Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 22:16   #5101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Bad news, once again.

while I am signalling and also hand signalling, this school kid comes in a FZ-S and without looking here and there, bang...

Attachment 304674

...IDIOTIC spoilt kids, and more importantly, even their spoilt parents who abide by them.
Sorry about the accident, Sid. It's pretty unfortunate. It's a good thing that you took a firm stand and made sure that the kid was put in his place!

IMO, it's not about the wealth at the end of the day, even wealthy parents can teach their kids to be responsible and prioritize. Wealth shouldn't be brought into the picture IMO. Even middle class people can afford to buy their children two-wheelers these days and try and wriggle out of sticky situations such as accidents by offering money. The parents are at fault here and they need to be taught a lesson before the kid is taught one!
Old 10th March 2010, 22:37   #5102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I tell her, look, keep this money to yourself and better teach your kid that how illegal it is to ride a bike under the age of 18 and without the licence.
Heated words, again, by her, defending her kid and the police and prime staff are all by my side. The bike is impounded and while the lady argues with the police, I go there, make the payment and rush back home.
you did the right thing mate. let nobody ever tell you otherwise!
Old 11th March 2010, 00:39   #5103
BHPian

@Khoj: You are very correct, we must first follow the rules and then make others to follow.
I always stop at Red signal even though you have no traffic crossing the road(even at odd times) .Even when the person behind horns or the vehicles beside me moves,I will never move untill it's green.By this way I have stopped more than 100 vehicles jumping the red lights.

I have also noticed that when you are the first person to stop for an Red signal where no traffic is crossing others too follow that but they lose patience when no traffic is crossing for 30 sec and they jump the signal,when one at the stop line moves everybody moves.Then I had a thought that the signals should have modern equipments so that when no traffic is present for a Green signal then it can change the signal for the others.By this way people will follow the traffic signals.

@sid :you have done a good job by refusing the money. Should have asked her "whether you could buy your son life with this money if he was dead in this accident",which could have made his mother to think for her son's life.
I feel the way the mother behaved would make the son to be more arrogant in driving which may cost his own life.

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 11th March 2010 at 00:48.
Old 11th March 2010, 09:59   #5104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IDIOTIC spoilt kids, and more importantly, even their spoilt parents who abide by them.
Compulsory social service for some months, like working in hospitals, slums, village primary education should be the punishment given to such kids.

Atleast this will give them a chance to look at Life from a different perspective.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:12   #5105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Compulsory social service for some months, like working in hospitals, slums, village primary education should be the punishment given to such kids.

Atleast this will give them a chance to look at Life from a different perspective.
I would also volunteer for compulsary military service like Singapore to learn what we lack in schools today - Discipline

This morning I'd a good time with an ACE; while I was in the middle lane, this guy was cutting from the last lane to middle lane for an overtake & tried to push me off from the middle lane near SPIC (not sure if he saw me coming through in his ORVM); next when turning towards Saidapet court road, which is also a one way, this guy made a far right & tried pushing me to left, but couldn't succeed due to mini park wall & my car; now I got really frustrated; so I stopped my car & got out; by then this guy started pouring in streams of sorry; I didn't have any other option other than getting back into my car & drive away; after this, I couldn't spot this ACE in my RVMs.
Old 11th March 2010, 12:35   #5106
BHPian

Quote:
I told her that all this happened and she behaves RUDELY with me and takes out her purse full of currency notes and asks me how much for damage.
This is the biggest problem right now. Neither do the parents have driving etiquette nor do they have basic ethics.

The kid probably sees his parents driving aggressively and cursing all the time. No amount of stringent tests or fines is going to stop this kind of thing if the parents themselves encourage underage driving (and unsafe driving at that) and assure the kid that they can get away with it by paying everyone off

The root cause is Attitude Problem.

Please, TeamBHPians and others who read, take the time to look through the preceeding pages (atleast 5 or 10 if not all) and prevent such incidents happening to you and others around you.
Old 11th March 2010, 12:58   #5107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
That snap of the i10 has had such an impact that I just could not stop myself from typing all of the above but I am glad I did as I believe I have my agenda for the next 10.
How about the rest of you?
May your tribe grow.
Old 11th March 2010, 14:58   #5108
Senior - BHPian

Wow Khoj, that was really heartfelt.

SidIndica, you did the right thing. Spoilt kids and their spoilt parents.

Reminds me of a visit to a zoo. Saw the father of a small kid picking up stones and throwing it at a leopard which was sleeping inside the cage. He kept on doing it until we yelled at him to stop and threatened him that we'll report to the zoo authorities. What a fine way of teaching one's kid!! Seriously OT but sometimes folks don't realize what influence they can have on their kids by their behaviour.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:51   #5109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
What a fine way of teaching one's kid!! Seriously OT but sometimes folks don't realize what influence they can have on their kids by their behaviour.
Just look at the fathers / mothers dropping their kids to school on cars and bikes. Most of them drive / ride rashly. (Maybe they're late.).
Do they realize that the kids are going to drive / ride EXACTLY like that when they grow up?

-- Torqy
Old 11th March 2010, 20:02   #5110
BHPian

Quote:
IDIOTIC spoilt kids, and more importantly, even their spoilt parents who abide by them.
@sid: Totally agree sidjee, it is such parents who empower their kids with uber-stupidity. These are the stepping stones for a major accident in the future that may not only cost the kids life but also someone elses.

If only money could buy some sense......
Old 12th March 2010, 00:22   #5111
BHPian

Saw this Tata Indica in Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-09032010331.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-09032010332.jpg  

Old 12th March 2010, 01:36   #5112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Clearly shows he was not wearing seatbelts.
No seatbelts + crash = drivers head hits the windshield.
Old 12th March 2010, 02:20   #5113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
the information which i was able to gather was that the driver was drunk. someone came in front of the car and in the process to save the person the car went out of control and hit a pole.

moral of the story- DON'T MIX DRINKING AND DRIVING. PLEASE

Last edited by S.I.N.G.H : 12th March 2010 at 02:21. Reason: GRAMMATICAL ERROR
Old 12th March 2010, 11:17   #5114
BHPian

New Elevated highway to electronic city is becoming dangerous now a days

Hello guys,
I saw two accidents involving 6 cars on the highway not too far apart.the 1st one is 3 cars have back to back collsions a black Zen,i10 & santro.
2nd spot same senaro i10,ikon & santro (i dnt remember exactly).

no pics as i was travelling witout camera

With every vehicle doing so much of lane changes within such a short period of time on that tiny stretch of 2 lanes & 2 wheelers overtaking cars so close to barricades on the left side. A slight nudge & he will be flying out of the bridge.

I have seen morons parking their vehcles on the left side & talking on the phone.Just feel like giving some .

I just felt as days goes by we might see a major disaster happening until unless some action is taken to prevent ppl some doing such mistakes.

I have decided not to take the bridge anymore as dnt want to pay hefty price for a mistake of some moron
Old 12th March 2010, 13:45   #5115
BHPian

Zen Accident

Below are pictures of a Zen accident. The owner (co-driver) was killed in this accident and his friend (driver) sustained severe head injury.

The car lost control hit the divider on the right and then swerved left to hit a pole.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-z1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-z2.jpg  

Last edited by alstonvaz : 12th March 2010 at 13:47. Reason: wrongly typed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks