Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 10:49   #6826
BHPian

^^ its an sx4 for sure.

recognized by tail lights , alloys and colour.
Old 24th September 2010, 10:49   #6827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post

BTW- Whats the car?
Looking at the tail lights and the alloys, it looks like a SX4 ZXi
Old 24th September 2010, 14:53   #6828
BHPian

Quote:
For the one who cant read:
'For the benefit of those who can't read Malyalam' sounds better

Fault or not, I don't know what sadistic pleasure mob derives out of beating up someone who is already injured because of the accident

Maybe instant justice is the mantra. However, in that case, there shouldn't be any legal proceeding initiated against the vehicle driver/passenger as they have already been administered mob justice.

This of course is not the case, then why shouldn't these miscreants be booked by police for manhandling apparent culprits?
Old 24th September 2010, 20:49   #6829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkar View Post
hey brother, i had a similar accident on janmashtmi day of 2008. i was coming back from my rural posting on a state highway, a buffalo calf which was grazing by the side of the road suddenly jumped on to the road because the old lady takin care of it had crossed the road. i was doing 80+ , slammed my brakes, hit it , dragged the calf for almost 25 feet before the car came to a halt . ma poor esteem had lost its bumber , grille and bonnet. the calf had a few bruises. i pulled over and waited for a while, when the crowd around me didn speak or say anything, i sped off from ther and later realised i was bein followed by a bike. pulled over again and they demanded i go back to the accident spot and pay up for the calf . i argued with him, told him to get my car repaired and ill pay for his calf . after threatening him saying ill take him to the police and all, he agreed to leave with just 200 bucks. best thing was he was not even the owner of the calf, claimed to be some neighbour. people try to make money when ever and where ever they can.

I do not know if this is just a coincidence or a scam to make a quick buck by the villagers a similar incident occurred with me and my family when we were returning back from Chennai to Bangalore almost a year back, we were halfway back to Bangalore at around 4.30 in the evening. It was drizzling so the roads were kind of wet. The driver of our Scorpio was at a speed of 70-80 as it was an open highway. We crossed a toll booth and hardly 3 km away there was a wild bush covered area. Out of nowhere some buffaloes ran right in front of our Scorpio just inches in-front of the vehicle so the driver managed as best he could to swerve to miss a buffalo but sadly the buffalo hit the left side passenger door shattering the glass. To avoid the second buffalo the driver turned a bit more towards the divider but sadly due to the wet roads lost control of the vehicle and the car jumped the center divider and drifted to the edge of other side of the highway. I thanked god cause none of us were hurt (my dad just got a cut as he was sitting infront) as we missed a trailer truck speeding from the opposite side of the road by a few meters.

Thankfully a car passing by saw this thing happening and helped us ad also called the tool patrol for us. We were asked to pay to the cattle owner as a buffalo got injured and also for a small plant which was put in the middle of the divider which got uprooted when all this happened. Well about the car the car required a full front makeover, new radiator, new passenger side door, glass,(and a windscreen cause the mechanic which we took the car to for temporary repairs didn't tie the hood properly as the lock was broken which flung open while driving)I have full respect for a scorpio from then onwards for taking this beating well despite the car being full to its capacity.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-untitled.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-optimized10052008651.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-optimized10052008652.jpg  

Old 25th September 2010, 09:44   #6830
@ri
BHPian

The Buffalo effect....
When: August 2008,
Where: Between Vijayawada and Rajahmundry on NH5
Conditions: Slight drizzle with partially wet road. Speed 40 KPH at most!
Driver: Me
Car: My Zen
Fortunately, I could continue on my journey to Vizag, spent a week there and then drove back to Bangalore. Got the repairs done after coming back home.
I am sometimes known as Buffalo soldier since by some of my friends
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1388.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1389.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1387.jpg  

Old 26th September 2010, 00:21   #6831
BHPian

!

Quote:
This came in today's paper. For the one who cant read: The car hit the speed breaker at high speed and eventually thrown off road by traveling in air at 40ft height finally landing in fishermen's temp hut.

One seriously injured and other multiple minor injuries as well.

2 engg. college Kids inside the car were bashed by mob and later arrested by cops.
Yet another high-fi kids rammed the car at innocent

BTW- Whats the car?

Yes took off like a jet 40 ft above the air and crashed on to innocent victims. And the holy angels wearing uniforms made their dough. Perhaps one should park their car along ECR to feel the love of our own upholders of justice!

Unless one is an eyewitness to incidents around this area, I would refrain from commenting on anything!
Old 26th September 2010, 13:20   #6832
BHPian

A lorry overturned in the Eastern Express Highway just at the beginning of Vile parle (airport) flyover. The lorry driver it seems was undecided whether to go over the flyover or go beside it. Instead he went on the ramp for a few meters overturned and see the mess - thanks it is a Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image048.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image049.jpg  

Old 29th September 2010, 18:08   #6833
Senior - BHPian

Presenting the mangled heap of what once was a Honda City ZX EXI.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00217.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00216.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00218.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00219.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00220.jpg  

Old 29th September 2010, 18:21   #6834
Senior - BHPian

^^ i hope no one was in that car

but looking at the car it doesn't look like a frontal impact, my guess it was t boned
Old 29th September 2010, 18:32   #6835
Senior - BHPian

Arre dada! That City seems to be sandwitched possibly between a truck and a wall or something. Gosh! It has converted into a sub compact. Any news on the occupants ?
Old 29th September 2010, 19:19   #6836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Presenting the mangled heap of what once was a Honda City ZX EXI.
This City was in the news a few days back. Apparently an AGM of some company was too high(on alcohol) to realise that he had parked is car bang in the middle of a railway track (got to it via a unmanned railway crossing). Luckily he stepped out in time to avoid being crushed by an oncoming train. Now he has been slapped with cases from Railway and Local police. This happened somewhere in NCR or was it Meerut? Am not sure. Cheers, Sid
Old 29th September 2010, 20:32   #6837
Senior - BHPian

That happened rithe in front of my home at kazhakoottam near technopark , the auto driver was drunk and driving very slow and the transit guy for hyundai was driving very rashly

The other bus foto was taken from the local news paper and that happened some were at thrissur
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc-2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc-3.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc-4.jpg  

Old 29th September 2010, 20:44   #6838
Senior - BHPian

^^ The Hyundai has taken quite a beating for an Auto. I hope it did not brush something else on the way.
Old 29th September 2010, 21:16   #6839
BHPian

Did the Hyundai hit some pedestrian too, cause the windshield seems to have caved in.
Old 29th September 2010, 21:30   #6840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Did the Hyundai hit some pedestrian too, cause the windshield seems to have caved in.
That was the passenger who was thrown out from the auto

Most Viewed