Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2011, 18:31   #8056
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The bumper is damaged very badly. I guess the radiator is also gone. Were these snaps taken immediately after the accident? How did this occur in the first place? Was it due to poor visibility at night? Please let us know the further details.
Yes, these were taken immediately after the accident. I do not have much details about the incident. Supposedly, his driver slid off the road ran into some stationary car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Not surprising at all: 60kph is quiet a speed to hit something at. Added to which, the damage has occurred in the crumple zone, which is sacrificed for the added protection of the vehicle's occupants. (but is that damage to the roof? Or just the way the light is in the pic?)
Thad, take a look at my car which was at ~50 and the jeep which hit me was easily doing more than ~70(No braking).

Much.. Much.. less damage than the i10.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2200747

And there is no damage to the roof. Its just light/mist playing tricks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
This looks strange to me, I was under the opinion only Figo lacked the dog bar and would result in damage to interiors on any collision in slow speeds. Strange to see even i10 facing the same fate.

Doesnt i10 have some kind of dog bar to stop the damage?
Well, if you look at it closely, there is indeed a bar for protecting the radiator. But then, it is 'strictly' a 'dog'-bar, and will be useful only under city speed limits. Anything over it, this is the result.

P.S- This might be useful. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...limsy-car.html

Last edited by dhanushs : 9th May 2011 at 18:33.
Old 9th May 2011, 18:51   #8057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post

Thad, take a look at my car which was at ~50 and the jeep which hit me was easily doing more than ~70(No braking).

Much.. Much.. less damage than the i10.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2200747
I have seen the damages in the link posted and by the look of it, the nature of the collision is much different in many ways than what posted in the pics.

Also, each accident is different, the dynamics play differently in different situations. But that does not take away anything from the fact that car like i10 and figo have flimsily built bumpers!
Old 9th May 2011, 19:56   #8058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
OK, point taken. In fact your car seems to have suffered less than mine did on a wing-to-wing collision with neither car doing more than about 30!
Old 9th May 2011, 20:50   #8059
Senior - BHPian

Saw a video on the FB page of the HTP caught by one of their cameras at Patny Circle, hyderabad. Luckily, this guy survived. Thought of sharing it with you guys.
https://www.facebook.com/video/video...97465986965230

Also, yesterday while returning back from Srisailam , saw this accident at around 70kms from hyderabad. The third truck was unloading the materials of other truck onto itself.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_2608.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_2609.jpg
Old 9th May 2011, 23:57   #8060
Distinguished - BHPian

"Now who put that divider in my way when I was about to overtake everyone else on the road???"

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110509-14.21.53k100.jpg

"And yeah, I can afford a flatbed truck to take me home too!"
Old 10th May 2011, 07:44   #8061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Saw a video on the FB page of the HTP caught by one of their cameras at Patny Circle, hyderabad. Luckily, this guy survived. Thought of sharing it with you guys.
Looks like the bus driver was at fault here and was breaking the signal. But the biker also did not help his cause by not wearing a helmet. The impact was directly on his head when he hit the ground. I hope he survived. And later in the video the bus driver simply took a reverse turn and drove off . I am surprised that mob fury did not occur.
Old 10th May 2011, 08:44   #8062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Saw this in a rural road about 10Kms away from Electronic city, bangalore. Dont know any details.

Attachment 541229

Santosh, this car was gutted in fire about 4-5 months ago, I stay close to this place and have my own snaps of this car which is stranded on Anekal Road. This car looks like has been abandoned at this place. I came to from my local friends that the car caught fire in running and no one was injured.
Old 10th May 2011, 09:25   #8063
BHPian

Maruti served legal notice as airbags in Dzire fail to function

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this:

Source: Cartradeindia.com

Link:
Maruti served legal notice as airbags in Dzire fail to function

Maruti Suzuki India Ltd., the largest car maker in the country, has been asked through a legal notice to explain why the safety airbags of a Swift Dzire model failed to open during a specific accident.
The notice has been served to the company by an officer of the Indian army, Major Rahul Soni, whose Maruti Swift Dzire met with an accident on Dec 8th, 2010. The airbags of the top end Dzire model of Major Rahul, which were supposed to open and prevent injuries, failed to function.
According to Soni, none of the two airbags of the car opened during an accident, leaving two people inside the car seriously injured. The accident took place at the National Highway 8, near Himmat Nagar, while they were heading towards Rajasthan.

While responding to queries from IANS via an e-mail, Maruti spokesperson said, "The company has already responded to the customer reiterating under what conditions the SRS airbags will not deploy." He added that "It seems that in this case, the accident occurred in such conditions where the SRS airbags would not deploy."
The company added that these conditions were clearly mentioned in the owner’s manual and it has clarified its standpoint in a response dated 5th April to customer.
Old 10th May 2011, 10:22   #8064
BHPian

Yesterday, while going back home. I saw huge black smoke eminating from the right side of NH8 just opposite the exit I take to reach my home. Traffic had piled on all 4 sides of that intersection as a Maruti Van was up in flames. That was a scary scene. I couldnt stop becuase of heavy traffic.

I later went to check the spot and there I saw this one completely charred. I have pics but cant post from office network as it wont allow the upload. Shall do that in the evening.

Come summers and every second day we hear a news of some or the other car going up in flames in NCR. Honestly, it sends a shiver down my spine. I dont think this van had any central locking or stuff (most commonly stated as the reason for fire due to short circuit etc.). Is there a mechanism to detect a possibility in your vehicle or we are largely clueless on why it would happen to some cars and not to most others?
Old 10th May 2011, 10:28   #8065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Looks like the bus driver was at fault here and was breaking the signal. ...And later in the video the bus driver simply took a reverse turn and drove off . I am surprised that mob fury did not occur.
Amit, this was Biker's fault. The APSRTC bus driver was just taking a legal turn. The Biker broke the red light , went ahead and banged in the bus. I have downloaded this photo from the HTP FB page, which clearly shows this. The signal was red and look at the biker's casual stance of riding. Looks like he has his eyes closed
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-230302_161058530623894_103022096427538_398914_5817975_n.jpg
Old 10th May 2011, 10:30   #8066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
Come summers and every second day we hear a news of some or the other car going up in flames in NCR. Honestly, it sends a shiver down my spine. I dont think this van had any central locking or stuff (most commonly stated as the reason for fire due to short circuit etc.). Is there a mechanism to detect a possibility in your vehicle or we are largely clueless on why it would happen to some cars and not to most others?
Was this van running on LPG? Does any one has any statistics on the break-up of fuel type (Petrol, Diesel, LPG, CNG) for all such cars, which end up in flames?
Old 10th May 2011, 10:36   #8067
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have any photos of the Punto that caught fire at Mahipalpur yesterday at 1pm? I was driving by but could not click pics on the expressway!
Old 10th May 2011, 11:12   #8068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amit, this was Biker's fault. The APSRTC bus driver was just taking a legal turn. The Biker broke the red light , went ahead and banged in the bus. I have downloaded this photo from the HTP FB page, which clearly shows this. The signal was red and look at the biker's casual stance of riding. Looks like he has his eyes closed
I might be wrong (cannot see the video in office to confirm), but i think the snaps appear to be different. If i recollect correctly there was a guy with a dark shirt riding the bike and also saw a rickshaw and other vehicles following him. Any which way it was troubling to see the video. Whoever we blame ultimately one person has suffered injuries.
Old 10th May 2011, 21:15   #8069
BHPian

A crashed old generation C class

AFAIK what i read in paper was the owner was feeling chest pain while at home and decided to drive to hospital with wife and kids just a km from home,but lost control of car at first junction itself and turned turtle

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0179.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0180.jpg
Old 10th May 2011, 21:57   #8070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the link.
The biker was distracted by another two wheeler on his left. He seemed to be saying something to that two wheeler and as a result didn't notice the big bus coming right at him.

Also, the guy did not survive. There is a post by HTP there in the comments that says that he succumbed to head injuries. Helmet would have surely saved him.

I guess his "instinct" didn't kick in this time around.

EDIT: Seems the guy he was arguing with was the one breaking the signal. The lowlife gets his fill of the thrill by looking at the victim lying on the ground and then carries on with his signal breaking.

Last edited by amitoj : 10th May 2011 at 22:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks