Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2010, 23:02   #6031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
why always the richer person get such unwanted publicity it could be easily the cab drivers fault
we all know how these cab driver drive their cabs
Not richer person. Politoco's sons mind you. There is a world of difference. Rich doctors, lawyers, professors, business guys, IT guys, industrialists including super-rich Tatas / Ambanis are very decent people and well behaved. But not politicians' sons. They are drunk on their dad's powers and think they own this country. 99 out of 100, in an accident, politicians and their sons are responsible.
Old 6th June 2010, 23:32   #6032
Distinguished - BHPian

Accident in Hyderabad

Does anyone have any idea about a car crash that happened in Hyderabad this morning, somewhere between the airport and Ramoji Film City? How it happened, where it happened?

Mother, daughter and son-in-law were travelling together. The daughter died in hospital, mother is in critical condition, son-in-law suffered multiple fractures but stated to be out of danger.
Old 7th June 2010, 10:39   #6033
Senior - BHPian

A very bad accident happened on Saturday evening near/in Khargar or near expressway. One truck rolled on a divider and completely damaged its front. It was on a median which divides the start of a fly over and a service road. It was on extreme left. Then within 20 meters there was an Indica which banged into a TATA 407 MUV. The indica's front was completely damaged. This was on the right side at the start of the fly over. Then again at 40 meters ahead on right side there was one mid size truck with a oil leakage.

I was travelling to Pune and could not click snaps. Anybody any idea about this accident?
Old 7th June 2010, 10:46   #6034
BHPian

Saw 2 trucks rolled down within 150 mtrs of each other both looked like separate accidents on the NICE road just at the exit at Banerghatta road.
Old 7th June 2010, 12:50   #6035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Not really, right of way is that of vehicle which is on the main road, being driven straight ahead. It is the responsibility of vehicle joining the main road to wait for its turn patiently - a virtue, which unfortunately, not too many exhibit, when behind the steering wheel - irrespective of the vehicle
I do know that. I assumed it was a 4 way intersection. Was it a T junction with the cab entering the main road? Hard to imagine that since then it should have been a side-swipe rather than a T-bone.
Old 7th June 2010, 16:06   #6036
BHPian

Another tree terror.

This zen was crushed by a tree during recent rains in bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0157.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0158.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0155.jpg  

Old 7th June 2010, 16:46   #6037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
This zen was crushed by a tree during recent rains in bangalore.
that really gotta hurt! hope nobody was inside the car when it happened! as a rule of thumb, i avoid places where there are lot of trees when it rains in Bangalore. better safe than sorry
Old 7th June 2010, 18:18   #6038
Senior - BHPian

2 more verna CRDis crash.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc04879.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc04880.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc04881.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc04882.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc04883.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc04884.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc04885.jpg  

Old 7th June 2010, 18:33   #6039
Senior - BHPian

on my way back from EC, saw a Indica crashed into the divider on the IRR before the DELL office. from the looks of it, the driver overshot his turn. anybody know what really happened?
Old 7th June 2010, 18:33   #6040
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys from Hyderabad: Anyone has any information on this? Or can you procure any information? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Does anyone have any idea about a car crash that happened in Hyderabad this morning, somewhere between the airport and Ramoji Film City? How it happened, where it happened?

Mother, daughter and son-in-law were travelling together. The daughter died in hospital, mother is in critical condition, son-in-law suffered multiple fractures but stated to be out of danger.
Old 7th June 2010, 21:27   #6041
Senior - BHPian

The Hindu : Tamil Nadu News : 11 killed as van collides with truck

Have seen and read lots of accidents on Theni region.

Quote:
Drivers of both the vehicles died on the spot.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2010060661940401.jpg  

Old 7th June 2010, 22:52   #6042
Senior - BHPian

Oh my God that tempo is such a bad state. Wait. Which tempo is that. Is the Firodia one which dates waaaay back to the 1980s ?
Old 7th June 2010, 23:01   #6043
Senior - BHPian

Tempo? Looks like a Mahindra van to me.
Old 8th June 2010, 02:19   #6044
BHPian

I agree with prince_pervez that the mass of twisted metal is indeed an old timer Firodia(notice the grille) which was a sibling to the Matador.

Just last night was I wondering that this thread is gonna have tons of posts flowing for awhile, owing to the monsoons. That said, saw an accident near Mankhurd junction a couple of hours back - a blue swift, which had probably spun out of control/lost grip/driver's mistake, had collided against a divider. The left side of the car was pretty badly damaged. No casualties though.
Old 8th June 2010, 09:39   #6045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
I do know that. I assumed it was a 4 way intersection. Was it a T junction with the cab entering the main road? Hard to imagine that since then it should have been a side-swipe rather than a T-bone.
Yes, it was a T-junction as per the reports and the cab was joining main road by taking right. What you have said would have been correct if the cab was taking a left on main road.

A side-swipe or T-bone imapct would depend on how much -
1) the Amby intruded into the main road (merc's path);
2) was the merc driver able to react in time to deviate off the amby directly in its path

Apparently, looking at the accident pictures and the fact that amby rolled over after the impact, one can say that indeed the amby was T-boned into. Merc has full frontal damage whereas Amby's front is almost intact but the sides and driver/passenger cabin is badly damaged - obviously on account of side impact followed by roll-over(s).

Whatever be the specifics, bottomline remains that majority of drivers do not know basic traffic rules and thereby, become a threat to themselves, and more importantly, to others on the road. Just observe the traffic at a roundabout for a couple of minutes and you would know where I am coming from.

Last edited by AlokSriva : 8th June 2010 at 09:56.

Most Viewed