Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 10:49   #5746
BHPian

Did the NHC really had a Power Window issue, the TOI report mentions nothing about the same, although the theory about the cylinder (if not the LPG/CNG one) is surprising. I have had a NHC for 5 years and driven 96K and I never faced any issues with the same, similar story for a lot of friends of mine who still own one.
Old 13th May 2010, 11:27   #5747
BHPian

Not just the Power window switches the cars central locking system also was malfunctioning. He was trapped inside the car and could not get out.

The newspaper also quoted that the cylinder at the back probably had a leak, telling us that it was running on Gas.
Old 13th May 2010, 11:36   #5748
Senior - BHPian

The news bit says about the locking system failure which got the man inside. I pray that its an one off incident. Failures like this will only cause more casualties and I also hope Honda takes necessary action to fix any fault.

RIP to the innocent man who lost his life!
Old 13th May 2010, 13:26   #5749
BHPian

I believe this is not the 1st incident of an NHC catching fire. I have come across 2-3 incidents before, one of which I believe was reported here.
All hondas come with factory-fitted central locking, and innocent civiallians being 'deadlocked' inside such cars on fire is just horrible.
Old 13th May 2010, 13:39   #5750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Did the NHC really had a Power Window issue, the TOI report mentions nothing about the same, although the theory about the cylinder (if not the LPG/CNG one) is surprising. I have had a NHC for 5 years and driven 96K and I never faced any issues with the same, similar story for a lot of friends of mine who still own one.
Yep. Really. Seriously. You can even search this forum for an article on that. I managed to get these two!

Honda City recall in India announced, Honda City (Fit) and Jazz recall worldwide for power window fire problem | DWS Auto India

Honda City Complaints - SMOKE FROM POWER WINDOW SWITCH
Old 13th May 2010, 17:17   #5751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
A businessman was burnt alive along with his car at the Chennai Bypass Road at Porur at the early hours of today in a mysterious way, according to today's Tamil Murasu. He was on his way to Pondicherry. The passers by, who saw the car in flames, alerted the police. The police are investigating whether the person was burnt alive after kidnapping or died due to accidental fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Today's times of india reported tha the accident happened around 2 am. The car passed the tollway and after half kilometer, it went up in flames and the toll guy has reported that he passed the toll gate at 2:03 am. Even his gold chain was intact and police is saying this is pure accidental fire in the car. It could well be fault in the car.
See TOI report.
I suspect fullon foul play in the mystery of the burning NHC. 500 meters away from a toll booth is not that a distance to let a car up in flames go unnoticed.
And even if the people manning the toll booth did not notice the incident, let us assume that vehicles entering the toll from the other side must've informed the people at the booth; then why was no action taken.

It looks like a modern toll naka with a time-log since the NHC's exact passing time is reported as 2.03 am, so it's bound to be equipped with a rescue kit/vehicle at least.

Also, take a look at the picture. The car in question looks like it's been pulled over. And this was not after the fire incident. The whole fiasco has happened right where the car is, as one can see.

Clearly, the man has been murdered. Let his soul RIP.
Old 13th May 2010, 17:37   #5752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Also, take a look at the picture. The car in question looks like it's been pulled over. And this was not after the fire incident. The whole fiasco has happened right where the car is, as one can see.

Clearly, the man has been murdered. Let his soul RIP.
Take a look again. It's a two laned road with a concrete divider in the middle. What if he was driving in the left-most lane?
Old 13th May 2010, 17:58   #5753
Senior - BHPian

There could be more anamolies to this report.
1. Rettai Eri Flyover is not on the Tambaram Maduravayal Bypass Road. it is on The Padi-Redhills road. See the Image.
2.In the photo there is no fly-over in near vicinity. Actually there is no flyover close to the Toll Gate on the bypass road, for 500 meters. And the report says the car caught fire below the flyover.
3. To go to Pondicherry from Vadapalani, he doesn't have to go to this bypass road. It would take a clear 30 kms more by this route. This road is exactly on the other (west) side of the city, while he could have taken the ECR.
4. And why the police has hurriedly say 'his gold chain was intact.'? Normally police says "we will investigate the cause of the accident". Here they are declaring it is an accidental fire, right there, before any investigation.
Now, we don't know how much of the report is cooked by the reporter and how much actually was said by the police.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-padinhc.jpg  

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 13th May 2010 at 17:59.
Old 13th May 2010, 18:07   #5754
BHPian

That is a clear case of foul play.
The driver/ suspect was missing.
The man was seated in the seat adjacent to the driver.

Read this article in IE
48-yr-old businessman charred to death in his car
Old 13th May 2010, 18:12   #5755
Senior - BHPian

^^ That strengthens the case. Where is the driver? This is reported only in IE. And family members 'tight-lipped' about the accident? Intriguing.
Old 13th May 2010, 18:15   #5756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
There could be more anamolies to this report.
1. Rettai Eri Flyover is not on the Tambaram Maduravayal Bypass Road. it is on The Padi-Redhills road. See the Image.
2.In the photo there is no fly-over in near vicinity. Actually there is no flyover close to the Toll Gate on the bypass road, for 500 meters. And the report says the car caught fire below the flyover.
3. To go to Pondicherry from Vadapalani, he doesn't have to go to this bypass road. It would take a clear 30 kms more by this route. This road is exactly on the other (west) side of the city, while he could have taken the ECR.
4. And why the police has hurriedly say 'his gold chain was intact.'? Normally police says "we will investigate the cause of the accident". Here they are declaring it is an accidental fire, right there, before any investigation.
Now, we don't know how much of the report is cooked by the reporter and how much actually was said by the police.
I usually take the Tindivanam route via this bye pass from Maduravoyal which cuts away all the city traffic upto Tambaram.

The question is, who was in the driver seat and where is he now? Clear case of crime by most probability!
Old 13th May 2010, 19:17   #5757
Distinguished - BHPian

Heard in the evening news today that a Scorpio rammed into a stationary truck on the Chennai-Bangalore highway.Four occupants of the Scorpio who were from Bangalore died.
Old 13th May 2010, 20:24   #5758
J.Ravi

Today's Tamil Murasu reported that 4 people were killed in a road accident near Perambalur, Tamil Nadu, at 5:45 am today, when their Scorpio rammed against a stationary truck parked roadside by its driver to attend the Nature's call. The driver of Scorpio, who had dozed off, was also dead. The victims were returning to Perambalur after attending a function at Chennai. May the souls of the deceased RIP.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accd.jpg  

Last edited by J.Ravi : 13th May 2010 at 20:27.

Old 13th May 2010, 21:05   #5759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Heard in the evening news today that a Scorpio rammed into a stationary truck on the Chennai-Bangalore highway.Four occupants of the Scorpio who were from Bangalore died.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Today's Tamil Murasu reported that 4 people were killed in a road accident near Perambalur, Tamil Nadu, at 5:45 am today, when their Scorpio rammed against a stationary truck parked roadside by its driver to attend the Nature's call. The driver of Scorpio, who had dozed off, was also dead. The victims were returning to Perambalur after attending a function at Chennai. May the souls of the deceased RIP.
Are both the same or is it pure coincidence?

RIP.
Old 13th May 2010, 22:09   #5760
BHPian

Well this one's clearly the Scorpio driver's fault. The truck is properly parked on soil outside the white line that runs along the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks