Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2010, 18:26   #5476
BHPian

Accident near Rajajinagar. Auto rear ended by Lorry. The driver of the Auto escaped with injuries. There were no passengers inside the auto.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image-2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image-3.jpg  

Old 25th April 2010, 18:44   #5477
BHPian

The truck seems to have suffered relatively more damage than the auto rickshaw!!
Old 25th April 2010, 19:00   #5478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
The truck seems to have suffered relatively more damage than the auto rickshaw!!
My guess would be the truck hit a fixed structure on the road before hitting the rick. Hence the damage to the truck.
Old 25th April 2010, 19:36   #5479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
OH MAN.... That driver should be arrested for murder.

I am going to start taking videos of BMTC drivers talking on mobile phones while driving and host them on Youtube.
@SPITFIRE, while you're at it, take videos of drivers collecting money, giving tickets, giving change while driving through busy traffic....or while stationary in the middle of the road blocking the entire traffic.

-- Torqy
Old 26th April 2010, 00:47   #5480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Accident near Rajajinagar. Auto rear ended by Lorry. The driver of the Auto escaped with injuries. There were no passengers inside the auto.
Another example of autorikshaw driver's stuipd driving.
Old 26th April 2010, 02:03   #5481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Another example of autorikshaw driver's stuipd driving.
Man.. you are too judgmental about accidents. Do you even know that in case of being rear-ended, even law considers it to be the mistake of vehicle hitting from behind and not that of the one which is being hit?

Yes sure, you could be correct keeping in mind the fact that autowallahs have the tendency of flouting all possible traffic rules. However, the authority with which you have blamed the poor auto driver, methinks you have witnessed the accident in person - which of course is not the case.

Therefore, please refrain from being judgmental and passing yet another irresponsible and immature statement on this forum.

Last edited by AlokSriva : 26th April 2010 at 02:04.
Old 26th April 2010, 09:26   #5482
J.Ravi

Gory accidents

While going on a pilgrimage, six members of a family were killed in a road accident in Tumkur district, today's Deccan Herald reported.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-6killed.jpg
Five people were killed in separate road accidents during the week-end in Bangalore, according to today's Deccan Herald.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-gory-weekend.jpg
Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra share the dubious distinctions of road accidents according to the latest report of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways [MoRTH], Government of India, as reported in today's The Times of India.
Name:  MoRTH.png
Views: 4257
Size:  13.4 KB

Old 26th April 2010, 10:01   #5483
J.Ravi

Ghastly bus accident in Tamil Nadu

A former Congress MP and another person were killed on the spot and ten others were severely injured near Ambur on NH 46, when the private bus they were travelling met with an accident due to the negligence of the bus driver, as per this report in today's The New Indian Express.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tn-accident.jpg  

Old 26th April 2010, 12:00   #5484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
A former Congress MP and another person were killed on the spot and ten others were severely injured near Ambur on NH 46, when the private bus they were travelling met with an accident due to the negligence of the bus driver, as per this report in today's The New Indian Express.
Wow that Volvo seems to have taken a very strong beating. Looks like the crash was at a high speed.
Old 26th April 2010, 12:20   #5485
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
@SPITFIRE, while you're at it,
Yes, yes I will. I got myself a ipad Nano with video camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Yes sure, you could be correct keeping in mind the fact that autowallahs have the tendency of flouting all possible traffic rules.
Knowing the tendency of Autorickshaw drivers to stop anywhere. I dont blame the vehicle which rear ends them. In any accident involving an autorickshaw, I would first balme the autorickshaw driver. I have seen too many incidents to come of with this skewed but plausible reasoning.

Only yesterday I saw a autorickshaw stop on top of KR Puram hanging bridge. Take a Uturn and come down the wrong side. Any vehicle with ABS, airbags, EBD, and wings could have rear ended that autorickshaw at 20kmph.
Old 26th April 2010, 13:04   #5486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Knowing the tendency of Autorickshaw drivers to stop anywhere. I dont blame the vehicle which rear ends them. In any accident involving an autorickshaw, I would first balme the autorickshaw driver. I have seen too many incidents to come of with this skewed but plausible reasoning.
Totally agree with the fact that autorickshaws have the tendency of doing stunts on roads and pulling it successfully on account of mercy of other road users. Yet - innocent, unless proven otherwise.. all the more because of being rear ended where it is the responsibility of vehicle behind to ensure it does not bang into the one ahead of it. At least this is true on papers, not in real life on Indian roads where you have stunt performing autos!
Quote:
Only yesterday I saw a autorickshaw stop on top of KR Puram hanging bridge. Take a Uturn and come down the wrong side. Any vehicle with ABS, airbags, EBD, and wings could have rear ended that autorickshaw at 20kmph.
Pray, how can an auto coming from the wrong side be rear ended?
Old 26th April 2010, 13:58   #5487
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Pray, how can an auto coming from the wrong side be rear ended?
He stopped in the left lane, without any signal. Took a full right, moving from left lane to right lane. And came down the wrong side. He could have got thulped from the rear by a Dzire when he stopped in the left lane.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:10   #5488
BHPian

Brilliant execution by i20 on Vittal Mallya Road, Bangalore

This apparently happened on UB City Property, Vittal Mallya Road, Bangalore, at about 6am today morning.
Seems the guy got tempted to test his drive (some say he was slightly drunk and some say he was involved in a drag race)

The front end of the car is out. Bumper, grill, radiator, even the engine seems jolted out from its location.

The road was newly done and now the UB City authorities have apparently asked him to shell out 2 lacs for charges towards damage to private property, which i think is justified given the pains they have taklen todevelop and beautify the road

what you see as ripped off here are stone pillars that used to stand before the car combed them
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image_278.jpg

I still wonder how the tail lamp area got bruised. When I saw it today morning the RH tail lamp was hanging by its wires. But by the time i took this pic in noon, it was just kept in its place.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image_276.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image_277.jpg

Ouch ouch ouch. The thuds this guy must have heard. He would have thought. Oh God! Now I'm done.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image_275.jpg
Old 26th April 2010, 14:21   #5489
Senior - BHPian

That Volvo has been literally ripped apart. Did it slam a stationary truck?
i20 doing some bulldozing work there.

Last edited by poloman : 26th April 2010 at 14:23.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:23   #5490
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
The road was newly done and now the UB City authorities have apparently asked him to shell out 2 lacs for charges towards damage to private property,
Hope the guy goes to jail if he was indeed drunk.

About UB asking for damages they will have to deal with the insurer of that vehicle. Hopefully the owner is smart enough not to fall for these crooks.

Most Viewed