Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 15:31   #6916
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Found yesterday on MC road (Mahindra pik-up)

Lots of brainless drivers drive at high speeds through this road without actually knowing their vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Spotted this a couple of weeks back on MC Road (between Adoor and Kottarakkara) in Kerala. I crossed the spot a few minutes after the incident - but not sure what exactly happened. It was raining well a while before the picture was shot.
Looks like the smooth surface of MC Road after the retarring makes people decide to rip on the road resulting in fatalities as mentioned above.
Old 19th October 2010, 16:48   #6917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
its a NHC, i spotted the car today morning, its still lying there!
by the time i could get to it, it was removed. i thought it was 2nd gen honda city fron the looks of the rear, though from above.

Quote:
yes, i do know, as i stay in hiranandani.
great, hello neighbour

Quote:
by the looks of it, the engine seems to have taken a beating.
yeah, it did look like it when we observed from the above in the daylight in the morning.
Old 19th October 2010, 18:00   #6918
BHPian

Horrific Accident on Palm Beach - 19102010 1500 hrs

Just to update all , there was a horrific accident on Palm Beach this afternoon near Bhoomi Raj Mall between the Sanpada signal and Nerul Signal.

A Ford Endeavour going towards Vashi cut the lanes dangerously from the center lane to the right lane. The cutting at high speeds was so bad that the Santro in the right lane got thrown across the divider onto the incoming traffic. The Ford Endeavour also crossed the divider and and ended up in the right lane of the oncoming traffic. A Hyundai Accent coming in that lane had a full blown head on collusion. The driver in the Accent died on the spot while among the passengers in the back seat, one person is dead and his wife is critical in the hospital. There were at least 4-5 other cars which also got hit in this.

The dead passenger, is my colleague - Sh.Sanjay Radkar who was a very high ranking official from the PM's office on deputation. He is survived by his wife and daughter who will be completing 5 years on 31 Oct. He was to be 49 years on Nov 15 and was one of the most humble people I have known.

Can't tell how deeply tragic this afternoon has been. Imagine an Accent driving at good speed in the right lane on Palm Beach Road, and has a head on with a truck like Endeavour. Its like ramming into a wall akin to those crash test dummy tests.

May the Lord rest his soul and please pray that the wife/mother survives and the 5 year is not orphaned . Thanks.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in this thread.

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th October 2010 at 18:14. Reason: posts moved
Old 19th October 2010, 18:04   #6919
BHPian

May the souls rest in peace.
Old 19th October 2010, 18:12   #6920
Senior - BHPian

The Endeavour should've belonged to some spoilt one with deep pockets!!! Moron, not only he caused a grief to himself, but also to others. I'm very sad hearing this incident & feel sorry for your friend @longford.

May God bless his soul to rest in peace & pray the Mother of child recovers to complete health & God give courage to face the situation & be with her to raise the child.

I'm deeply affected hearing such incidents. Sorry!!!
Old 19th October 2010, 18:13   #6921
Senior - BHPian

This is very sad to hear. Another case of death due to no fault of his own. My condolances to the affected family members. May Allah give them the courage through these tough times.
Old 19th October 2010, 18:16   #6922
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear about this gruesome accident and the loss of lives. May they RIP.

I hope those injured recover completely at the earliest.

Heartfelt condolences to the family of those who passed away.
Old 19th October 2010, 18:21   #6923
BHPian

Longford:

Very sad to hear the loss of life for someone else's mistake. May his soul rest in peace and may his wife recover soon. May God make the 5-year old strong enough to withstand all this.

What happened to the people in Endy and Santro?
Old 19th October 2010, 20:36   #6924
BHPian

A Couple carrying their dead son for crematorium in their native village met with a accident after the ambulance rammed the rear end of a parked truck. As per reports, the driver dozed off at the wheel leading to the accident. Husband is in critical condition.

The driver survived. Wife, Driver Aide, and one relative of the Couple died in the accident.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ambulance.jpg  

Old 19th October 2010, 20:43   #6925
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longford View Post
Just to update all , there was a horrific accident on Palm Beach this afternoon near Bhoomi Raj Mall between the Sanpada signal and Nerul Signal.

A Ford Endeavour going towards Vashi cut the lanes dangerously from the center lane to the right lane. The cutting at high speeds was so bad that the Santro in the right lane got thrown across the divider onto the incoming traffic. The Ford Endeavour also crossed the divider and and ended up in the right lane of the oncoming traffic. A Hyundai Accent coming in that lane had a full blown head on collusion. The driver in the Accent died on the spot while among the passengers in the back seat, one person is dead and his wife is critical in the hospital. There were at least 4-5 other cars which also got hit in this.

The dead passenger, is my colleague - Sh.Sanjay Radkar who was a very high ranking official from the PM's office on deputation. He is survived by his wife and daughter who will be completing 5 years on 31 Oct. He was to be 49 years on Nov 15 and was one of the most humble people I have known.

Can't tell how deeply tragic this afternoon has been. Imagine an Accent driving at good speed in the right lane on Palm Beach Road, and has a head on with a truck like Endeavour. Its like ramming into a wall akin to those crash test dummy tests.

May the Lord rest his soul and please pray that the wife/mother survives and the 5 year is not orphaned . Thanks.
Very sad to read that incident. May the souls of the departed RIP. The child and its mother need to live a good life now after the mother's recovery.
I used to commute on this road all the way from Mira Road via the Thane toll tax post to Thane and beyond upto Panvel on a Mahindra Commander about 5 years back. The highway is full of monsters like the trucks and BEST/other buses who cut lanes and try to squeeze you between two heavy vehicles.Its only providence that nothing very serious happens with thousands of smaller cars and two wheelers moving between these monsters.
The Endeavour/Accent accident nevertheless unfortunate, is one that has involved lighter motor vehicles but has proved very tragic.
Old 19th October 2010, 20:45   #6926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
... met with a accident after the ambulance rammed the rear end of a parked truck...
I agree that the driver should be more careful. but I keep seeing this type of incident in the rise. This is 2nd or 3rd news within 2 days.

Why don't these "parked lorries" park it in the "truck lay byes"

It really becomes a big challenge for the drivers especially in pitch dark nights.
Old 19th October 2010, 21:08   #6927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Longford:

Very sad to hear the loss of life for someone else's mistake. May his soul rest in peace and may his wife recover soon. May God make the 5-year old strong enough to withstand all this.

What happened to the people in Endy and Santro?
I could not go to the site, but my colleague did go there. He took pics. the sight was gruesome. the left side corner (driver corner) was like completely smashed. The Ford has a smash but not so severe on the front passenger side. The firefighters had to cut open to get out the mangled remains of the poor driver who hit death on the spot.

The santro after being edged by the Ford, crossed over and landed in the center lane, while the Ford also crossed over and nosed in the right lane.

Details of the other victims are still sketchy at the moment. There is a ton of government officials at the hospital and no real update on the other admittees. Word has it the Santro guys may have escaped injury while someone in the Ford was hurt too but not too grave.
Old 19th October 2010, 21:11   #6928
Senior - BHPian

@Longford Very sad to hear that, may his soul RIP.

@Sarvodaya That is one very tragic accident, i remember a accident i came across in Nepal, where a Toyota LC70 Ambulance carrying a very critical patient and his relatives, fell into gorge.Unfortunately all were dead except the patient.
Old 19th October 2010, 21:12   #6929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longford View Post
The cutting at high speeds was so bad that the Santro in the right lane got thrown across the divider onto the incoming traffic.
My condolences with the Radkar family.Is there a newspaper/online media link available for this accident? Is anyone aware of what happened to the Santro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
A Couple carrying their dead son for crematorium in their native village met with a accident after the ambulance rammed the rear end of a parked truck. As per reports, the driver dozed off at the wheel leading to the accident. Husband is in critical condition.

The driver survived. Wife, Driver Aide, and one relative of the Couple died in the accident.
The driver to falls asleep at the wheel with the driver aide alongside,who must have also been sleeping.Both of them?

Heart-wrenching for the family.Very disturbing what they must be going through.

Last edited by Recompose : 19th October 2010 at 21:20. Reason: Adding another line.
Old 19th October 2010, 22:17   #6930
BHPian

Very sad to hear this! We take this road quite often while going to Pune and we see so many cars at high speed in this road!

May the soul rest in peace! Quite disturbed by the news.

Most Viewed