Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:15   #5611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
The Omni tyres, were they bald? Not able to see treads.
click on the first picture of the Omni and zoom in on the front left tyre. you can see the tread - not worn much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
The Maruti Omni was Driven by my Uncle, he expired at 12:20 AM on May 02, 2010.
my deepest condolences for the family's and your loss.
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:49   #5612
BHPian

Maruti Omni is most dangerous when comes to accident.

Quote:
This Incident occurred at Kudal (NH 17)on May 01, 2010 @ 8:30pm.

The Maruti Omni was heading towards Kudal (Visit to Temples) from Goa. The Indica Vista was heading in the opposite direction.

Due to heavy Wind & Rain a tree fell in between NH17 ..just few meters from Maruti Omni. The Omni was cruzing at 65kmph speed before hitting the fallen tree. The Car lost control and dashed against the upcoming Vista. Due to the impact the Vista turtled.

The Maruti Omni was Driven by my Uncle, he expired at 12:20 AM on May 02, 2010. His both legs were injured badly and had ribs fracture, liver and lungs damaged due to the impact. His daughter & wife survived after moderate injury. 1 Vista Passenger(Sitting next to Driver) escaped with minor scratched and rest 3 escaped without a scratch.
Maruti Omni is most dangerous when comes to accident.

Last edited by Dippy : 4th May 2010 at 10:26. Reason: Correcting spelling - dangerous
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:51   #5613
BHPian

damn, thats sad. just seeing the bike pictures gives me chills.

May his soul RIP, guys be safe when you are riding and driving.
Old 4th May 2010, 06:16   #5614
Senior - BHPian

Hey man, my sincere condolances to your family. This is an example of an accident where no one is at fault, actually. Just a series of events triggered by nature proving catastrophic to many. RIP. Very sad incident.
Old 4th May 2010, 08:55   #5615
BHPian

First of all my sincere condolences to your uncle and his family.

Quote:
Due to the impact the Vista turtled.
Vista turned turtle after colliding with the Omni or did it hit the tree too? Am i missing something?

Quote:
1 Vista Passenger(Sitting next to Driver) escaped with minor scratched and rest 3 escaped without a scratch.
Speaks for Tata's build quality.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:11   #5616
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
For those who say some manufacturers don't care about safety and some others do it well: if the crash is that fatal, nothing can withstand - not even the so called 'well built' boasted sedans. See how Accent has reduced to a scrap.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:38   #5617
BHPian

This is my friends Fiesta TDCi. He was coming to his work place some 5 km from his home in between city, at moderate speed of @ 60-70 kmph.
Hitted right tyre to road divider ( about 1.5 feet hieght) , because of sudden impact the right tie rod end and lower arm broke making the car uncontrolable and at the same time turtled twice after right side went over the divider. he escaped scratchless and unhurt, as he was wearing seatbelt he remained attached to the driving seat. Car suffering heavy loss.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-29032009189.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-29032009191.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-29032009197.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-29032009201.jpg  

Old 4th May 2010, 15:40   #5618
Senior - BHPian

What is spilled over on the car!?

Happy for your friend who walked out safe!
Old 4th May 2010, 15:42   #5619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesh_evo75 View Post
This is my friends Fiesta TDCi. He was coming to his work place some 5 km from his home in between city, at moderate speed of @ 60-70 kmph.
Hitted right tyre to road divider ( about 1.5 feet hieght) , because of sudden impact the right tie rod end and lower arm broke making the car uncontrolable and at the same time turtled twice after right side went over the divider. he escaped scratchless and unhurt, as he was wearing seatbelt he remained attached to the driving seat. Car suffering heavy loss.
Looks pretty bad. The car's suffered huge loss. And good to hear that your friend had fastened the seat belt. I can't imagine what would have happened to him had he not fastened it.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:42   #5620
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
What is spilled over on the car!?
Oil from the busted sump probably.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:47   #5621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
One of my colleagues expired near Krishnagiri on May 1st in a road accident. The bus he was traveling in hit a stationary lorry and kiled him and his friend who were sitting on the first 2 seats on the left. Very sad to hear of a young promising boy's death.

Couldn't find any links on Google though.
I just came to know that this was a friend's cousin. Apparently, he was on his way home to Pollachi from Bangalore. He was about to get married.

Though I don't know him personally, RIP, my friend.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:20   #5622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
here are the pics of the ravaged Gixxer 600 in banglore.Got this from a friend in banglore from orkut. this is what god always does to good people.Poor guy. i'm almost in tears seeing the bike .
Sheesh ! That is some heart-melting pics. OMG, pray no one else face such a fate.

OT - As if these pics weren't enough, I just came across his girl's profile, That did it for me. Huh ! Eye watering ! Just imagine, how it feels to loose your better half in a blink of an eye.

Last edited by Scorcher : 4th May 2010 at 16:21.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:25   #5623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_ View Post
I can't imagine what would have happened to him had he not fastened it.
I can imagine what would have happened if he had not hit the divider: he'd still have a car!
Old 4th May 2010, 16:26   #5624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Hope your uncle & family member are all fine.

I forgot to mention that I saw a stupid accident yesterday involving a FZ16 bike.
ON the ring road in Rajauri Garden (Delhi) there is a point where there is traffic signal for people to cross the road. Few metres ahead of theis signal (towards Naraina) road was dug up & hoardings were put up to with warning to drive cautiously. This FZ16 rider, upon the signal turning green, raced ahead of the pack & banged into the hoarding. Though no damage happened to the rider or the bike, I was left wondering how could he drive into the hoarding.

Probably he was talking on phone or driving under influence (beer to beat Delhi summer).
thanks for asking bro. uncle and family are safe and sound. But the alto's front portion got destroyed completely.The engine foundation has a very big shaking.so needs to be replaced. anyways he's a getting himself a new Hyundai i20.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:33   #5625
BHPian

This happened with my friend last year.
As he moved to the right in order to overtake the car in front of him, the guy in the car which he was overtaking all of a sudden made a vigerous cut to overtake the car in front of him.In order to avoid the impact between his car and the car he was overtaking my friend had to go even more right
And there was a logan coming from the opposite direction
The crash happened at about 70km/hr.
This crash had resulted in a broken nose, broken right arm, broken left thigh bone, broken ankels and a broken chin.He only survived because he was wearing his seatbelts.His co passenger was not wearing a seatbelt though and in addition to the following injuries he also got 58 stitches on his forehead.
This is what his car looked like after the accident.

P.s.My friend usually drives his endeavour but that day he decided to take his zen for a spin.Bad luck i would say.
And on the other hand the logan looked as if it had a crash with a bike.There was hardly any damage as compared to his car.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (801.7 KB, 1157 views)

Most Viewed