Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:35   #6001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I do not agree with blaming road conditions*, ever for an accident. Road conditions are what the driver has to cope with: if they fail, it is their failure, not the road's!

*traffic conditions, yes.
I disagree with you over here, Often, it is the road conditions that lead to an Accident, however, a good driver one may be, but Road conditions are to be blamed for a lot many accidents, maybe not a majority, but yes, a lot many.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:10   #6002
Senior - BHPian

banged up Honda City.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc03024.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2010, 16:22   #6003
BHPian

Yup! Thats a temp number. The car has been around for the last 5-6 months i guess. Some say that it was running around with a KL number but i think they are refering to anotehr RR that belongs to a neighbour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Damn. The RR took the hit very badly indeed. Its crumpled scrap.
EDIT: Does TRT mean its still on temporary plates?
The white one belongs to a shipping Co. it has a permanent mangalore number now and i believe it was the first RR to hit mlore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Thats a bad hit to RR! I saw this RR quite often in mangalore along with white one. Both have MH number plate though!
Probably! it belongs to a muslim from Kerela. And i vaguely recall hanmust mentioning something about this car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I think that RR belongs to a friend of Hanmust
The Bridge is on NH17 while entering mangalore city limit from udupi side. These concrete poles are like gate pillers on either side of the bridge.. You are looking at the wrong pole. The one that the car hit fell down into the river, i believe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Looks like he hit the pole at quite some speed. I wonder why the pole was erected there, seems to be a strong one as i still see it standing straight.
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:59   #6004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

in the almost 4yrs we've had her, other than a few scratches here and there (due to the wonderful traffic of Bangalore),
Just wonderful. Many times, one ends up spending 3-4 times the time they spend in their destination, in travelling.
The traffic is one of a kind, I must admit.
BTW- My dad bought his 1st car, after 2 consecutive accidents with a kinetic honda we used to own. This was in Chennai, when I was much younger (an 8 yr old) A M1000 hit the scooter from the back, and then went crashing into the roadside.
All of us sustained minor injuries. The car owner was real hostile, though my dad got him into control. But believe or not, our scooter sustained next to no damage!!!
Our m800, which we got cleaned and taken for a short drive, after nearly 8 months of neglect, has run just 23000 km in the 6-7 years we have had it for, and it has not sustained any damage, even after being hit by an esteem in the back in Mysore. On Indian roads, one must be real lucky to own a car that's never had light/serious damage in an accident, considering the way other people on the streets drive.
Old 3rd June 2010, 00:54   #6005
BHPian

The problem is that we do not have a strict compliance of traffic rules,anybody can get a driving license without fully knowing the traffic rules,also the there is blatant disregard for safety.The traffic cops and RTO need to be more strict to ensure compliance.We need to have more highway patrols to prevent rash driving.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:57   #6006
Senior - BHPian

saw a minor accident on my way to work this morning. near the turn to Madiwala market (coming from St. John's hospital signal), the light was red for our side and the opposite side was flowing through. one uncle in a Dzire tries to squeeze in. there is a green Zen coming from the opposite side - uncle stops, Zen moves forward, uncle moves forward - clips the right side bumper and headlights of the Zen. the area just behind the headlights kind of cave in. damage to DZire - just a few scratches.

when the lights turned green for us, i moved forward to see uncle furiously fighting (verbally) with the Zen fellow! when i was paying the toll at EC, saw the same Zen beside me in another lane. quickly fished out my phone and click

feel bad for the Zen guy.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0466.jpg
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:11   #6007
Senior - BHPian

The Mangalore RR crash

Of all places ,the Kulur bridge!! This definitely isnt a high speed stretch and is a one way road.

This driver must have been driving at a very high speed for sure and must have tried to overtake some slow moving vehicle near the entry point of the bridge
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:20   #6008
Senior - BHPian

from todays HT, 6 people from 3 families died on the way to Dharamsala,where they were going for celebration of the girls good marks in tenth standard.

The tempo traveller had its tyres burst and landed up on the other side of the road after jumping the divider.

This is the most scary thing, tyres burst.

How can we avoid it ? Any ideas BHPians ?
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tempo-traveller.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2010, 11:54   #6009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
from todays HT, 6 people from 3 families died on the way to Dharamsala,where they were going for celebration of the girls good marks in tenth standard.

The tempo traveller had its tyres burst and landed up on the other side of the road after jumping the divider.

I see the rear right tyre intact while the mangled mess is being towed away. I sometimes feel a tempo traveller is a glorified omni with no protection at the front whatsoever and to top it all, its runs on a mercedes engine which is capable of doing good speeds. Worn out tyres, faulty/over used tubes could be one reason for tyre bursts.
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:22   #6010
Senior - BHPian

Today there was a Mercedes Slk and Amby taxi collision in Delhi( probably near Africa avenue) with 4 people injured.Saw a news clip, seemed that Amby was t-boned by Merc.

Last edited by agspins : 3rd June 2010 at 13:25.
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:27   #6011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post

Don't keep the tyres under inflated is what comes from top of my head. Search for more of this on the forum.
Old 4th June 2010, 07:49   #6012
Senior - BHPian

A cubanite silver MERC SLK 200K driven by a politician's son crashed on an amby taxi at 150 kmph in Delhi, killing a women after she was thrown out of taxi due to impact and fell in a ditch.

Pictures taken from today's HT.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-untitled1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-untitled2.jpg  

Old 4th June 2010, 08:54   #6013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
A cubanite silver MERC SLK 200K driven by a politician's son crashed on an amby taxi at 150 kmph in Delhi, killing a women after she was thrown out of taxi due to impact and fell in a ditch.

Pictures taken from today's HT.
So, another Politician's son on a rampage, he would easliy walk away unless the media plays an important role like in Nanda case,

Very sad for the woman and her family, Any idea about the cab driver, Is he alright?
Old 4th June 2010, 09:42   #6014
Distinguished - BHPian

Cab driver is fine according to the media. Too bad to see the merc in that condition.
Old 4th June 2010, 10:10   #6015
Senior - BHPian

why always the richer person get such unwanted publicity it could be easily the cab drivers fault
we all know how these cab driver drive their cabs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks