Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2011, 17:42   #7801
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
That Dzire,is in a real bad shape,i pray that there were no fatalities.
i dont know why but i am feeling really strange\bad,looking at the speedo pic,needle stuck at 130,RPM at 3K+ fuel gauge full and temp normal,it looks like the car is moving,but see what a state it is in.

Recently a guy lost his life in chandigarh,in a swift,and speedo needle was found stuck at 150

This was definitely at a higher speed than the speedo 130.All swifts with those skinny 165 tires are an open invitation for disaster in the hands of a fast and foolish driver.

There is no way that the occupants would have survived this accident !
Old 31st March 2011, 19:49   #7802
BHPian

I believe the Dezire has turned turtle for some unknown reason and unluckily ended up with its front left in between the gap in the gutter. Since the car was having good velocity and the front end stuck in the gap, the weight from the back of the car has resulted in a bent chassis.

The line on the left hand side of the bonnet seems to be from the edge of the gutter like the one I have circled.

The reason for the car to turn turtle can be as simple as a tyre burst, which could be very dangerous at high speeds or a small flick to change lanes in those skinny tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-19032011631custom.jpg  

Old 31st March 2011, 20:07   #7803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
,Hitanshu bhai,What do you think,after such an impact,would the needle be stuck at the Exact RPM the engine was running at the time of crash???
Yes, that is it. After such a mishap, nothing is going to be matching since all the internals would have burst in a moment.
Old 31st March 2011, 22:25   #7804
Senior - BHPian

Saw this Ford Feista on Pune Mumbai Express way totally burnt with only metal that too only Mild Steel skelton remained, engine alluminium too got melted down
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image189.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image192.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image193.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image197.jpg  

Old 31st March 2011, 23:14   #7805
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathgowda View Post
I believe the Dezire has turned turtle for some unknown reason and unluckily ended up with its front left in between the gap in the gutter. Since the car was having good velocity and the front end stuck in the gap, the weight from the back of the car has resulted in a bent chassis.

The line on the left hand side of the bonnet seems to be from the edge of the gutter like the one I have circled.

The reason for the car to turn turtle can be as simple as a tyre burst, which could be very dangerous at high speeds or a small flick to change lanes in those skinny tyres.
I think such total write offs should be displayed near the showrooms / colleges with the details of the accidents to give a small shock to the prospective buyers / passer by's - to remind all of them about the need of save driving and what each car is supposed to do within limits. Such a sight sure will inject some thoughts into the minds of people who would want to rip their car later. And even if 10% of people change because of this, we could still consider this as a win.

I had read about the police towing an accidental car around some city to bring awareness.
Old 31st March 2011, 23:20   #7806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Saw this Ford Feista on Pune Mumbai Express way totally burnt with only metal that too only Mild Steel skelton remained, engine alluminium too got melted down
there was a significant impact, that's for sure. don't know if the fire was result of that impact! the Fiesta is completely burnt!
Old 31st March 2011, 23:40   #7807
Senior - BHPian

Mangled up Fortuner at TKML body shop.
No details on how the accident occurred.
Air Bags did not deploy.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-09032011098-medium.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-09032011099-medium.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-09032011100-medium.jpg  

Old 31st March 2011, 23:54   #7808
BHPian

From todays TOI::

2 students die in road accident in W Delhi

New Delhi: Two cricket enthusiasts from Delhi Technological University met a tragic end on Tuesday in an accident on the Britannia flyover near Punjabi Bagh. Two of their batchmates, who were accompanying them with the intention of buying tickets at a multiplex in the Saket area to watch the India-Pakistan World Cup semifinal match
live on Wednesday, were fighting for their lives in two different hospitals in the city. All four were first-year students.
The deceased have been identified as Kishlay Singh, a student of automobile engineering, and Saurya Sethi, a student of environmental engineering. The incident was reported at 5.31pm on Tuesday. Such was the impact of the accident that police had to use gas cutters to rescue the victims and send them to the hospital. Saraswati Vihar police, who are probing the accident, claimed Kishlay died on the spot while Saurya was declared dead at the Maharaja Aggrasen Hospital.
According to the police, five students – Sushant, Abhishek and Abhimanyu along with Kishlay and Saurya – were travelling to towards Patel Nagar in a white Swift car. The ownership of this car is yet to be ascertained. “The car was speeding and it had reached on top of the flyover when the driver tried to overtake another car through a narrow gap. The driver though lost control on the car. As a result, the car toppled and rammed the metallic central verge. The front portion of the car jutted back towards its rear seat. As a result, both the deceased who were seating at the back was squashed,” said the investigating officer.
The police said that three PCR vans responded to the PCR call and the victims were rushed to Maharaja Aggrasen Hospital. Subsequently, Sushant was shifted to Max Hospital by his relatives while Abhishek was being treated at Maharaja Agrasen Hospital. Abhimanyu, though, escaped with minor injuries. “There was no alcohol in the blood of the victims. We are not sure who was driving the car as we are yet to record the statements of any of the victims,” said the investigating officer. While the car (DL 93Y 7734) has been impounded, a case of death due to rash and negligent driving has been registered at the Saraswati Vihar police station. The officer said that Kishlay was a resident of the Khan Market area and his father is an I-T commissioner posted in Delhi.

Apart from this,
Why would someone want to get that Fortuner repaired? Looks like a write off.
Its like it got T-boned and rear ended at the same time. In the first picture I cant see anything behind the rear glass. It looks like a Tucson.

@swiftandfurious: I doubt the janta will see the motive there. They will just blame the guys stars whose car was totaled or blame it on rash driving or on liquor. You think the warning and photos on the cigarette cartons made any impact?
Old 1st April 2011, 00:09   #7809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think such total write offs should be displayed near the showrooms / colleges with the details of the accidents to give a small shock to the prospective buyers / passer by's - to remind all of them about the need of save driving and what each car is supposed to do within limits. Such a sight sure will inject some thoughts into the minds of people who would want to rip their car later. And even if 10% of people change because of this, we could still consider this as a win.
I second that. Rather I would favour framing these incidents into some Ad campaign and placing on huge billboards besides the freeway for people to notice.
Old 1st April 2011, 00:13   #7810
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
@swiftandfurious: I doubt the janta will see the motive there. They will just blame the guys stars whose car was totaled or blame it on rash driving or on liquor. You think the warning and photos on the cigarette cartons made any impact?
So that's why I said, we should have the details of the accident as well provided so that people could read it. And I agree with you on the warnings on cigarette packs & liquor - but visuals will have a better impact is what I guess. Had they given the visual of a damaged heart / organ on the pack instead of a statement, it might have had better impact.

At least I always believe that my rash/speed driving should not cause a problem for some one else on the road - one video / PPT which shows the accident caused by a drunken teenager abroad which ended up the victim [ a teenage girl] to spend the rest of the life to be looked after by her parents have disturbed me a lot and made me think a lot.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st April 2011 at 00:19.
Old 1st April 2011, 09:40   #7811
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for going OT. BMW Z4? But the tail light is a bit different.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-19032011631custom.jpg  

Old 1st April 2011, 10:00   #7812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I had read about the police towing an accidental car around some city to bring awareness.
I have seen traffic police keeping bashed up car near Kempe Gowda Circle. And I think it works.
Old 1st April 2011, 11:20   #7813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
I think this is the same car as mentioned in following news link.
Sakaal Times
Old 1st April 2011, 11:42   #7814
Senior - BHPian

Any one seen the accident on the Pune -Mumbai bypass today morning?
A car turned turtle, landed in the ditch between the road and the service road.
By the looks of it, the car seemed to be rear ended at high speed, causing the driver to lose control and fall into the ditch.
This was bang opp the new Holiday Inn. Was in the right lane, hence could not stop to take pictures.
Old 1st April 2011, 11:58   #7815
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
I think this is the same car as mentioned in following news link.
Sakaal Times
Oh man.. Read that link car was being towed using a nylon rope. It snapped and the car rolled back. Since the engine was off the brakes couldn't have worked. What a price to pay for trying to save a few bucks on a proper tow vehicle.

When will people learn?

Most Viewed