Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2011, 14:55   #7996
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
Staff at the workshop said he was paralyzed and since he was a contractor (and not a direct employee) , I am not sure if the workshop would be really under obligation to take care of him. Other staff at the workshop said, the guy was careless and drove into the lift shaft when the lift had actually gone to a higher floor, he drove into a 2 floors deep pit. Surprisingly the lifts didn't have any safety doors to keep the lift shaft closed when the lift wasn't there.

Had problems with Ldi too, coolant leaked from a pipe and engine seized - MUL insists its accidental damage. That's another long story.

They tried to avoid the taxes and said price has gone up & they will bear the ex showroom price that I had paid for Lxi, but they came around and paid the full on road price for Lxi and as you rightly said, I paid the difference and took an Ldi.
Oops! that sounds really bad
I have been in my car once when it was being taken up on the lift at lathangi ford. I was actually quite nervous then, but wanted to be near my car when they were attending to it.
After reading this, I will NEVER do it again!
Old 4th May 2011, 15:05   #7997
BHPian

Some of the accidents posted here are quite bad.. Had driven from Mumbai - Nasik - Pune - Mahabaleshwar -Mumbai. Saw plenty of bad accidents along the route. A few on the expressway as well! :(
Old 4th May 2011, 15:53   #7998
BHPian

Baby (ain't) got back!!
Saw this guy on my way from Coorg to Hyd; the cab had just paid toll in the booth next to me and moved ahead... whoa; it was still running without any rattle!!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-cab-without-back.jpg  

Old 4th May 2011, 16:47   #7999
BHPian

That is a very interesting accidental finding Sabby! Wondering how the driver must have had the "butterfly in the stomach feeling" after the accident & still able to drive it on.

Last edited by .anshuman : 4th May 2011 at 20:41. Reason: Please restrict smiley usage to 2 per post. Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 16:57   #8000
BHPian

^^ I'm sure he's also kept the rear bumper somewhere inside!
Old 4th May 2011, 17:01   #8001
BHPian

@Sabby-069 that cab looks like the Accent that Jeremy Clarkson 'worked on' in one of the Top Gear shows. He crushed it and said it still had some juice left in it.

Shows some character of Tata car build. Hoping that the cabby did not have any passengers.
Old 4th May 2011, 17:40   #8002
Distinguished - BHPian

Happened to see an accident near CUSAT signal. One KSRTC bus collided with some vehicle and crashed into a building (if am right). The bus was seriously damaged.
Any update on this. Guess there would a write in tomorrow's paper. Will update if any.
Old 4th May 2011, 18:02   #8003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Yes, Scorp and Innova drivers are worst bullies. Always in a hurry. Glued to your bumper and honking incessantly like their a@#es are on fire. Very pesky rogues! But these bullies are the ones who crash most and die most on our highways. The humble 800s and Altos are relatively less likely to crash. As they say, the meek will indeed inherit the earth.
Please don't generalize. There are Scorpio/Innova/Safar etc drivers in this forum itself who drive quite safely and never tries to intimidate others on the road. It's some individual so called drivers be it in a Santro, Scorpio or a Bus drives like crazy and a menace to the road. And if you think Alto's and Santro's are driven peacefully then think twice as I've seen many maniacs driving/zipping around in these cars without any care of the world around. So it's those particular individuals and not a particular make of vehicle which make someone dangerous on the road. Sorry for going OT and I rest my case here.
kaushik_s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 21:23   #8004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Happened to see an accident near CUSAT signal. One KSRTC bus collided with some vehicle and crashed into a building (if am right). The bus was seriously damaged.
Any update on this. Guess there would a write in tomorrow's paper. Will update if any.
The accident occurred at about 07.45 am. A private bus and a KSRTC super fast bus collided and two persons lost their lives on the spot and one person at the hospital. About 50 persons got injured and many are in serious condition. The KSRTC bus was coming from Ernakulam side to Trichur in the highway. Suddenly, the private bus has entered the road from the side road coming from South Kalamassery and hit directly on the KSRTC superfast. The witnesses report that the fault is clearly with the overspeeding private bus. It is also understood that the signal at the junction was not working at the time of accident. There was heavy rain with lightning on the previous night at many places of ernakulam - the signal system may have gone faulty during those heavy lightnings. Following the accident, there was a traffic block on the highway since it was the office going time. I was on my way to office. Had to byepass the accident spot due to block.

Please watch a video report on the accident in the following link (report in malayalam). The buses can be seen in the video.

I have seen many times, the private buses from the South Kalamassery side move to the ernakulam side by taking a 90 deg right turn at CUSAT signal point WHEN THE RED SIGNAL IS ON for them. Remember, this dangerous action is by crossing the highway !!!

THE ATTEMPT TO SAVE FEW SECONDS BY THE PRIVATE BUS DRIVER ENDED IN LOOSING THE ENTIRE LIFE OF THREE AND MANY YEARS OF SUFFERING FOR THOSE WITH INJURIES (AS HUGE AS 50 INNOCENT PERSONS).
Old 4th May 2011, 21:27   #8005
BHPian

While coming from Wayanad yesterday i saw a Fortuner KA-51 had fallen into the ditch front on inside the forest area after gundulpet. It was going towards Wayanad. The fortuner was retrieved and was lying side of the road. What shocked me was the air bags was not at all deployed and the front end had taken quite a beating with the engine coming out of their mounts. Can there be a possibility of the air bag / sensors failure?

Sorry no pictures
Old 4th May 2011, 22:15   #8006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
I have seen many times, the private buses from the South Kalamassery side move to the ernakulam side by taking a 90 deg right turn at CUSAT signal point WHEN THE RED SIGNAL IS ON for them. Remember, this dangerous action is by crossing the highway !!!
private buses in Kerala are an uncontrolled menace! its more of a competition between the travels who own these buses; but the layman pays with his life for their game of cat and mouse
Old 4th May 2011, 22:24   #8007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
The accident occurred at about 07.45 am. A private bus and a KSRTC super fast bus collided and two persons lost their lives on the spot and one person at the hospital. About 50 persons got injured and many are in serious condition.
Couple of pics of the bus.. The private bus was moved the spot. An autorickshaw was also involved in the crash. It seems the private bus hit the rick as an aftermath of hitting the KSRTC bus. The Rick was crushed beyond identification it seems.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_3094.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_3095.jpg  

binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 22:28   #8008
BHPian

Around week ago, I was driving just after the rains. Was doing 60-70kmph, Saw one car coming towards me overtaking a autorickshaw, as soon as the guy saw me he went back behind the auto. But there was another car overtaking this car, which also went back behind the car after it saw me, 'then' believe it or not this absent minded guy was over taking THAT car ! first I thought he would move back of the car in front of him but he didnt for sometime. When I realized it would be too late, I braked hard but the road being wet, my car's wheels locked (No ABS :( ) . Then by the time he reacted, it was too late. I couldn't get off the road as there were some people there.

Old 4th May 2011, 23:23   #8009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby-069 View Post
Baby (ain't) got back!!
Saw this guy on my way from Coorg to Hyd; the cab had just paid toll in the booth next to me and moved ahead... whoa; it was still running without any rattle!!
that's not good at all , hes not only putting himself in danger , but others too . .Just to save few thousands rupees(towing his car) hes risking his and others lives . He should be fined and his DL suspended .
Old 4th May 2011, 23:35   #8010
Senior - BHPian

Saw this Swift which was standing perpendicularly on its nose, on my way to college today morning. Apologies for the quality, shot by zooming using my camera mobile.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc01633.jpg
The accident seems to have taken place during the night. The driver must have taken the curve at very high speeds as he has jumped a side walking platform and dived nose first into the trench beside the road. Heard no fatalities in the accident though

Most Viewed