Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 21:37   #6886
Senior - BHPian

Here's the tata aria launch vehicle accident:
Truck carrying Tata Aria launch vehicles crashes!
Old 11th October 2010, 21:43   #6887
BHPian

Hi guys,

Saw this on recent road trip. No details available whatsoever.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-100_0438.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-100_0440.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-100_0441.jpg  

Old 11th October 2010, 22:58   #6888
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4500EFI View Post
This was the end result when my cousin took a nap while driving. Hit an electric post. The occupants are safe.
Sad to see that 4500EFI.Accidents happen, but this one as you say was due to your cousin having a sleep at the wheel which was avoidable.Perhaps he may have been driving for long and that was driver fatigue! Halts en route are a must to get rid of drowsiness.
We can say many things as to how to take precautions and so on, but such accidents happen no matter how careful one is? The circumstances leading to the sad events are best known to the driver and occupants.
Old 12th October 2010, 11:04   #6889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
that is hilarious! feel bad for the car though - for having a careless owner!

if the incline is not steep, putting the car in the 1st gear (if the incline is backwards - front facing the incline) or in the reverse gear (if the incline is forwards - back facing the incline) should hold the vehicle in its place. however, if the incline is too steep, i would recommend using the above technique in conjunction with the handbrake.

PS: in the last picture, the Ritz's butt looks ugly!
My Bro in law also showed me another trick: Lock your steering in full turn, either to the right or left, when parking on a steep incline. This way the chances of the car simply rolling forward or backward are reduced. Please note this must be a full right or full left turn.
Old 12th October 2010, 11:14   #6890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
My Bro in law also showed me another trick: Lock your steering in full turn, either to the right or left, when parking on a steep incline. This way the chances of the car simply rolling forward or backward are reduced. Please note this must be a full right or full left turn.
To add clarity to the above, the wheels are turned left or right depending on two factors
1. Direction of slope and
2. The nearest rigid obstacle in relation to the direction of the slope.

The idea is that if the vehicle manages to roll it should go in the direction of the rigid obstacle so as to come to a rest against the same and not roll completely down the slope or off the edge etc as the situation might be. The rigid obstacle could be a parapet, a wall, a crash barrier, even a rock face but definitely not another vehicle parked nearby.
Old 13th October 2010, 03:59   #6891
BHPian

Written Off Civic

On my way back from Dandiya (Navratri Celebrations) @ palace grounds we happened to see a badly mangled Civic. The accident would have taken place after 2:15 am. It was right opposite Le Meridian hotel. The car was heading towards Windsor Manor bridge and had rammed the tree and hit the fence of the golf course and was facing in the opposite direction (towards Chalukya) after it hit the tree. There was a constable and an inspector, when asked about the inmates .. He blankly said, such people should die. People at the site said that they are safe. Hoping they are. Pics in the morning.

Oh PS: The cops said that they did not have a towing vehicle so the car would remain there till morning . May be members travelling that side early might see it.
Old 14th October 2010, 10:41   #6892
BHPian

Saw this yesterday near Railway Lights (towards pkl). Alto was sandwiched between an Indica and a bus.

Dont know exactly what happened, but this what I think happened:
Black Indica was ahead of the pack, he suddenly braked and rammed into the railing. Alto was trailing the Indica and he couldn't brake in time and rammed into indica. There was bus behind alto, which further pushed him into the indica and mangled the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00311201010131424.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00314201010131639.jpg  

Old 15th October 2010, 11:06   #6893
Senior - BHPian

21 Killed in Accident in MP

21 people have been killed in a road accident in MP near Badwani. According to newspaper reports the Jeep was carrying 35 people when it collided with a tanker.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-jeep_accident.jpg
Picture Courtesy: Nai Dunia E-Newspaper

News Link 1: Detail
Link 2 : 21 ??????????? ?? ???? ???????? ??? ???, ?????? ???? ?? ??????? ??? ?? ??? - 21 pilgrims died in collision with a container at - www.b
Link 3 : 21 killed in MP road accident - The Times of India

Last edited by pjbiju : 15th October 2010 at 11:07.
Old 15th October 2010, 11:46   #6894
Senior - BHPian

21 in one jeep!!! That's a recipe for disaster already. Ignorance usually is :-(
Old 15th October 2010, 16:39   #6895
Senior - BHPian

A scorpio & a xylo seen at a mahindra A.S.S. The scorpio's cabin was intact but the Xylo's roof was touching the driver's headrest!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0488.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0489.jpg  

Last edited by raj_5004 : 15th October 2010 at 16:41.
Old 16th October 2010, 12:08   #6896
Senior - BHPian

Found yesterday on MC road (Mahindra pik-up)

Lots of brainless drivers drive at high speeds through this road without actually knowing their vehicle.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00553.jpg
Old 16th October 2010, 12:43   #6897
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this a couple of weeks back on MC Road (between Adoor and Kottarakkara) in Kerala. I crossed the spot a few minutes after the incident - but not sure what exactly happened. It was raining well a while before the picture was shot.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_3899.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_3900.jpg
Old 16th October 2010, 20:48   #6898
Senior - BHPian

Got this Polo Highline wreck from a friend. It was fitted with the OE sports kit too and was just a week old.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1-2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1-3.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1-4.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1-5.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1-6.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1-7.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1-8.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg  

Old 16th October 2010, 20:50   #6899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Found yesterday on MC road (Mahindra pik-up)

Lots of brainless drivers drive at high speeds through this road without actually knowing their vehicle.

Attachment 439545
In many parts of kerala, the mahindra pickups are used for carrying the liquor from place to place. These vehicles drive very fast, they don't even care for any other vehicles feelings.... So, while driving in kerala, if I (not me alone, many other people familiar to me also) see a mahindra pickup approaching from behind, I immediately give way to it to avoid issues. We used to feel that there may be some tubes put from the liquor barrels they carry to the driver cabin Many of this type of vehicles do not have the bumpers at all. even if they have, it will be in some hanging state.
Old 16th October 2010, 23:15   #6900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Got this Polo Highline wreck from a friend. It was fitted with the OE sports kit too and was just a week old.
Thats a total loss for sure. Will the owner will get a new car?. If so, how much lighter will his pocket be?.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks