Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 20:05   #6766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkar View Post
WOW !!! is that front right tyre intact ?
No, it went flat after the accident.. Its obvious from the pics that the first point of impact was definitely not the tyre.
Old 4th September 2010, 03:34   #6767
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this Cruze on the Golf course road, Gurgaon.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo247.jpg
Old 4th September 2010, 15:19   #6768
BHPian

Check this totaled bentley out, according to a newspaper this was being driven by the driver who was driving this monster at an so called 'insane' speed of 140kph on the outer ring road,lost control and the car flipped five times bla bla.But i think this car will be very stable at speeds much higher than 140,imo the accident happened at a much higher speed and I don't know if any driver will do this and i think it was done by some family member and the driver has become the scape goat.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-handlewithcare030910.jpg  

Old 4th September 2010, 21:45   #6769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
aint this c v raos car?
This is what TOI says:

Quote:
HYDERABAD: Occupants of a Bentley had a miraculous escape after the Rs 3.56-crore worth car, being driven at a high speed on the Outer Ring Road, rammed into a road divider and rolled over nearly five times before coming to a stop upside-down on the other side of the road on Thursday evening. The driver's leg got severed in the accident.

The Bentley (AP 12 J 789) belonged to C V Rao, chairman of of Navayuga Constructions Private Limited, Jubilee Hills. The accident took place near Chennamma Hotel on the ORR, RGI Airport SI P Anjaiah said.

When the incident happened, driver Ramana and office assistant Praveen were in the car. They were returning to the corporate office after dropping C V Rao at the airport, the SI said.

Ramana's right leg got severed, while Praveen sustained minor injuries. The injured were rushed to a private hospital in Jubilee Hills and their condition is said to be out of danger.

Luckily, there were no other vehicles coming in the opposite direction otherwise there could have been some casualties, the SI said.

A case was registered against Ramana under section 337 (causing injuries due to rash or negligent act) of the Indian Penal Code ( IPC).

Old 5th September 2010, 21:38   #6770
Senior - BHPian

Saw a very weird accident in RAJARHAT today evening. The car was lying sideways (at 90 degrees) on the wrong side of the road. Wonder how it got there as the dividers are well guarded as there is a flyover construction going on. It happened opposite Hometown. Its a ZEN inside the red circle and there was a huge crowd.
P.S--It was scary to see the car in such a position with the headlights on.

Sorry for the pic. Clicked it with my phone and they were not allowing any car to stop.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-222.jpg  

Last edited by Pancham : 5th September 2010 at 21:43.
Old 5th September 2010, 23:27   #6771
Senior - BHPian

The red light that you see inside the red circle is the tail lamp of the Zen. It is lying sideways (on its right, that is, driver's door is down and co-passenger's is up).
Old 6th September 2010, 10:32   #6772
Senior - BHPian

Must be a high-speed crash. 3 fatal, 2 serious(Coimbatore-Kerala road).
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-06_09_2010_004_009_001.jpg  

Old 6th September 2010, 10:43   #6773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Four died and 2 seriously injured in this sad Innova crash. They were returning to Coimbatore from Guruvayur after attending a marriage.
Old 6th September 2010, 13:06   #6774
Senior - BHPian

Another image of the accident
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-innovacar.jpg  

Old 6th September 2010, 14:01   #6775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I heard about it from my folks in my hometown (Palakkad) a few minutes back. There's a good hospital within 500m of the accident site which is 3km away from our house. Just hope the survivors are getting the necessary medical attention. Let the deceased RIP.

Some relief that the vehicles didn't go up in flames - the Innova is dangerously close to the diesel tank of the lorry.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post

There is a bridge immediately after Malabar hospital when you are travelling from palakkad to thrissur. This happened on the first right curve after the bridge. It looked like the innova had tried overtaking on the curve and hit the truck which was moving on the correct side of the road. Clearly looks like a 120+ crash.
Thanks ADi for that piece of info.
These taxi Innova/Scorpio/Sumo drivers are reckless in most cases. Most of them especially those from TN/KA/AP etc are not used to the relatively narrow and crowded Highways of Kerala, and hit the gas. Not even one such driver advocates wearing seatbelts.

A few months back, some of my colleagues and myself had gone to Irinjalakuda for a wedding, and we were going to Palakkad in an Innova. The driver was talking in length about the way he used to drive an Amby. And he WAS a maniac with the Innova - bullying two-wheelers, smaller cars and at times even other MUVs, on the NH-47. We had to shout at him to drive sanely (sanely = sub 100kmph speeds. I saw the tach stay regularly at 3k-3.5k in 5th gear).

Come Sabarimala season, and the number of such maniacs multiply

Last edited by silversteed : 6th September 2010 at 14:14.
Old 6th September 2010, 15:13   #6776
BHPian

Royal Enfield accident in Kashmir.

This is what the bike rider had to say after the accident :
"I have no idea how I am still here. I walked away from this with only a lower leg fracture and cut's/bruises"

Old 6th September 2010, 21:05   #6777
itamnas

seat belt saved

Seatbelt saved.
This was the states of my esteem after the accident. Nobody was hurt. a miracle!!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image024.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd January 2013 at 15:32. Reason: Removing some strange code/jibberish from the bottom of your post.
  (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2010, 15:09   #6778
BHPian

when two swifts meet

This is what I saw today morning.
HSR Layout 2nd sector (close to "Cuppa": the coffee shop).
The huge lamp post seen close to the white Swift is actually an un-manned junction. Four roads meet at this point and all of them nice, wide and recently tarred up. I have always felt that disasters are waiting to happen here.

Looks like both the drivers (both IT professionals, I suppose) did not give a damn about each other and ended up getting smashed up. The White one is a zxi, driven by a lady and the airbags were deployed.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img0058a.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img0059a.jpg  

Old 7th September 2010, 17:21   #6779
BHPian

Accident In Hyderabad

Was looking at a news paper(regional Telugu) and found an accident article,

a over speeding Accord has lost control and flipped thrice and one of the flip has landed over an Indica(Taxi) the persons who were in indica has lost their lives.

got this picture of the Accord.

Details_

Note From Mod: Kindly refrain from posting pictures which might play against the sensitivity of many members or the public viewing the forum (e.g. pictures of people mangled in an accident). Removed one of the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-hyd791034171.jpg  

Last edited by Amartya : 8th September 2010 at 16:57. Reason: The picture of the Indica was quite graphic, hence removed.
Old 7th September 2010, 17:41   #6780
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Airbags in a car do not pop out unless required. Owner's manual of most cars specify the conditions where Airbags will not be triggered. This includes Roll over, Side crash and Crashing into a pole or a tree.

For further discussion on this please refer threads related to Airbags.

An Article on Airbags:Airbag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by .anshuman : 7th September 2010 at 18:05. Reason: Removing Typo.

Most Viewed