Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2011, 21:33   #8206
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
It would be interesting to know where the driver of the killer bus is now. He would have walked out and would be on the prowl at Kochi roads for more exploits.
The brake and suspension of the bus was ascertained to be in fine nick and rash and negligent driving is the cause.

All of Kochi's errant private bus drivers and the Kilis (nee cleaners who hang out of the doors with a whistle in his mouth) has to be made answerable.

Would the authorities concerned wake up from slumber?
As per the reports, the bus driver was taken into custody and a case was charged. If am correct his name is Basheer. But I seriously doubt this since most of the bus owners will easily pull this off.

This seriously got to change. I totally hate these guys
Old 21st May 2011, 23:09   #8207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Private bus mishap at Pallimukku, Ernakulam. Gross!
That is one shocking video scorcher. I've been to Kerala once and I've traveled across different cities in Kerala using the State Transportation buses. I was literally seeing the way these guys drove those buses. They have minimal respect for other people on the road. I've started to appreciate the bus drivers in Hyderabad after getting back.
Old 22nd May 2011, 07:25   #8208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Private bus mishap at Pallimukku, Ernakulam. Gross!
What the bloody hell? The bus driver needs to be hanged for literally murdering the old man. Something has to be done to stop these morons from increasing the vicious acts that they already do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Ok, I just searched up on google. Apparently, the pedestrian was killed in the accident. A senior citizen aged around 66.
It was really sad to see him running for his dear life in vain. RIP old man.
Old 22nd May 2011, 09:03   #8209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Some of these recent pictures remind me that the building of good roads without educating and controlling drivers is really some sort of very sick joke.
Agree with you Thad, I am sure with bad roads people would generally slow down and avoid getting into a mess. Now our highways are better and the accident rate has gone up.
Old 22nd May 2011, 12:00   #8210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
As per the reports, the bus driver was taken into custody and a case was charged. If am correct his name is Basheer. But I seriously doubt this since most of the bus owners will easily pull this off.
The bus, and its owner, will walk out scot-free. In majority of the cases, the driver is let to fight the case all on himself - and Many drivers quit this profession out of pressure from such cases.

Here is a pic of this bus after the hit:
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0532.jpg

Edit: According to news reports, the bus was driven down to the police station by the cops. So the bus was perfectly fine.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 12:31   #8211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
The bus, and its owner, will walk out scot-free. In majority of the cases, the driver is let to fight the case all on himself - and Many drivers quit this profession out of pressure from such cases. Edit: According to news reports, the bus was driven down to the police station by the cops. So the bus was perfectly fine.
The bus was fine. So it is the reckless and negligent driving being the cause and the driver is certainly the culprit. Needless to mention that he himself has to fight the case which is of his own making. He has murdered an unsuspecting senior citizen. See the speed at which he approached the junction. In any case, at that junction all the buses proceed straight and the buses towards Kadavanthra has to go through chittoor road and join at the Valanjambalam junction. Which means his overtaking attempt through the left lane is a gross violation of the rule. These private bus drivers usually does occupy the left lane at lights blocking the vehicles to the left.

These fellaws think that they own the road. If these lot cannot obey rules and do not posses the wherewithal to be obedient to the rules let them quit the profession for the sake of the public at large.

Last edited by rajeev k : 22nd May 2011 at 12:36.
Old 22nd May 2011, 12:36   #8212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
In any case at that junction all the buses proceed straight and the buses towards Kadavanthra has to go through chittoor road and join at the valanjambalam junction. Which means his overtaking attempt through the left lane is a gross violation of the rule.
OT: Are you sure of what you are saying? The Accident occured at Pallimukku signal, which is well after the place you are referring to.

The bus was reportedly heading from Mattanchery to Perumbavoor - its not a City bus any ways. Notice the orange design on its side. And, At Pallimukku junction, NO buses take a left turn.
Old 22nd May 2011, 12:45   #8213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
OT: Are you sure of what you are saying? The Accident occured at Pallimukku signal, which is well after the place you are referring to. The bus was reportedly heading from Mattanchery to Perumbavoor - its not a City bus any ways. Notice the orange design on its side. And, At Pallimukku junction, NO buses take a left turn.
Sorry , you are right. I took it the other way round.
At the junction the left lane has been blocked for more than two weeks and this also added to the confusion.

My other words stays.

Last edited by rajeev k : 22nd May 2011 at 13:09.
Old 22nd May 2011, 13:41   #8214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
What the bloody hell? The bus driver needs to be hanged for literally murdering the old man. Something has to be done to stop these morons from increasing the vicious acts that they already do.
I am absolutely opposed to the death penalty but --- an instruction from the Supreme Court that such cases be regarded as rarest of rare would seem to have only problem: they are not very rare

Perhaps we are getting too political for this thread ...
Old 22nd May 2011, 14:00   #8215
Senior - BHPian

I am yet to get over this bus carsh video. Forget diesel or petrol, sedan or SUV, pick-up evrsus top-speed. The lesser time we spend on road, the better off we are. Seems like we are more likely to die on our blood-washed roads than anywhere else. What was that old man's fault other than that he happened to be in that maniac's path? Just watch how the driver is trying to squeeze a full-size bus through a gap not wide enough for even a Safari. And there is no hint of any braking or even slowing down. It is as though the driver deliberately crashed into that building. Should be hanged in the very same intersection.
Old 22nd May 2011, 15:08   #8216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Spotted another accident on ORR today, Radio Cab seems to have crashed into something near the Yet to be Opened Toll Gate. The driver of the cab was sitting in the cab and talking to someone on the phone, hence it looks like the accident happened a couple of hours before I spotted it.
Grosse! Was this near the airport?

On a lighter note, nikhil- you sure are creative when it comes to masking numbers- appears as if the cab is screaming out "AAAA" in pain!!
Old 22nd May 2011, 21:40   #8217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I am absolutely opposed to the death penalty but ---
Perhaps we are getting too political for this thread ...
Apologies for using those unparliamentary words there. I was so sad on seeing the old man being hit to death for absolutely no fault of his. Heck, is walking on the extreme corner of a main road that big a mistake to lose one's life? That's what made me say that.
arvi86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 23:22   #8218
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I agreed with your words... but...
Old 23rd May 2011, 23:32   #8219
BHPian

I am cross posting from the Bad Drivers thread where I posted this. This is an accident waiting to happen. So posting here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...ml#post2363033

Mods - Please delete this post, if it is inappropriate to post the same in two threads.
Old 24th May 2011, 14:34   #8220
BHPian

TN Environmental minister dead on road mishap.
He was on his way to chennai from Trichy for oath-taking ceremony of newly elected MLAs in Chennai.
7am departure from Trichy to reach 10am function in heart of the city, sure the driver would made many to miss a heartbeat on the way before they met the devil.

News says that they are searching for the lorry driver (fled away with lorry), and it is clear case of the innova's drivers fault as he rear-ended in an attempt of negligent overtaking.
When these folks will learn.
Source:The Hindu : States / Tamil Nadu : Minister dies in road accident; probe ordered
Photo:http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/a...nt_638142a.jpg

Last edited by Reisender : 24th May 2011 at 14:35. Reason: Link for photo

Most Viewed