Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2011, 22:06   #7321
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Saw this huge truck sleeping sideways on GT road in my city, did not had time to inquire what happened but looks like a case of overloading + tyre bursting

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-0118_121412.jpg
Old 19th January 2011, 10:38   #7322
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Me thinks it was caused by some sudden maneuver with an overload of sacks, because the tyres do not seem to have had a burst. However, they're nearing their time for decommisisioning
Old 19th January 2011, 17:59   #7323
BHPian

I happen to pass from the same road today and asked one shopkeeper, he told that the truck climbed the divider and then this happened.
Old 19th January 2011, 18:05   #7324
BHPian

One of dad's ex-colleagues met with a bike accident and was brain dead at the time of admission. Happened on Friday and he died yesterday. People still don't understand why helmets are important
Old 19th January 2011, 18:36   #7325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
One of dad's ex-colleagues met with a bike accident and was brain dead at the time of admission. Happened on Friday and he died yesterday. People still don't understand why helmets are important
sorry hear that mate. may his soul rest in peace.

many years back i never used to wear the helmet while riding my bike. in early 2004 (i think) they imposed the helmet rule in Bangalore and i started wearing one just so i don't get caught by the police.

one day, August 17th 2004, i was heading to my office in Diamond District via back lanes of Kodihalli (one had to take a u-turn in front of Manipal hospital) and as i was passing by a construction site i suddenly saw a plastic wire pulled across the road.

i was coming fast and saw the wire maybe 2secs before impact. tried to skid the bike, but the wire grazed my neck anyway. after impact i fell on the construction metal dumped on the side. the impact was hard - but that day i was wearing the helmet!

it seems the workers at the site were checking something and had for that reason pulled the wire across the road. i was injured badly, but with whatever strength i had left, screamed at the workers, picked up the bike and went to office. taking stock i found i had injuries in my neck (a gash was there where the wire had made contact), my arms and my knees.

ever since, if i take my bike out, even before i put the key in the ignition, i wear my helmet and secure it with the strap. i don't even let my wife sit on the bike unless she's wearing her helmet (which sometimes makes her angry and she forces me to take out the car).

folks - earnest advice: your family needs you. wear protective gear and ride safe.
Old 19th January 2011, 19:05   #7326
BANNED

Hey guys,
I was driving in juhu today and an aggressive and over-speeding Getz driver banged his car in a tree.
Here is a picture of the car. No one got hurt, but the car surely did.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00015201006291828.jpg  

Old 19th January 2011, 23:35   #7327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
Burnt Car on Santacruz Flyover

Well I saw a well charred Honda City on the Santa cruz fly over yesterday. Had the whole traffic blocked for a few Kms with both the ambulance and fire brigade working over time. Hope no one was injured.

Sorry could not take pics was driving.
yes i saw the same next morning, it was a city zx
Old 20th January 2011, 21:18   #7328
Senior - BHPian

Another huge crash in the region after Wagon R thing happened some time back. Sumo people were headed for Surat to attend relatives funeral, but destiny had something else in store for them. Sumo went in a parked trailer carrying iron rods or something similar.7 people were members of the same family, May all RIP.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sumoacc.jpg  

Old 21st January 2011, 00:16   #7329
Senior - BHPian

Saw an Indica rear ended by a Swift late this afternoon on the Poona Bombay express way just before the Toll at Poona end. The Indica's rear had all but disappeared and Swift's engine bay was also a mangled heap. Looked like an overtaking gone bad. No photos as I was driving.

@Prateek sorry to hear about your dad's friend.
Old 21st January 2011, 00:21   #7330
Senior - BHPian

Too bad for the Getz guy. When i first saw the pic, it looked like a really huge bird, decided to drop something his way ;-)

Did he bang his car into a branch. As there is not much visible damage to the bottom of the car.
Old 21st January 2011, 17:16   #7331
Distinguished - BHPian

just happened, ouside my office.
Welcome to the jungle!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-untitled.jpg  

Old 21st January 2011, 21:33   #7332
Senior - BHPian

Reminds me of an accident i saw this morning

Was crossing koramangala innner ring road, and on the opposite side in front of the Dell office area, suddenly there was a sound. Saw a new White Beat in the middle of the road, a bike in front, not sure if the guy was hit. But behind the Beat, an Innova had crashed into it and the Innova was badly smashed. Was driving and could not see the extent of damage to the beat, but considering the damage the innova had, can expect simialr bad damage to the white beat

It seems the guy that helps people cross the road, suddenly came in front and tried to halt the cars. Not sure but saw the beat guy blasting the traffic attendant, and he was in the middle of the road, looking guffawed
Old 21st January 2011, 22:03   #7333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
just happened, ouside my office.
Welcome to the jungle!
Oops looks like someone misjudged the divider or did it hit some other car or thing? Was this in the night ? Any news of any injuries or anything like that ?

Last edited by prince_pervez : 21st January 2011 at 22:04.
Old 21st January 2011, 22:10   #7334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Oops looks like someone misjudged the divider or did it hit some other car or thing? Was this in the night ? Any news of any injuries or anything like that ?
nope,broad daylight!!
got mangled by a 1.5 ton truck, who happily pushed off.....and there's a traffic post 5 metres from this spot,imagine!

no injuries whatsoever....was quite slow cos he was turning, apparently.
Old 21st January 2011, 22:23   #7335
Senior - BHPian

Came across an accident causing act by an idiot who has unloaded construction material on the road and is lying there for 2 days. The material is dumped close to a 90 degree blind bend which is definitely dangerous. These type of people have to be prosecuted.The road has been resurfaced recently as part of KSTP (Kerala State Transportation project) and is very good to drive if you stick to the left which no one ever does. The bikers usually rides precariously close to the white line.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-21012011106.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 21st January 2011 at 22:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks