Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2011, 08:25   #8416
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
What I find funnier is people standing around and laughing when it just takes 5-6 guys to lift it and put it back on the road. Then there's photographers like you - clicking away but not helping :
I went for help but that person was in some other state of mind and Tata showroom is just 200 m away he had called people from there later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
maybe he was trying to get from the service lane to the main road, while talking on the phone Jasmeet said the guy had stopped for fuel during some sort of a drive, so in all probability he was trying to catch up
No that person was not talking on phone while this happened.

Last edited by jasmeetsingh : 11th June 2011 at 08:26.
Old 11th June 2011, 09:22   #8417
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th June 2011 at 15:54.
IronH4WK is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th June 2011, 09:42   #8418
Senior - BHPian

Just saw a Grey Hyundai i10, banged up against the concrete boundary of the circle at Nagarjuna Circle. Couldn't take photos in time. Traffic was moving so couldn't stop and click either. The front is a goner of the i10.
Either of the two scenario can be the reason.
1. Either he tried to join road no 1 from from road no 3 by taking the shortcut across the circle, instead going the right way. or
2. He must have misjudged and banged the car while going towards Panjagutta from road no 1.
Anybody else, manage to spot this and have a picture ?
Old 11th June 2011, 13:09   #8419
Distinguished - BHPian

There was an accident yesterday near Muzaffarpur at around 9PM when a Tata 608 minibus loaded with about 70 people of a marriage party(according to newpaper) fell into a ditch.The cause is attributed to drunken driving.The people in the bus had had drinks with the driver and then allowed him to drive the bus .Its atrocious on their part also.Now 8 of them are lying in a morgue and over 2 dozen are injured.I wonder why overloading also is not being investigated as the cause of accident.
Links(English)- 6 killed, 24 injured as bus turtles in Muzaffarpur - Yahoo! News

Hindi-http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/local/bihar/4_4_7851008.html
Old 11th June 2011, 15:16   #8420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
There was an accident yesterday near Muzaffarpur at around 9PM when a Tata 608 minibus loaded with about 70 people of a marriage party(according to newpaper) fell into a ditch.The cause is attributed to drunken driving.The people in the bus had had drinks with the driver and then allowed him to drive the bus .Its atrocious on their part also.Now 8 of them are lying in a morgue and over 2 dozen are injured.I wonder why overloading also is not being investigated as the cause of accident.
Links(English)- 6 killed, 24 injured as bus turtles in Muzaffarpur - Yahoo! News
Your source (newspaper) says 70 & the yahoo says 50. Don't know what to believe. If no innocent pedestrian or motorist was injured/killed, then no problem. It's just nature's way of selection - survival of the fittest. Idiots!
Old 11th June 2011, 18:46   #8421
BHPian

LOGAN Body Toughness

Last week i was going from chennai to madurai and someone rear ended my car. See the pictures. There is absolute nothing in my logan and i was set back with the damage on the fiesta. The driver after rear ending me was asking for money. I said to register and FIR and rest the insurance guy will take care. He was not interested to go by law. I guessed this guy did not pay his insurance on his car.
The incident happened like this.
I had been going towards a narrow bridge where a truck was parked on the bridge. Before i could overtake the truck i was overtaken by a state transport bus since i was keeping left and i had to brake. Although it was not really hard braking, the guy behind seemed to fail to calculate the risk and rear ended me. Now that was a series of traffic blunders
1. Truck parked (breakdown) on a narrow bridge
2. Bus overtaking on a narrow bridge
3. Read ending a slowing car
After reaching madurai, i took the car to nearby garage and lifted the car to see under the rear bumper. i was rubbing my eyes and i could not see a scratch under the rear section where it was hit. I really thanked renault for such a tough car
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0041.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0042.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0043.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0044.jpg  

MuzzledMoose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2011, 18:48   #8422
Team-BHP Support

You did the right thing. He should read the traffic rules. One needs to keep a distance
Old 11th June 2011, 20:53   #8423
BHPian

Re: LOGAN Body Toughness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
Last week i was going from chennai to madurai and someone rear ended my car. See the pictures. There is absolute nothing in my logan and i was set back with the damage on the fiesta. The driver after rear ending me was asking for money. I said to register and FIR and rest the insurance guy will take care. He was not interested to go by law. I guessed this guy did not pay his insurance on his car.
I have a doubt. Fiesta was behind you. Fiesta damage on the right side. Logan scratches on the left ! How come ? Also, there is no space on the left side of your logan for the fiesta's right hitting your car. Or the logan photograph was taken after moving the car to another place from the accident slot ?

The fiesta driver must have met with another accident earlier and to cover up or make more money, was he intentionally making a small hit at your back and asking for money showing the old damage ?

I may be wrong. But, I have such bitter experiences...
KMohanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2011, 21:11   #8424
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: LOGAN Body Toughness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
The incident happened like this.
I had been going towards a narrow bridge where a truck was parked on the bridge. Before i could overtake the truck i was overtaken by a state transport bus since i was keeping left and i had to brake. Although it was not really hard braking, the guy behind seemed to fail to calculate the risk and rear ended me. Now that was a series of traffic blunders
1. Truck parked (breakdown) on a narrow bridge
2. Bus overtaking on a narrow bridge
3. Read ending a slowing car
After reaching madurai, i took the car to nearby garage and lifted the car to see under the rear bumper. i was rubbing my eyes and i could not see a scratch under the rear section where it was hit. I really thanked renault for such a tough car
Boss, what do you have under the car there?
armour plates??

I expected at least damage to your car, after seeing the fiesta, but........

If someone is straight out asking for cash,AND refusing to involve cops, something's gotta be out of order with his papers, or he's just trying to fish for a few bucks.
I'm glad you walked off not being lighter in car costs, or extortion!
Old 11th June 2011, 21:29   #8425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
I have a doubt. Fiesta was behind you. Fiesta damage on the right side. Logan scratches on the left ! How come ? Also, there is no space on the left side of your logan for the fiesta's right hitting your car. Or the logan photograph was taken after moving the car to another place from the accident slot ?

The fiesta driver must have met with another accident earlier and to cover up or make more money, was he intentionally making a small hit at your back and asking for money showing the old damage ?

I may be wrong. But, I have such bitter experiences...
Well, this guy who rear ended me was coming really fast. I had slowed down, and after the bus overtook me i turned towards the right on normal driving.I just decelerated quickly and turned right to overtake the stationary truck ahead of me. It was a usual traffic flow. So he rear ended me on the left side of my car.
The person was having women and children inside fiesta. Seemed he was returning from a marriage party. I just stopped, got down and looked behind to find less damage in my car. i just left it off and wanted to move ahead since i had to reach madurai by night as it was already evening 6. This happened at a place called ulundurpettai and madurai was still 2XX km ahead. He stopped me and told wait, " i have asked someone to come"
I had smelled trouble and immediately called madurai police control room and got connected to ulundurpettai police station.

Then another family came in a scorpio and an indica after we waited for about 30 minutes and the a person not so well known in tamil film field alighted from the scorpio. He immediately understood it was the other drivers mistake and asked me to leave. But a set of guys who came with him were intoxicated and started arguing x and y with me. I was worried since i had 2 dogs in my car with me and my wife. I kept quiet and just told him that if he needs to escalate the issue, just come to the nearest police station and file a complaint. They did not do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Boss, what do you have under the car there?
armour plates??

I expected at least damage to your car, after seeing the fiesta, but........

If someone is straight out asking for cash,AND refusing to involve cops, something's gotta be out of order with his papers, or he's just trying to fish for a few bucks.
I'm glad you walked off not being lighter in car costs, or extortion!
For everyone, i would always suggest that if an accident happens on the highway, just forget the car damage first. you will need to go to the nearest police station and file a complaint or FIR. That's why we need INSURANCE.
Just shrug and cool off the incident, behave polite with if any other involved party in the accident, and positively lodge the FIR if the damage is bad. NO policeman can make money in between if the insurance, other papers and the license is straightforward.

I believe the fiesta had hit me from behind right on the exhaust pipe. And Since the exhaust pipe was connected to the front of the engine using long pipe setup, the damage was minimal in logan. I had lost my number plate. The number plate illumination box had just jumped off the bracket and it was fixed back with a screw driver. The bumper had taken good hit but as i know logan's bumper for past 3.5 years of my owning the same, it never got dent or broken on small hits in traffic. But i never thought it was this strong. I have the 2007 model renault logan 1.6 petrol, and i was told by the service person that a set of initial models were having completely imported parts (CKD?) and i was one of the lucky persons to have original renault parts on my car. Also the 1.6L engine , the parts inside the bonnet were having marking in other languages than english when i got them. I believe that i am lucky to have got a direct import version of the car.

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th June 2011 at 23:25.
Old 11th June 2011, 22:41   #8426
BHPian

Another terrible accident involving a heavy vehicle:

Truck mows down eighteen sleeping pilgrims in Gujarat
Old 12th June 2011, 00:40   #8427
BHPian

Laura with a banged up front.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0371.jpg  

Old 12th June 2011, 09:37   #8428
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai-Pune expressway has taken its toll once again yesterday and this time it has taken the lives of Dr.Phatak and Mrs.Phatak. Dr.Phatak was the founder of the Millenium School (bagless day time school) in Pune. This is very sad and frustrating. May their souls RIP.

Two killed in expressway accidentFounder director of Millennium school, wife dead in e-way accident - The Times of India
Old 12th June 2011, 11:08   #8429
BHPian

spotted by a friend, yesterday morning in delhi..
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-247991_10150649195280611_536580610_19335852_3615143_n.jpg  

Old 12th June 2011, 11:54   #8430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
spotted by a friend, yesterday morning in delhi..
This happened a couple of days back AFAIK, early part of the previous week. Which means the authorities / owner have not able to move the tipper for almost a week. Apparently the tipper was speeding and lost control over a speed-breaker.

Most Viewed