Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2011, 11:16   #7606
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Hi
Seems like people are always in a eternal hurry in highways too, was going on the ECR stretch and a gang of blokes overtook and boy were they in a hurry and after a mere 30 mins, could see the same car lying toppled with the bonnet gone ahead by 100 metres and was really sad to see a one of them with life weaning out. did all the best i could and even the ambulance reached in super time but could save only 4 out of the 5 people. Hope that people slow down and take it easy on the highway
Can't agree with you more on this Dieseldunk. I have spent some considerable time on the highways in India and Europe, thanks to the nature of my work, when I started my career, and my passion for Road trips. What I have found in all these years of highway driving is, the worst type of race on a highway is the race with time. No matter what car you are in, if you are racing with time, the law of averages would catch you one day and you would be on the suffering end.

Moral of the story, enjoy the drive, listen to some good music, stop for a chai / parantha there lies the real joy of driving, and not being a "street hawk"

Last edited by evilshantanu : 4th March 2011 at 11:17.
Old 4th March 2011, 11:44   #7607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Now we knw how ritz was designed!!!!
Off Topic:

you got it wrong bro! how Ritz was designed is mentioned in the Rajnikanth thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
anyways, I hope the rear passengers if any in the indica are okay.
On Topic:

i don't think there were passengers in the IndiCab, at least none that i saw.
Old 4th March 2011, 12:49   #7608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Can't agree with you more on this Dieseldunk. I have spent some considerable time on the highways in India and Europe, thanks to the nature of my work, when I started my career, and my passion for Road trips. What I have found in all these years of highway driving is, the worst type of race on a highway is the race with time. No matter what car you are in, if you are racing with time, the law of averages would catch you one day and you would be on the suffering end.

Moral of the story, enjoy the drive, listen to some good music, stop for a chai / parantha there lies the real joy of driving, and not being a "street hawk"
Well said. I always quote this to my friends. Probability of an accident increases with bad driving habits. You may be lucky for a while, but it will definitely hurt you one day, especially when you don't expect it. It is not just the speed, but an unsafe speed also increases the damage in case you make a mistake.
Old 4th March 2011, 22:02   #7609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Found a pic of this crashed A4 on my friend's facebook profile

Attachment 510427

the Audi seems to have impacted at the drivers side, the dent on bonnet has curvature of wheel arch. and the side fender also went slightly under the body.

Also the front impact would have sent the axle back not rotated it as on initial view as it looks like a mid position impact on truck where as the bumper has bent from the wheel and not from front collision. the lights are intact which are not at much height.

But no doubt this is a strong vehicle.
Old 6th March 2011, 09:02   #7610
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Saw two accident.

1. 1st near munirka, esteem hit swift from back. Swift suddenly slowed down. esteem as in high speed. Driver injured badly.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-06032011294.jpg

2. Low floor bus on pull down 2 trees. Front was gone completely. Near RK puram sector 8, just oppsite KV school.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-06032011295.jpg

Last edited by v&v : 6th March 2011 at 09:04.
Old 6th March 2011, 09:50   #7611
BHPian

This accident happened day before yesterday. According to reports the driver was driving the car at a very high speed. He suddenly collided with a cement pillar. Then the car somersaulted 3 times and landed in between the railings. Their were 4 persons inside the car. One died and 2 are critically injured. 1 survived the crash. Liquor bottles were also found inside the car.

After the collision engine flew and landed on the divider that you can see in the last picture. The cement pillar was broken into two pieces. Here are the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0086.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0087.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 6th March 2011, 10:08   #7612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
This accident happened day before yesterday. According to reports the driver was driving the car at a very high speed. He suddenly collided with a cement pillar. Then the car somersaulted 3 times and landed in between the railings. Their were 4 persons inside the car. One died and 2 are critically injured. 1 survived the crash. Liquor bottles were also found inside the car.

After the collision engine flew and landed on the divider that you can see in the last picture. The cement pillar was broken into two pieces. Here are the pictures.
holy mother of God!!! that is a some serious impact! i mean, the engine has been ripped out clean!! were any pedestrians injured?

pity the car; poor thing, what a way to end! i hate people who don't respect their rides and care for it!
Old 6th March 2011, 10:11   #7613
Senior - BHPian

OMG i think this is a very horrible accident which resulted the engine to flew away from the car. From the pics it seems this happened near the UP Tourism building.
PS: IMO this is the first Lucknow accident reported in this thread.
Old 6th March 2011, 10:21   #7614
BHPian

IronH4WK luckily no one was injured.

@Samsag. it happened near fun republic opposite RBI
Old 7th March 2011, 12:15   #7615
BHPian

Another Swift :(

Link: Oheraldo Goa's complete online news edition :: Woman-crushed-to-death-at-Miramar
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident.jpg  

Last edited by anshurao : 7th March 2011 at 12:35.
Old 7th March 2011, 12:30   #7616
Distinguished - BHPian

One more possible drunnken driving incident

Just looking at one of the front wheels broken, I can imagine the speed at which the accident might have happened.
How can an alloy break like this!!!
Unfortunately, for no fault of her, a life has been lost.
Old 7th March 2011, 12:46   #7617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That engine block takes the cake. I mean what an insane impact it would have been!! Engine block flew off!!

Have to give it to the safety of car that one person survived. Otherwise with forces like this involved, Its a Goodbye cruel world.
Old 7th March 2011, 13:34   #7618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Looks the rear set of tyres dont have any traction at all... or it could that it lost on hard braking..
Old 7th March 2011, 14:30   #7619
Senior - BHPian

All this is so appalling . I have been following the thread but never have posted here.
I feel sad and disgusted for all those people who buy the car with their money, do it up with alloys and what not and then they blow it up like this out of sheer foolishness. Not only that, in moment of madness, not only they kill themselves, but also somebody who totally doesn't deserve to be under their wheels.
Lives lost for no reason. :(
Old 7th March 2011, 15:30   #7620
BHPian

Quote:
HappyRoadie,
Do you know which car it was? Looks like a Skoda Fabia to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Have to give it to the safety of car that one person survived. Otherwise with forces like this involved, Its a Goodbye cruel world.
If it was a Fabia, then have to agree with the build quality that Skoda makes.

Most Viewed