Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2011, 11:51   #7756
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

^^ These Volvos are driven like a two wheeler. I have seen them squeezing in and passing by with just 8 cms of gap between my car and the bus. I do agree that these drivers are very skilled but this is one show of skill I can do without.
Old 25th March 2011, 11:52   #7757
Senior - BHPian

there were two Siemens buses blocking traffic on the Hosur road just after the Silkboard flyover. i think one of them had a flat tyre; don't know if the other one was a backup or these two had bumped into each other.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc01433.jpg
Old 25th March 2011, 12:06   #7758
Distinguished - BHPian

@IRONH4WK
What time did you click this? I took the BETL at 09:20
At that time there was only one bus with its front left tyre flat. Seemed like a case of tyre burst to me.
There were nobody inside the bus. I think the other bus you saw was indeed a backup and had taken the employees.
Old 25th March 2011, 12:15   #7759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
@IRONH4WK
What time did you click this? I took the BETL at 09:20
At that time there was only one bus with its front left tyre flat. Seemed like a case of tyre burst to me.
There were nobody inside the bus. I think the other bus you saw was indeed a backup and had taken the employees.
picture taken at 10:49am. the front left tyre had burst i guess and travelled a bit with the flat. there were marks on the road IIRC.
Old 25th March 2011, 12:30   #7760

This was an accident happened on NH43. Very near to Jagdalpur.
The cause of this accident could be sleeping driver. The cabin of the truck was smashed by the tree.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_7299.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_brullen View Post
Hey,
Came across a funny accident in my colony just few days back.
super poor quality of image is regretted. The commercial auto (red coloured) stood up on its rear two wheels.
This is the picture of my previous post quoted above. the picture was not opening.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo018.jpg
Old 25th March 2011, 13:57   #7761
BHPian

On 17th march I was at 4 Bungalows Andheri just opposite Kamdhenu when i saw a Blue Ford Ikon burning. A lot of crowd had gathered there and BEST buses were also standing on the middle of the road. It was too crowded and the fire brigade arrived after 30 minutes or so. The fire was extinguished within 2 minutes and all occupants were safe.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-17032011681.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-17032011682.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-17032011684.jpg  

Old 25th March 2011, 14:39   #7762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_brullen View Post
This was an accident happened on NH43. Very near to Jagdalpur.
The cause of this accident could be sleeping driver. The cabin of the truck was smashed by the tree.

Attachment 522866

This is the picture of my previous post quoted above. the picture was not opening.

Attachment 522867
That's funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
On 17th march I was at 4 Bungalows Andheri just opposite Kamdhenu when i saw a Blue Ford Ikon burning. A lot of crowd had gathered there and BEST buses were also standing on the middle of the road. It was too crowded and the fire brigade arrived after 30 minutes or so. The fire was extinguished within 2 minutes and all occupants were safe.
That's scary
Old 28th March 2011, 08:37   #7763
Senior - BHPian

Another Airport return case. A father and relative were returning after seeing off his daughter who was going to Muscat. Needless to say, both of them died.

An year ago, a couple (who were our neighborers), died in a car accident when they were returning from airport after seeing off their daughter.

Return from airports are too accident prone, I don't know the exact reason - may be it is a too relaxed drive getting mixed with sleep deprivation. There are numerous cases like this. Anyone who ever does this be extra cautious.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag02261_edit0.jpg
Picture from today's newspaper.

Last edited by clevermax : 28th March 2011 at 08:40.
Old 28th March 2011, 09:00   #7764
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Shot this yesterday at around 5.30 pm on Nelson mandela road (Vasant Kunj) just after the Mall entry.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-27032011373.jpg
Old 28th March 2011, 10:02   #7765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Shot this yesterday at around 5.30 pm on Nelson mandela road (Vasant Kunj) just after the Mall entry.
Hell, I have seen people do insane speeds at this place. Probably the result of same. Sad to see outy in such a shape. Looks like he didnt have the car in AWD mode or he lately saw a video of 5 Guinness World records that Outy and Outy sport made (best AWDs etc) .
Old 28th March 2011, 10:18   #7766
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Hell, I have seen people do insane speeds at this place. Probably the result of same. Sad to see outy in such a shape. Looks like he didnt have the car in AWD mode or he lately saw a video of 5 Guinness World records that Outy and Outy sport made (best AWDs etc) .
, people get tempted to do high speed drive this stretch. Just at the bend , the road to is little uneven and at high speed it bit dangerous there. This guy might be at very high speed and simple hit the divider and toppled.

Last edited by v&v : 28th March 2011 at 10:19.
Old 28th March 2011, 10:38   #7767
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
, people get tempted to do high speed drive this stretch. Just at the bend , the road to is little uneven and at high speed it bit dangerous there. This guy might be at very high speed and simple hit the divider and toppled.
when empty, this the most fun road to drive on.
Just be sober, and legally qualified to drive .unlike a lot of louts i have seen on this road.
Also, be very very wary of the radar gun equipped cops on the mall side of the road.
Old 28th March 2011, 10:40   #7768
BHPian

Country that uses maximum amount of HORNS has maximum number of accidents. Almost funny.
Old 28th March 2011, 12:49   #7769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Country that uses maximum amount of HORNS has maximum number of accidents. Almost funny.
That's because those who honk, do so because they don't want to slow down, and assume that the others will give them way after hearing their honks. They fail to consider that the other drivers may be driving by the rules of maximum speed limit, village limit, or to give way to oncoming traffic; or arrogant (who don't like to be overtaken), busy talking on cell phones, or listening to loud music, or dozing off. So, accidents happen!

-------------
There was an accident near my house in Sompura village on Sarjapur Road. I happened to pass by only a few minutes later. The accident involved an Ashok Leyland truck, an Indica and a pink coloured scooter. The two-wheeler guy's state seemed sad, with no body movement. He was made to sit upright on the road, supported by some guy's shin.

The car and the truck were in the same direction, but the skid marks showed that the car had spun 180 degrees after impact. The two-wheeler guy was not wearing a helmet. In fact, no one around there wears helmet (except me). The villagers think that the highway is just another village road.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-clipboard01.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-clipboard02.jpg  

Last edited by rohanjf : 28th March 2011 at 13:16. Reason: rearranging the topics
Old 28th March 2011, 13:05   #7770
BHPian

This guy picked out the cement pole out of an entire wide stretch of road There was another accident where a guy driving home drunk hit a 'ashok' tree and managed to flatten it,that car too was a write off with both occupants escaping with slight injuries on account of airbags/build quality. Shudder to think what could've happened if these morons were to bang into those tata ace / winger vehicles that have people squeezed into them.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pk-1.jpg  

Most Viewed