Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 22:09   #5761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
I suspect fullon foul play in the mystery of the burning NHC.
Clearly, the man has been murdered. Let his soul RIP.
+1

i would agree with Marcus's assessment.
Old 13th May 2010, 22:50   #5762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Take a look again. It's a two laned road with a concrete divider in the middle. What if he was driving in the left-most lane?
I beg to differ here, but on closer observation one can conclude that the road is not a two-lane, but rather a three-laned highway.

The Swaraj Mazda recovery vehicle is approximately 2000 mm i.e. 6.56 feet in width. In the below picture, we can see that there's a fair amount of gap between the NHC and the SM truck, though it is in the background. Also, to the RHS of the Swaraj Mazda, we can see the highway marker which on the other hand is again at a distance away from the divider.
I've edited the original photograph for representation.
Green = Width of NHC
Red = Width of Swaraj Mazda recovery truck
Yellow = Width of road between white marker and divider
(The dimensions are a rough draft and not to scale )

OgAAAEcu5RMfsFskrztvIAp8vwN7i4x2MRjChKKSyOIQgsiauWczCW-q-y0mgfvqll2k3fdL73-3LqL8D31M1bHc4C0Am1T1UDGB
Old 13th May 2010, 23:04   #5763
BHPian

Just now while coming from KR Puram I saw a accident. It creates a huge traffic Jam near the KR Puram Lake.
A Tata 407, 2 Bikes and 1 Innova was involved in the accident. One bike is under the 407 truck. No pics :(
Old 13th May 2010, 23:23   #5764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I beg to differ here, but on closer observation one can conclude that the road is not a two-lane, but rather a three-laned highway.

The Swaraj Mazda recovery vehicle is approximately 2000 mm i.e. 6.56 feet in width. In the below picture, we can see that there's a fair amount of gap between the NHC and the SM truck, though it is in the background. Also, to the RHS of the Swaraj Mazda, we can see the highway marker which on the other hand is again at a distance away from the divider.
I've edited the original photograph for representation.
Green = Width of NHC
Red = Width of Swaraj Mazda recovery truck
Yellow = Width of road between white marker and divider
(The dimensions are a rough draft and not to scale )

Attachment 347784
The truck is much behind the NHC. You just can't compare the widths as such! If you consider the width of the jeep that's behind the truck and apply the same logic, you can say that this is a 4-laned road!
Old 14th May 2010, 00:05   #5765
BHPian

I've mentioned in my post that the truck is in the background. What I've also mentioned is that the dimensions are not to scale.
And no offence, but I must correct you here once again regarding the position of the jeep(?). It's not behind the truck as you think, but it's behind the NHC. Take a look again.
Thus, I defend my pov of the road being 3 laned and the car being pulled over to the side.
Old 14th May 2010, 00:11   #5766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've mentioned in my post that the truck is in the background. What I've also mentioned is that the dimensions are not to scale.
And no offence, but I must correct you here once again regarding the position of the jeep(?). It's not behind the truck as you think, but it's behind the NHC. Take a look again.
Thus, I defend my pov of the road being 3 laned and the car being pulled over to the side.
Doesn't matter at all. Behind 'x' or 'y' is not the point here. For comparing the widths, all the subjects should be in parallel. Get that?
Old 14th May 2010, 00:47   #5767
BHPian

Moderators, my apologies for this discussion going too off topic; just trying to prove a point.

@ DRIV3R, it does matter when one does not stick to the points that they raise. Even I know that the vehicles in the picture are not parallel which is why I've mentioned not once, but twice that the comparison of dimensions is not to scale.

New point here: If it were a two laned highway being blocked by a truck and a burned down car, what we could've also gotten to see is a massive number of vehicles lined up in the background, something that in day-to-day language is known as a 'traffic jam'; which again is nowhere to be seen in the picture!!
Old 14th May 2010, 09:31   #5768
Senior - BHPian

^^ Guys I have been on this highway many times. THIS IS A 3 LANED HIGHWAY.
See the image. See the Toll Gate on top edge of the image. You can Google-earth to see the location more clear with the coordinates displayed in this image.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-highway.jpg  

Old 14th May 2010, 09:49   #5769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
^^ Guys I have been on this highway many times. THIS IS A 3 LANED HIGHWAY.
See the image. See the Toll Gate on top edge of the image. You can Google-earth to see the location more clear with the coordinates displayed in this image.
Yes, It is a 3 laned highway. I confirmed that as soon as i saw the pdf you had uploaded, which had a better picture.

I didn't see any point in continuing the discussion(so didn't post), as we are here to discuss accidents. We are not the Police/CBI.
Old 14th May 2010, 10:10   #5770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The news bit says about the locking system failure which got the man inside. I pray that its an one off incident. Failures like this will only cause more casualties and I also hope Honda takes necessary action to fix any fault.

RIP to the innocent man who lost his life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
I believe this is not the 1st incident of an NHC catching fire. I have come across 2-3 incidents before, one of which I believe was reported here.
All hondas come with factory-fitted central locking, and innocent civiallians being 'deadlocked' inside such cars on fire is just horrible.
Quote:
I suspect fullon foul play in the mystery of the burning NHC. 500 meters away from a toll booth is not that a distance to let a car up in flames go unnoticed.
And even if the people manning the toll booth did not notice the incident, let us assume that vehicles entering the toll from the other side must've informed the people at the booth; then why was no action taken.

It looks like a modern toll naka with a time-log since the NHC's exact passing time is reported as 2.03 am, so it's bound to be equipped with a rescue kit/vehicle at least.

Also, take a look at the picture. The car in question looks like it's been pulled over. And this was not after the fire incident. The whole fiasco has happened right where the car is, as one can see.

Clearly, the man has been murdered. Let his soul RIP.
If its not a case of foul play, then Honda has to start immediately with a drive to research on these odd cases as people might start thinking twice before purchasing hondas.

May this innocent man's soul rest in peace.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:01   #5771
J.Ravi

4 people killed in accident in Tamil Nadu

Let me revive this old thread.

Four people were killed in this accident at Perambalur, Tamil Nadu, as reported by today's The Hindu:
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-hindu2.jpg  

Last edited by J.Ravi : 14th May 2010 at 11:13.

Old 14th May 2010, 12:20   #5772
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Don't know how, clicked in Lonavla on the way to our offroading spot at the Tungarli Dam:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-25042010245.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-25042010246.jpg
Old 14th May 2010, 12:39   #5773
Senior - BHPian

^^ Looks like this one fell on its front/bonnet from a reasonably good height. See tires are not deflated. And also part seem missing, might have been cut open to remove victims!
Old 14th May 2010, 12:44   #5774
Senior - BHPian

Nope. It just went straight under a truck and the A pillar got demolished. Think those extended length vehicle carrier trucks (motorcycle and not car)

Falling on its roof does not bend the A pillar into a L shape.
Old 14th May 2010, 12:45   #5775
BHPian

Looks more like it may have rammed into a stationary truck. Probably a container truck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks