Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2010, 20:39   #5041
BHPian

Xylo, 3 passenger including driver, driver dead, both the passenger lost there legs and serious.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0049.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0050.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0051.jpg

This is 30 day old Xylo, now totaled by insurance today, I was there when insurance surveyor declared it totaled. This was driver by a truck driver, the owner has multiple trucks and one of the driver wanted to test drive this with others, the speedo is stuck at 100 kmph, the vehicle hit a tree and tractor was required to pull this out from the tree, it was a huge tree and still standing "as is". The driver lost control at very high speed and the net result is he is no more.

-Pramod
Old 6th March 2010, 20:47   #5042
BHPian

oouch that hurts just looking at it(being a xylo owner). Poor xylo was not able to see the day with the registration number on. the driver must have been doing well over 140-150 looking at the state of the xylo. was it the owner who was sitting as passenger or some other driver?
Old 6th March 2010, 20:56   #5043
Senior - BHPian

Damn!! Thats a terrible crash.
Old 6th March 2010, 21:00   #5044
Senior - BHPian

OMG. That XYLO crash is horrible.

Rule : Never give your prized possession to other hands unless you surely know that those hands can tame it.
Old 6th March 2010, 21:26   #5045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
This was driver by a truck driver, the owner has multiple trucks and one of the driver wanted to test drive this with others, the speedo is stuck at 100 kmph, ...
I fail to understand why people want to test drive cars at high speeds. I will not be comfortable taking a new car to such speed levels. It takes time to get to know the controls and driving dynamics. Until then, IMO, it is highly risky.

But, in this forum, I see umpteen test drive reports where the vehicle is tested at high speeds.

On one hand we say not to drive at high speeds, and on the other hand we say that the new car behaves well at high speeds.

Sad.
Old 6th March 2010, 22:04   #5046
Senior - BHPian

That impact looks a lot worse than 100kph. Even the C-Pillar and the panel under it has suffered from the impact. Not good at all
Old 6th March 2010, 22:32   #5047
BHPian

whoa! thats one hell of a crash!
the front passenger seat is almost at the rear seat.
this really highlights xylo's safety issues
Old 6th March 2010, 22:49   #5048
BHPian

My god this Xylo is completely totalled! I cannot believe the damage on this one. Wonder what speeds both vehicles were going at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
whoa! thats one hell of a crash!
the front passenger seat is almost at the rear seat.
this really highlights xylo's safety issues
Does the Xylo have inherent safety issues?

I guess if any car driven at insane speeds rams head-on with anything, the result will be something similar; irrespective of whether its a M800 or a Merc.
Old 6th March 2010, 22:50   #5049
BHPian

wow! one hell of a crash for a new baby!

When new cars are tested at high speeds - they are most not new cars - they are tested at the tracks of the respective companies where it is produced - at least the first driving experiences - usually the cars given for testing is the one which the Company themselves have tested earlier - hence here the chances for something to happen - read accident - is remote.

Certainly not for new cars which are our prized possession - to be put for speed test!
Old 6th March 2010, 22:51   #5050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
My god this Xylo is completely totalled! I cannot believe the damage on this one. Wonder what speeds both vehicles were going at.
Xylo didn't crashed in another vehicle , it hit a tree as per parmods's post

Last edited by pankaj_sachdeva : 6th March 2010 at 22:53.
Old 7th March 2010, 03:01   #5051
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Xylo, 3 passenger including driver, driver dead, both the passenger lost there legs and serious.

Attachment 301639

Attachment 301640

Attachment 301641

This is 30 day old Xylo, now totaled by insurance today, I was there when insurance surveyor declared it totaled. This was driver by a truck driver, the owner has multiple trucks and one of the driver wanted to test drive this with others, the speedo is stuck at 100 kmph, the vehicle hit a tree and tractor was required to pull this out from the tree, it was a huge tree and still standing "as is". The driver lost control at very high speed and the net result is he is no more.

-Pramod
where did it bang ??? huge accident man
Old 7th March 2010, 07:42   #5052
BHPian

Poor Xylo Man. Must be a very bad Crash.
Old 7th March 2010, 08:27   #5053
BHPian

The owner was not in the vehicle, I met the owner too, he was filling up all the required documents, medical reports of the 2 seriously injured, the original license of the driver (the driver was from Mathura). The insurance also requires the postmartum report of the driver, which was still awaited. The insurance surveyor mentioned that the scarp of xylo would would be sold within days!! After ther formalities.
-Pramod
Old 7th March 2010, 09:00   #5054
BHPian

Thats the MLA from Kerala Alphonse Kannanthanam with his crashed scorpio. The News paper says he was trying to overtake a speeding bus when the bus suddenly banked right. The car tumbled over the divider/median and rolled twice. The MLA who was driving the car escaped even without a scratch.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-mla.jpg  

Old 7th March 2010, 09:19   #5055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Thats the MLA from Kerala Alphonse Kannanthanam with his crashed scorpio. The News paper says he was trying to overtake a speeding bus when the bus suddenly banked right. The car tumbled over the divider/median and rolled twice. The MLA who was driving the car escaped even without a scratch.
Where this happened? Near Kochi, on NH47?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks