Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 11:32   #6646
BHPian

I belive nothing will happen against those rich girls. Also, they belongs to Col's family. All people talk about this a day or a week. After that things will go asusual. This is what occurs in any case. As we are in india, only MONEY does matter for anything. They can simply close this case. Let's pray for those innocent's family.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:45   #6647

My elder son is 5 years old and younger son is 2.5. Elder travels on a scooter with my dad at my native place and younger one travels a little to a play home standing in the front of activa with his mom in bangalore. I am deeply scared after reading this. And really angry at the same point of time. Yes some times i also drink. But i book a cab for 4 hrs & 40 Kms and take my family. I dont touch my car or my bike.

In this case i think 90% responsibility is parents. I feel these girls parents (both Mom and dad) should be punished in a way that sets an example for others. I dont know what bright future these perents are dreaming of by doing all these with there own kids. These girls killed two. But these parents killed 6 (2 + 4 of these girls).

Regards,

Mohit Raja

--------

Had it not been a bike and would have been a truck then ?

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th August 2010 at 17:36. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 18th August 2010, 12:41   #6648
BHPian

I am very angry but a week later, the girls again will be on the roads drunken. Money power is all that matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim Bhai View Post
Had it not been a bike and would have been a truck then ?
Interesting Scenario, mostly the truck driver would have been arrested.
Old 18th August 2010, 17:27   #6649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Something I observed from a news channel.
Almost all cars involved in hit and run cases of the metros are either the BMW or Honda. They are driver's cars for sure but they can be the bad driver's car too.
BMW, especially, must be holding long-beard,dark room, head-scratching meetings perpetually in their India HQs, as to "why?how??????why only us???"

Ps: we seem to forget that as petrolheads, we have to look at another poor victim in a crash----------THE CAR!!

ever seen the crashed ones outside police stations?
it literally is as bad as seeing a hurt/hungry/thirsty animal for me!!
Old 18th August 2010, 17:52   #6650
BHPian

The Car???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
BMW, especially, must be holding long-beard,dark room, head-scratching meetings perpetually in their India HQs, as to "why?how??????why only us???"

Ps: we seem to forget that as petrolheads, we have to look at another poor victim in a crash----------THE CAR!!

ever seen the crashed ones outside police stations?
it literally is as bad as seeing a hurt/hungry/thirsty animal for me!!

Are you in your senses Sir?
Please , be proud of petrolheads or whatever. Be human first. You can see statements about that in the whole of Team -BHP. This site has that as a motto. Please read GTO's and other senior members comments/remarks. They always *stress* on safety first.

But yours is the most dirty,cruel statement ever read. Sorry to be blunt, but I had to.

How is CAR a victim? Car can't run on or do anything on its own. It's the person behind the wheels or the people getting hit are the victims.( unless the car has some brake/mechanical or some other failure which is beyond the control of driver.)

Forget about Honda/BMW/Tata/Maruti or any godforsaken brand. Who cares for the brand when a 7 year old kid loses his life. Spare a thought for his parents and relatives. It's not even 24 hrs. Please take a sec and imagine what the must be going thru' at this point of time.

Or have we Indians stooped so low that getting run over by a Ferrari or a BMW is considered as a matter of privilege than getting killed by a lowly brand car?

Regards,
P.S:- Hope you understand the meaning of petrolheads.
Old 18th August 2010, 17:58   #6651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
Are you in your senses Sir?
Please , be proud of petrolheads or whatever. Be human first. You can see statements about that in the whole of Team -BHP. This site has that as a motto. Please read GTO's and other senior members comments/remarks. They always *str...........................privilege than getting killed by a lowly brand car?

Regards,
Boss, slightly over the top reaction from your end.
Go back and read my earlier comments with regard to this incident, and learn how to take/understand things in the vein which they are said.That is specifically why i had quoted the text in context to which i had commented.

and thanks for the gyaan.
Old 18th August 2010, 18:12   #6652
BHPian

Quote:
Boss, slightly over the top reaction from your end.
Go back and read my earlier comments with regard to this incident, and learn how to take/understand things in the vein which they are said.That is specifically why i had quoted the text in context to which i had commented.

and thanks for the gyaan.
I read your earlier posts too. Over the top reaction?? So be it.

"Thanks for the gyaan", as usual sarcasm when something cannot be taken in the right spirit.
It's OK. Ignored. When you give comments like the above, please be prepared to take it when it comes your way boss !!!

Forget it, this thread is purely dedicated for accidents which are not at all a thing to fight on.
We should try to empathize/sympathize with victims, that's it.
Old 18th August 2010, 18:35   #6653
BHPian

Quote:
I read your earlier posts too. Over the top reaction?? So be it.

"Thanks for the gyaan", as usual sarcasm when something cannot be taken in the right spirit.
It's OK. Ignored. When you give comments like the above, please be prepared to take it when it comes your way boss !!!

Forget it, this thread is purely dedicated for accidents which are not at all a thing to fight on.
We should try to empathize/sympathize with victims, that's it.
As much as we'd like to look at the matter most important in an accident which is the human lives lost, for some of us or at least for me, it hurts to see a car(exotic or not), lying in shambles.

So i think you must understand the emotion he was trying to convey there.
Old 18th August 2010, 18:45   #6654
Senior - BHPian

On the previous page the Accord accident: Parents are to be blamed to give a vehicle to irresponsible kids.
Old 18th August 2010, 18:51   #6655
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't think that any person here values a car above a life, especially the life of a child --- but yes, the car is part of this.

I even feel for the girls. They are 17: children too, not even old enough to marry. What sort of family[ies] have allowed this situation to come about? Even if parental influence keeps the driver out of the hands of the law, can these children ever forget what they have done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez
Parents are to be blamed to give a vehicle to irresponsible kids.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 18th August 2010 at 18:53.
Old 18th August 2010, 21:43   #6656
Distinguished - BHPian

Accord accident update:
the girl has surrendered,and apparently there is an offer of making whatever amends possible.lets see how tihs develops.
here's a link to ndtv's news item on this:
Chandigarh hit-and-run: One girl surrenders, other missing
Old 18th August 2010, 21:52   #6657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...we have to look at another poor victim in a crash----------THE CAR!! ever seen the crashed ones outside police stations?
Quote:
Mayank was only trying to emphatize from a car's perspective that between a unlucky-soul and a nutcase-behind-the-wheel - IT is made a VICTIM - so true - IMO there cannot be a bigger petrolhead than those who shed a tear for such Victims...!!
Old 18th August 2010, 22:40   #6658
Senior - BHPian

Instead of driving their cars into helpless bikers/pedestrians, why don't these drunk rich kids drive their snazzy cars into trailer-trucks/road-rollers etc. for a change? May be then, they would learn a lesson or two.
Old 18th August 2010, 23:29   #6659
Senior - BHPian

All this "what values family is putting in youngsters" discussion reminds me of an incident. My friend was teaching tuitions. One businessman came an said "You can charge as much money as you want. Make sure that this guy passes the exam". Then left. Thats it guys!! Work of a father done!! Its attitude like this which leads to creation of monster kids. Which then are responsible for accidents like this.
If one cannot give time to his/her kid then one better not have one.

I do not blame the kids. Its the family which has to be taken to task.
Old 19th August 2010, 02:42   #6660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
They are 17: children too,
Dude if this is true then what I said holds even more true. Irresponsible parents who give 2 hoots for the law of the country.

Most Viewed