery to kin because of
irresponsible alertless behaviour while crossing the road.
5) Do not show off your ride on public roads, coz for many, I will
be called a moron. "Speeding. No one thinks big of you."

So for me the bottom line is:
Be responsible on the road. I know I have 'become' one.

What you wrote and I quoted is the universal truth, but
causing an accident due to irrational behaviour is a crime
like murder/homicide.
agree with you 100%. rash driving can be fatal, but if you still choose to be irresponsible then its premeditated murder. unfortunately, our laws are not strict/fool-proof enough to keep these offenders off the streets.

many years back there was an accident in front of Galaxy theater (Residency Road was 2-way that time) - prominent business man and his kids were mowed down by a Cielo. the father and one of the kid was killed instantly, but the other kid hung on to the hood of the car. the driver didn't stop and finally swung the kid off the hood near the Residency Road + Brigade road junction. not sure if the kid survived. this is what came in the papers.

the owner got off the hook by making his driver take the fall for his rash driving, but the family was destroyed. and like always, we forget about these incidents because of our "short-term memory loss" (to quote Gajani)
Old 25th February 2010, 12:51   #4908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Just saw an accident on the Mumbai Agra highway in Nasik. A santro smashed into a truck. 6 people in the santro. A lady sitting in the passenger seat had two small children on her lap (the three of them died on the spot). Others seriously injured is what i heard. Totally the santro guys fault. Tried to overtake, saw the truck and then to avoid a head on collision, he tried to drive off the right side of the road. He hit the left portion of the truck, hence the passenger side taking most of the impact. Have a few photos on my phone, will upload later (In office now & no data cable)
Oh my God! Thats horrible. Any news on the driver of the Santro ?
Old 25th February 2010, 13:16   #4909
Distinguished - BHPian

An elephant went on a rampage on the Meerut bypass, at a wedding last night. Apparently, the animal, which was a part of the wedding procession, was not fed and was also upset with the noise and the vehicles around it. The result is quite spectacular!
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-elephant1k80.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-elephant2k80.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-elephant3k80.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-elephant4k80.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-elephant5k80.jpg

Even this morning, the Meerut bypass was closed to vehicular traffic as the elephant could not be removed.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 25th February 2010 at 13:21. Reason: Acknowledgment: Pics scanned from the Hindi newspaper Amar Ujala
Old 25th February 2010, 13:22   #4910
Senior - BHPian

Don't tell me that the elephant had crushed that car. If yes then no word from me. Feel sorry for the animal and for the car owner.
Old 25th February 2010, 13:29   #4911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
What are you telling. Head flown into a slum due to the accident. How did it happen. Any news or any info or any pic in the daily newspaper. Did a train hit the truck when crossing the tracks????
No, let me explain. Some parts of the eastern express highway have no houses for quite a few distance. There was just a small shanty out there. And the truck driver lost control and rammed the shanty. I heard nobody was injured in it. For those staying in Mumbai, this happened on the highway between Ghatkopar and Vikhroli.
Old 25th February 2010, 13:31   #4912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Oh my God! Thats horrible. Any news on the driver of the Santro ?
He survived, but badly injured. The left front took most of the impact. The sad part is this was a totally avoidable accident. Atleast when there are small children in the vehicle, people should be that little bit more careful instead of trying risky overtaking manoeuvres.
Old 25th February 2010, 18:12   #4913
Senior - BHPian

The Santro seems to have taken the impact quite well as the A pillar has taken most of the shock. It not in too bad a shape when you include the rollover.
Old 25th February 2010, 18:16   #4914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have attached the photos of the accident. Was in a hurry, so didn't get a proper one of the full car.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-25022010002.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-25022010.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-25022010001.jpg  

Old 25th February 2010, 20:07   #4915
BHPian

Quote:
Have attached the photos of the accident. Was in a hurry, so didn't get a proper one of the full car.
oh my god! What a mangled mess that santro has become!

Why do drivers prioritize arriving 2 mins earlier over arriving safe and sound?
Old 25th February 2010, 20:11   #4916
BHPian

The only thing that is in O.K. condition is the pointless Bull-bar

Last edited by aerohit : 25th February 2010 at 20:14.
Old 25th February 2010, 22:26   #4917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Don't tell me that the elephant had crushed that car. If yes then no word from me. Feel sorry for the animal and for the car owner.
You're right - the elephant did that to the cars and the bus. Elephant power beats horsepower any day!
Old 25th February 2010, 22:44   #4918
BHPian

Saw this mangled Swift at the madiwala police station, bangalore on 24th Feb 2010. Was in a sad state.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image019.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image020.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image023.jpg
Old 25th February 2010, 22:53   #4919
BHPian

Quote:
That Mangled mess of a Santro and the damage on the truck just show how fast the guy was driving the Santro. Dumb. Fixes a Bull Bar on a Santro, but doesnt have common sense.
Old 25th February 2010, 22:54   #4920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saw on some news channel that elephant crushed atleast 18 vehicles. Among them were(according to the video shown) 2-3 Indica/Indigo cs,Endeavour,couple of Amby's,santro,800 and some cv's swaraj mazda and few more...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks