Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 23:23   #5851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Did it belong to the Pics of weird and wacky mod jobs thread???
The owner/driver might have been reflecting his car's character or vice- versa!!!
yeah i guess. it looked like a Christmas tree lit up!
Old 25th May 2010, 01:34   #5852
BHPian

past is past - now i carry a wheel spanner under my seat, 4 D-cell Maglite under the steering column and hockey stick behind the rear seat [/quote]

Please make sure these are only for YOUR use...

Last edited by Ranjimso : 25th May 2010 at 01:36.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:21   #5853
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Received this email, highlighting the importance of ABS.

@ Prakash : If you are reading this, do note that it is NOT possible / recommended to add ABS in the after-market. ABS is best availed for, at the time of booking your car itself.

Quote:
Hi

The enclosed is the images of my car which was met an accident on 1st of May and I am confident that Dzire must have ABS in all the models.

If someone buy without ABS and may be end up with this…., As I enquired the same with Service pupil and understood that Dzire is coming to the workshop
After frequent accident so please publish this pictures and my message in your website.

Apart from this I have sent many mails to Maruti and contacted their customer care phone number and pity is that NO RESPONSE. I was just asking them is it possible to
Fit an ABS in my VXI Dzire.., But no response.

Till the time we buy the car the CUSTOMER is very important for them and after that we are like strangers to Maruti specially.

Thanks & Regards

Prakash S.P
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-01052010651.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-01052010644.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-01052010645.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-01052010646.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-01052010648.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-01052010649.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-01052010654.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-01052010656.jpg
Old 25th May 2010, 16:34   #5854
Senior - BHPian

Did this Dzire have a rear tire burst ?Looks like he went off the road from the centre of teh road
Old 25th May 2010, 16:39   #5855
BHPian

I thank my stars

I had been to coorg last week for my sons naming ceremony function. was going back home in speed of 50 to 60kms. This is the speed i maintain always in coorg as the roads are pretty narrow and doing insane speed might cost ones life.

I can see KSRTC bus in front of me around 500 mts. he was going in decent speed. and i'm around 50 kms. suddenly from back of KSRTC bus there comes a fiesta car in insane speed by now we are just 200 mts. He blinks his headlights asking for a side by then he has already travelled 100 mts. i was totally pissed off. Either he is applying brakes and giving way to KSRTC bus and no way that he can cross the bus safely without harming me. i sensed danger and saw a little slush n fencing of coffee estate with no other solution i pulled out to complete left side hitting the slush and was about to brake hard and cross over the coffee estate fencing. luckily i saved myself n car from colliding headon. there was little lump of mud which helped car stop there.

Guys you know what the fiesta guys still decided to overtake the KSRTC bus without braking and there was mini truck behind me. fiesta guy lost complete control of the vehicle. sreeching noise. just looked at rear view mirror and he was swaying like snake. I dint even bother to take a second look. i feel he was saved due to ABS.

my left fender got scratches due to wooden log on side of estate fencing but nothing major.

I thanked my stars. stopped car for around good 30 mins till the shiver in my hand n legs reduced. smoked 3 cigs to get my BP down.

Just wondering how many of them lost there precious life due to someone elses fault.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:39   #5856
BHPian

KPN accident video

Old 25th May 2010, 16:40   #5857
Senior - BHPian

I don't think ABS would have helped him much in this incident. The car seems to have gone from the centre of the road towards the side, off the road, in a straight line. The tyre marks are probably due to hard braking.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:48   #5858
Senior - BHPian

I spotted an accident near the Pallikonda Toll gate en route from Chennai to Bangalore.

A Chevy Tavera banged into the side of a truck. The truck was at a position where it was trying to a U-Turn. The incident happened a few minutes before I could reach that point and I could see ambulances coming to the spot as well!
Old 25th May 2010, 16:58   #5859
Senior - BHPian

@GTO:
I'm not sure how ABS would've helped here. There was an accident yes. However, the tyre treads curved out - its not like it lost traction and kept tracking straight instead of swerving. Or did it lose contact in the "swerve in section"?
Old 25th May 2010, 17:21   #5860
Distinguished - BHPian

There is one thing nobody has noticed here, the Tires. Most Maruti cars come pathetic tires as OE(Except SX4 and GV), especially the JK tyre standard on Swift.

The day i bought my Swift VDi ABS, i was driving to Chandigarh and a truck was overtaking another one, i had to slam the brakes, though i was able to steer the car avoid the truck but the grip from tires was POOR.

The next day i upgraded the tires (though this was previously planned).

Last edited by .anshuman : 25th May 2010 at 17:22.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:53   #5861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
A Chevy Tavera banged into the side of a truck. The truck was at a position where it was trying to a U-Turn. The incident happened a few minutes before I could reach that point and I could see ambulances coming to the spot as well!
can you confirm if some parts of NH46 especially near pachakuppam has been closed for maintenance during a trip. I read on today's TOI (will try to find a link) that a person along with his family met with an accident when he tried to overtake a bus in the flyover (which by itself is too tight to be taken beyond 80 kmph) found a truck approaching in his lane and in order to avoid a head on collision had to brake hard lost control and collided with the bus he overtook. the truck had been diverted to opposite lane due to construction activity. If it is true, we would need to be aware.
Old 25th May 2010, 18:22   #5862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

and my wifey (against my instructions not to get out of the car) was out of the car!
ah! These wifey's do it quite often. just when you don't want them to be on the scene, they appear.
I dont know what thrill it gives them to come out when it is clearly instructed the not to come out.
What happens next?. You are bewilderd, seeing your wife come out. You start shouting at her to get in the car. The other guy whom you are fighting gets a heady kick of adreline and gets ready to bash you up.
Sometimes being single has its own advantages, seems so.

Sorry for going OT

Last edited by Mi10 : 25th May 2010 at 18:24.
Old 25th May 2010, 18:26   #5863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
can you confirm if some parts of NH46 especially near pachakuppam has been closed for maintenance during a trip. I read on today's TOI (will try to find a link) that a person along with his family met with an accident when he tried to overtake a bus in the flyover (which by itself is too tight to be taken beyond 80 kmph) found a truck approaching in his lane and in order to avoid a head on collision had to brake hard lost control and collided with the bus he overtook. the truck had been diverted to opposite lane due to construction activity. If it is true, we would need to be aware.
It was exactly on the Bangalore - Chennai part of the highway, exactly 1 KM before the Pallikonda toll booth!
Old 25th May 2010, 21:33   #5864
BHPian

Since this accident is also in ring road only i thought i can post it here.

Moderators please move if it shouldnt be posted here.

Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00402.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00403.jpg  

Old 25th May 2010, 21:41   #5865
Senior - BHPian

saw this on the OMR few days back. from the looks of it (damage on the windshield), the Omni hit a pedestrian.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_mg_4757.jpg

Most Viewed