Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 12:54   #5641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Here is the downside of summer showers making riding 2-wheelers a dangerous task in Hyderabad, as reported in today's The Hindu:
Morons are without helmets on the CBZ X!

BTW, was the media expecting this?
Old 5th May 2010, 13:27   #5642
BHPian

So the media was expecting it, They knew something like this would happen cause of the road condition, Instead of solving the issue, They kept waiting for some one to fal off their bike and these guys were eager to click pics and publish them. Useless guys. :@
Old 5th May 2010, 13:43   #5643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
So the media was expecting it, They knew something like this would happen cause of the road condition, Instead of solving the issue, They kept waiting for some one to fal off their bike and these guys were eager to click pics and publish them. Useless guys. :@
Or they knew that people are not going to change their driving habits because of wet, slippery road. Atleast after seeing the photo, people will be careful. And wear helmets. Hopefully.
Old 6th May 2010, 10:11   #5644
J.Ravi

Nine killed in two road accidents in TN

Nine people were killed in two separate road accidents in Tamil Nadu, as per this report in today's The Hindu:
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accd.jpg  

Old 6th May 2010, 10:54   #5645
BHPian

Bad Crash. Looks like an Estilo, also heard in other newspaper that the axle of the lorry was broken at high speed and was swerving along the road, lost control and went head on over the car and dragged it for a distance and finally came to halt near a huge well and the car was seen hanging. Unfortunate incident. May their souls RIP
Old 6th May 2010, 11:05   #5646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
Bad Crash. Looks like an Estilo, also heard in other newspaper that the axle of the lorry was broken at high speed and was swerving along the road, lost control and went head on over the car and dragged it for a distance and finally came to halt near a huge well and the car was seen hanging. Unfortunate incident. May their souls RIP
Its a Hyundai Santro Xing and not an Estilo.
Old 6th May 2010, 11:06   #5647
BHPian

RIP, poor souls. Looks like a Santro. Very tough to survive such a hit.
Old 6th May 2010, 13:49   #5648
Senior - BHPian

very sad accident. Its indeed a Santro Xing.

Caption on the photo says that they are extricating the bodies.

Wonder how did this happen. The tipper seems to have dragged santro out of the road and the truck has fallen too, very sad crash.
Old 6th May 2010, 14:02   #5649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
very sad accident. Its indeed a Santro Xing.

Caption on the photo says that they are extricating the bodies.

Wonder how did this happen. The tipper seems to have dragged santro out of the road and the truck has fallen too, very sad crash.
The tipper broke its axle and went out of control. Hit this poor santro coming in the opposite side.
Old 6th May 2010, 14:14   #5650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
The tipper broke its axle and went out of control. Hit this poor santro coming in the opposite side.
This is what called fate :(

Poor people, dying for no fault of theirs. RIP.

With the increasing quality of roads and number private vehicles on highways, its time the RTO does a more stringent jobs. Need to be very strick in providing those FC, brake certificate etc.
Old 6th May 2010, 16:44   #5651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
There are quite a few reasons which may lead to this.

1) Overloading of the truck, which stresses the axel much more than its designed for.
2) Bad maintenance, in spite of the owner/driver knowing that the axel is damaged and not willing to fix it until it comes apart.
3) Bad quality of the axle itself.

In any case, i guess we need to have something called a maintenance fine. Any vehicle which is badly maintained and breaks down causing problems to others and obstructing traffic should be fined heavily.
Old 6th May 2010, 16:50   #5652
Senior - BHPian

Sad that these people died for no fault of theirs. Does a sedan or an SUV guys survived this?
Old 6th May 2010, 17:13   #5653
Senior - BHPian

if you ask me? Two wheelers in India should have Company fitted speed limiters as standard and they should be set to 60.
The people here do not deserve to drive over 30 .
Our so called general public think that they can defy the laws of Friction and Gravity when driving Two wheelers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
here are the pics of the ravaged Gixxer 600 in banglore.Got this from a friend in banglore from orkut. this is what god always does to good people.Poor guy. i'm almost in tears seeing the bike .
he was a mutual friend of mine.
AFAIK he was in a coma for 6 months for a failed wheelie attempt.
too bad he learned the hard way.
This accident again happened on the way to maddur(this bloody CCD has to be closed for the amount of life's it has taken) where he tried to keep up with fellow bikers after he had stopped for some reason.
Obviously he speed and the parked tractor came on his way and he was too late to realize it.
His so called friends dint even bother to take him to a hospital,at least they did the courtesy of calling his dad and informing him and then fled the scene. (well couldn't blame them completely)
RIP

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th May 2010 at 20:21. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post. Thanks
Old 6th May 2010, 17:57   #5654
Senior - BHPian

The theory on that - is that alot of bikes were previously bought (maybe still are) on dubious papers. So the average SBKer flees rather than stops to help.

/So I've heard. Glad to delete if I'm wrong - but that's what I heard offhand after similar incidents in NCR.

@Vinay - Sorry but you've completely lost the plot. Your tone is neither rational nor practical. It only increases friction. Please realize Stupidity transcends boundaries.

Just as an eg, Ahmedabad till 3 years back (when I was there) had tons of electric bikes, all crawling at <30 kph but still making a total mess of traffic by not following any rules. Sure you'd want that?

There is no substitute for (lane) discipline.
Old 6th May 2010, 18:39   #5655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
he was a mutual friend of mine.
AFAIK he was in a coma for 6 months for a failed wheelie attempt.
too bad he learned the hard way.
I feel you should have been a little more conservative with the words. This sounds really harsh.
May he rest in peace.

Although it is a rather bitter truth, a lot of the bikers on the road... especially the R15 and ZMA/ZMR crowd seems to be over their heads into rash driving. I sincerely hope something could really be done to change things and educate people about road safety.

After starting of on bikes, graduating to cars and now back to bikes; I have actually realised that 2-wheelers are a 2-wheeler's worst enemy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks