Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2011, 23:42   #8011
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Where in Coimbatore was that? Road seems familiar!
Old 5th May 2011, 09:39   #8012
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
The accident occurred at about 07.45 am.

I have seen many times, the private buses from the South Kalamassery side move to the ernakulam side by taking a 90 deg right turn at CUSAT signal point WHEN THE RED SIGNAL IS ON for them. Remember, this dangerous action is by crossing the highway !!!

THE ATTEMPT TO SAVE FEW SECONDS BY THE PRIVATE BUS DRIVER ENDED IN LOOSING THE ENTIRE LIFE OF THREE AND MANY YEARS OF SUFFERING FOR THOSE WITH INJURIES (AS HUGE AS 50 INNOCENT PERSONS).
I passed the spot at 8AM and there was a lot of confusion with traffic and police trucks coming on the wrong lane.
I agree to that. Cusat signal and the one after that are dangerous junctions. These private buses never even look for other vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
private buses in Kerala are an uncontrolled menace! its more of a competition between the travels who own these buses; but the layman pays with his life for their game of cat and mouse
I strongly agree. There's also one spot right in the middle of the city where these guys take the wrong lane to avoid the signal. I shout at these guys almost everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Couple of pics of the bus.. The private bus was moved the spot. An autorickshaw was also involved in the crash. It seems the private bus hit the rick as an aftermath of hitting the KSRTC bus. The Rick was crushed beyond identification it seems.
I couldnt make out the auto since it was badly crushed. Even wondered what it was.
Old 5th May 2011, 10:00   #8013
BHPian

Saw this on youtube.

Truck rolls over in India.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ronbzORLnyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 5th May 2011, 10:54   #8014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWonder View Post
When I realized it would be too late, I braked hard but the road being wet, my car's wheels locked (No ABS :( ) . Then by the time he reacted, it was too late. I couldn't get off the road as there were some people there.
Sorry to know @ that iWonder. Front right side of your car seems to have taken the brunt for no fault of yours. I hope there is no damage to the tyre. Have you got the damage fixed? Please let us know the details
Old 5th May 2011, 11:03   #8015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Where in Coimbatore was that? Road seems familiar!
Its the newly constructed road leading to Avinashi road from G.V. residency
Old 5th May 2011, 11:21   #8016
Senior - BHPian

This Chevrolet Optra has been sitting on the Mumbai-Nashik highway for a long time now.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0849.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0850.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0848.jpg
Old 5th May 2011, 11:29   #8017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Its the newly constructed road leading to Avinashi road from G.V. residency
I knew it!

I lived just few metres away for 2 years. Scroll back few pages and you would see a crashed Manza posted by me. Same road. People tend to speed in this road and there are increasing number of accidents.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:30   #8018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
This Chevrolet Optra has been sitting on the Mumbai-Nashik highway for a long time now.
There seems to be some stamp on rear LSH door. This might indicate "Property of .." or "Confiscate by ..".
Old 5th May 2011, 11:36   #8019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
I knew it!

I lived just few metres away for 2 years. Scroll back few pages and you would see a crashed Manza posted by me. Same road. People tend to speed in this road and there are increasing number of accidents.
Exactly! Less traffic, nice curved roads and absence of speed breakers of any traffic police personal makes it one of the fastest roads to drive on in Coimbatore. Despite the trench beside the road all along!
Old 5th May 2011, 11:48   #8020
BHPian

Saw an Indica Cab hit a electric pole infront of a residential house in HSR Layout 7th sector today morning.

I guess the cab driver would have hit the pole in the night while dropping off people from work.
The electric pole had cracked right at the bottom and leaning almost on the house. Sooo DANGEROUS.

Another incidence, last sunday I drove towards Chennapatna for a leisure drive and I see a white Swift VDi driving crazily. He just wanted to be ahead of everyone by criss-cross driving. All I could say was a Stupid driver he was!!

Anup
Old 5th May 2011, 11:49   #8021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWonder View Post

That would have been scary

From the pic it looks like damage shouldn't run into 5 figures though you might want to get the front suspension assembly also checked as a precaution.

Hopefully the other guy learnt a lesson.

PS: On closer inspection, alloy looks bent. Did he by any chance pay for any part of the damage?

Last edited by asr245 : 5th May 2011 at 11:51.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:54   #8022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
that's not good at all , hes not only putting himself in danger , but others too . .Just to save few thousands rupees(towing his car) hes risking his and others lives . He should be fined and his DL suspended .
Ya; He was chased down and stopped by a traffic jeep about half a KM after the toll.
Old 5th May 2011, 16:38   #8023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
While coming from Wayanad yesterday i saw a Fortuner KA-51 had fallen into the ditch front on inside the forest area after gundulpet. It was going towards Wayanad. The fortuner was retrieved and was lying side of the road. What shocked me was the air bags was not at all deployed and the front end had taken quite a beating with the engine coming out of their mounts. Can there be a possibility of the air bag / sensors failure?

Sorry no pictures
Could be a case where the occupants were not wearing the seatbelt. Read some where that airbags do not deploy when the seatbelt is not on (Not very sure of that though).

Last edited by cooljai : 5th May 2011 at 16:46. Reason: The new post is more accurate
Old 5th May 2011, 17:17   #8024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
Could be a case where the occupants were not wearing the seatbelt. Read some where that airbags do not deploy when the seatbelt is not on (Not very sure of that though).
It's a pity that most of the people in India pay for (or unknowingly get) safety features and don't know how to use them.
The road between Gundlupet and Nanjangud is another stretch where people drive recklessly. I've noticed that many holiday makers who drive to Waynad or Ooty drive like crazy. Add to that, the cabbies and trucks. Overtaking at blind turns and overspeeding are common sight. People are not careful even though they don't know the route.
Old 5th May 2011, 17:44   #8025
BHPian

+1 to what A350XWB said. I have driven several times on this stretch between Mysore and Gundulpet and people drive like crazy. One has to be really careful and also pray at the same time that others are careful as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks