Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 10:35   #5791
Senior - BHPian

got this in a forward, but makes a lot of sense.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dont-talk-while-he-drives.jpg
Old 17th May 2010, 11:01   #5792
Senior - BHPian

^^ strong message there. However its for him not to talk while driving and can't blame her, Can we?
Me - Never take the mobile while driving.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:04   #5793
BHPian

She might not know that he is (or will be driving when she is calling) driving but message is to tell her not to "keep talking" when he says "I am driving". Its nature of some wife/gf to make conversation long and sometimes emotional which is dangerous. Very good Ad and should be forwarded to all gf inboxes !

Last edited by Hashim : 17th May 2010 at 14:15.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:13   #5794
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
got this in a forward, but makes a lot of sense.
Attachment 349678
I see very disturbing trend in Bangalore. People who use phone while driving is increasing steadily. Now a days I see it almost all the time when I am on road. Most of the time if you see a slow moving vehicle in front of you, mostly it is a MORON talking on his mobile while driving. Most of the cab fellows are on mobile while driving and lot of guys who drive swanky cars are on mobile while driving. Started seeing few ladies also talking on mobile while driving. It is very disturbing trend.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:17   #5795
Senior - BHPian

OT
I hate it when someone prolongs the conversation unnecessarily. If I am driving, no matter how important the call is, I will only talk for few seconds, that too through the car audio system, totally hands free and ear free (I have my own version of wired Blue&Me - SE phone hooked to the aux input, microphone on the connecting cable itself.)

Last edited by clevermax : 17th May 2010 at 14:18.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:19   #5796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
I see very disturbing trend in Bangalore. People who use phone while driving is increasing steadily. Now a days I see it almost all the time when I am on road. Most of the time if you see a slow moving vehicle in front of you, mostly it is a MORON talking on his mobile while driving. Most of the cab fellows are on mobile while driving and lot of guys who drive swanky cars are on mobile while driving. Started seeing few ladies also talking on mobile while driving. It is very disturbing trend.
Have to agree to that.
Everyone, including the pedestrian crossing the road is on the phone. And the guy in the car who sees the pedestrian at the last minute and slams the brakes is also on the phone. And the mini bus driver who was tailing the car so close that he rams into the car is also on the phone.
The pedestrian anyways gets knocked down, the car driver gets a nasty sprain in the neck, the employees in the mini bus get tossed around.
Now no one is talking on the phone any more. They are all busy taking pictures now. Now when they should be calling for an ambulance on those very phones.
Ironic, isnt it?

Amitoj
Old 17th May 2010, 15:12   #5797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
^^+1to that. I think the SX4 finally landed on the lamp-post in a dog-pee position, after losing control and hitting things in its way.
Aww Raja babu.. what an observation and what a simile!!!
Old 17th May 2010, 22:01   #5798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Aww Raja babu.. what an observation and what a simile!!!
That's a Metaphor, I believe.
Boy!!! That's one trashed SX4.
When I used to visit Bangalore 3-4 years back (I used to live in Mysore then), I used to observe that a majority of drivers wore seatbelts. Shortly before we shifted out out Mysore, I heard that a strict seatbelt rule had been introduced there. But after shifting here, I don't see too many people belting up.
Old 18th May 2010, 10:50   #5799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
I completely agree with this. I have seen this a lot, all of these examples.
I have even seen folks talking over the phone when approching busy signals with traffic police around!
When are we going to get a low enforced in Bangalore (I hear even small cities have got this enforced in other states).

I thank god that I dont have to go via busy route (via int ring road and koramangala) and I get to travel no traffic route (via chalagattha) on my daily drive, else I wouldnt have been using my car at all.
Old 18th May 2010, 10:53   #5800
BANNED

A Nasty touch by bus. Worst part , car belongs to a friend and we both were in the car when it happened.

Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0065.jpg  

Old 18th May 2010, 11:31   #5801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
A Nasty touch by bus. Worst part , car belongs to a friend and we both were in the car when it happened.

My, that's gonna hurt bad..

Looking at the relative position of your friend's Innova wrt bus in background, would it be safe to assume your friend was cutting his lane when he got side swiped? Seems neither your friend nor the culprit(?) bus were in a mood to give way to one another

Since you were in the vehicle at the time of accident, a little more details in original post would have helped.
Old 18th May 2010, 11:42   #5802
BANNED

Quote:

Looking at the relative position of your friend's Innova wrt bus in background, would it be safe to assume your friend was cutting his lane when he got side swiped? Seems neither your friend nor the culprit(?) bus were in a mood to give way to one another

Since you were in the vehicle at the time of accident, a little more details in original post would have helped.
Well. It was at signal and both vehicles were stand still. However bus driver took a right turn (from middle lane) immediately after signal was about to turn green without bothering about vehicles on his right.

During whole episode, car was stationary.
Old 18th May 2010, 13:11   #5803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There are scratch marks from the (closed) left-evrm on the bus body that substantiate idea1979 claim in post # 5803.

It seems that STU bus drivers in Pune are trained on Blue-line buses in Delhi.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 18th May 2010 at 13:12.
Old 18th May 2010, 13:38   #5804
BHPian

Still am not able to comprehend the postioning of innova when I compare its relative position on road with the bus (which seems to be at a bus stop) in background. Innova does seem to be overflowing from its lane towards the center lane on left..

Anyway, whoever's fault it was, car needs to spend a few days at the workshop to take care of the dings on the entire left length..

Saving grace - a low speed side swipe by a far bigger vehicle.

Have experienced this myself when a mini bus developed an affinity towards my left ORVM Thank God, it was only the mirror and not body panels!

Last edited by AlokSriva : 18th May 2010 at 13:39.
Old 18th May 2010, 13:43   #5805
BHPian

Spotted a badly mangled White Swift stationed near an apartment building, just after entering Jail Road from Sarjapura road. No idea what happened, but the damages suggest the car rolled-over after taking a hit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks