Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

spotted some crashed skodas
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo2038.jpg  

Old 8th February 2011, 13:37   #7412
Senior - BHPian

The infamous Private Bus Race of Kerala.
A close-call, a real close one at that. After 00:42s.

Last edited by Scorcher : 8th February 2011 at 13:40.
Old 8th February 2011, 13:59   #7413
BHPian

Man that was real close. That guy on the bike is real lucky not to have got squished under the bus.
Old 8th February 2011, 14:00   #7414
Senior - BHPian

Today, while coming to office, on the ByPass road, saw two accidents.
One right in front of DSK Toyota where one Tata Magic (or something like that) had turned turtle. A few people had gathered around trying to get it back on road.

The second one was below the Sus road overbridge, where one truck fell off the bridge, breaking the barrier and falling on to the side of the road. Luckily it fell in the ditch. Had it fallen on the road itself? I shudder to think what may have happened.

Pretty bad i tell you.
Unfortunately no pics, as i wasnt carrying a camera and was running late for a meeting.
Old 8th February 2011, 14:00   #7415
Senior - BHPian

That's scary, man. Thank God these morons behind wheels don't get to lay their hands on Volvos and Mercs with powerful hearts and hi-tech electronics on board.
Old 8th February 2011, 14:33   #7416
BHPian

Witnessed an accident last Saturday. I was returning from Kanpur and on the outskirts of the city, on NH2, which incidentally is a pleasure to drive except for the Magic/Ace being used as means of public transport to afterlife..

I was doing comfortable 50+ since the stretch was a bit congested with lorries on my side of 4 laned road with wide central median. Suddenly, I realized on the oncomning right lane, there was this white colored Maruti van, the right passneger door of which is being kissed by the left corner of a laden lorry. It seemed all was happening in slow-mo.. And before I could say OMG, van was at the mercy of lorry, being pushed along sideways till the lorry came to a standstill!!

Parked my car at a safe spot and walked back to the accident site. Entire right side of the van had completely caved in but no injuries to anyone since the only occupants of van were in the front seats. Apparently, van had overtaken lorry from left but swerved into the right lane a bit too soon
Old 8th February 2011, 14:56   #7417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
OMG! that was such a close call. Looks like a scene from the movie 'Speed'. When will they ever learn
Old 8th February 2011, 15:00   #7418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's amazing: the guy on the bike doesn't even move! Maybe so engrossed in a phone call (or something) he didn't even realise it had happened?
Old 8th February 2011, 15:05   #7419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_86 View Post
Man that was real close. That guy on the bike is real lucky not to have got squished under the bus.
The bike guy is lucky but a stupid moron that he is, stopping right on a curve, blissfully toying with something. Watch it again. The guy was talking to another guy and even after the other person left he is still there, God knows doing what. Had the bus driver not done the skillful sharp sudden turn (resulting in drifting, yet controlled well) at the last second, the biker would be in heaven. I give kudos to the bus driver this time, for a change.
And we have tons of such morons ignorant of the danger of stopping on the road, wherever they want and expect others to 'look and drive'.!

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 8th February 2011 at 15:09.
Old 8th February 2011, 15:12   #7420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
he didn't even realise it had happened?
Quite likely, he was on the other side and would not have seen tires leaving the ground.

And buses zooming with a few inches gap is to be expected.
Old 8th February 2011, 15:43   #7421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
The bike guy is lucky but a stupid moron that he is, stopping right on a curve, blissfully toying with something. Watch it again. The guy was talking to another guy and even after the other person left he is still there, God knows doing what. Had the bus driver not done the skillful sharp sudden turn (resulting in drifting, yet controlled well) at the last second, the biker would be in heaven. I give kudos to the bus driver this time, for a change.
And we have tons of such morons ignorant of the danger of stopping on the road, wherever they want and expect others to 'look and drive'.!
I beg to differ. The guy on the bike was on the road but was on extreme left. He could have gone a bit more but in India I will consider that quite good. The bus driver was totally over-speeding for the type of vehicle he was driving. This doesn't appear to be a blind curve that he didn't see the bike that he had to do that dangerous maneuvere. The bus driver was on the limit that's why the drift and hence driving dangerously.
Old 8th February 2011, 15:49   #7422
Senior - BHPian

^^ My point is, if the man wasn't there, the bus driver would have made the turn without drifting. He made the last second extra turn of his wheel, just to avoid the man on the road. Yes, he has been driving dangerously, same way as every other bus that was on that video and he became exception only because of of the biker.
Old 8th February 2011, 16:01   #7423
Senior - BHPian

Why can't the authorities paint the roads? It would be much easier for the drivers to spot such dumbo bikers when the white paint on the edge of the road has a break in between. Seems like the bus driver knows the road well (such as, how much the road curves), so he has taken the liberty to overspeed. But this time, he unexpectedly came across this biker.

Last edited by rohanjf : 8th February 2011 at 16:03.
Old 8th February 2011, 16:15   #7424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the private bus drivers in Kerala, specially in Thrissur, will put the BMTC drivers to shame! these guys are direct descendants of Michael Schumacher (or at least they think they are)! you should see how these guys drive on the Thrissur - Kunnamkulam route! they race each other to grab commuters and some times dangerously so. i used to go to school on that route and almost everyday we get to see an accident because of the rash drivers! once even our school bus ended up in the paddy fields!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
All i can say is "Holy S***".
you can say that again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
That's scary, man. Thank God these morons behind wheels don't get to lay their hands on Volvos and Mercs with powerful hearts and hi-tech electronics on board.
if that ever happens, i'm getting myself a Hummer H1!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 8th February 2011 at 16:16.
Old 8th February 2011, 16:19   #7425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
I beg to differ. The guy on the bike was on the road but was on extreme left. He could have gone a bit more but in India I will consider that quite good. The bus driver was totally over-speeding for the type of vehicle he was driving. This doesn't appear to be a blind curve that he didn't see the bike that he had to do that dangerous maneuvere. The bus driver was on the limit that's why the drift and hence driving dangerously.
+1 to that. The biker is not even in the frame / edge of the tarmac when the bus swerved. But, if you notice at 0.20 secs of the clip, the biker is at the edge of the tarmac and an yellow bus also swerves dangerously and maybe the right rear tyres were off the road for a few micro seconds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks