Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 16:44   #8791
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Just happened to witness an accident near Khambatki tunnel, Khandala on NH4 on Friday night. It had happened just a few minutes ago and clicking pics was never on my mind. We offered to help, but there were already a few people who took charge to help the victims.

News available @
http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...atara-khandala

My version of story:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2435743

I felt so disturbed and shocked that I definitely wouldnt have wanted to click any pics of the incidents.

Last edited by funkykar : 19th July 2011 at 16:46.
Old 19th July 2011, 20:41   #8792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
It was a gory sight this morning at little mount
, chennai. I could see a rear ended swift, an mtc bus and a guy under the wheels of it. Clearly seemed to be the bus driver's fault. May his soul RIP.
This brought the memory of a ghastly scene to my mind. It happened around 15 years ago in the morning around 7'o clock.. Myself and my cousin were on our way to Parur to attend a wedding and at the Edappally church in the NH we stopped my cousins Amby, and from the car I saw a Leyland Truck parked right in front of the Kurisupally and I also saw the driver of the truck praying. I suddenly noticed some white clothes below the left rear wheels of the truck, and I could not believe my eyes, that was an old lady below the wheel. The driver was totally unaware of the situation he was in.

Though I was dumbfounded I shouted from the car at the praying driver who came to know only then. The old lady had met a very tragic death.
Very sad indeed.

Even after years every time I pass through this church this gory scene comes before my eyes.

Last edited by rajeev k : 19th July 2011 at 20:43.
Old 19th July 2011, 23:18   #8793
BANNED

Saw a I20 nose resting on top of a turtled auto near ITO delhi in morning. I20 rear wheel were on road and front on top of auto.
Old 20th July 2011, 01:01   #8794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
This brought the memory of a ghastly scene to my mind. It happened around 15 years ago in the morning around 7'o clock.. Myself and my cousin were on our way to Parur to attend a wedding and at the Edappally church in the NH we stopped my cousins Amby, and from the car I saw a Leyland Truck parked right in front of the Kurisupally and I also saw the driver of the truck praying. I suddenly noticed some white clothes below the left rear wheels of the truck, and I could not believe my eyes, that was an old lady below the wheel. The driver was totally unaware of the situation he was in.

Though I was dumbfounded I shouted from the car at the praying driver who came to know only then. The old lady had met a very tragic death.
Very sad indeed.

Even after years every time I pass through this church this gory scene comes before my eyes.
let me get this right , you mean he ran over the lady and did not realise and then went on to offer his prayers before you shouted to make him realise. Is that correct?
Old 20th July 2011, 01:08   #8795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Just happened to witness an accident near Khambatki tunnel, Khandala on NH4 on Friday night. It had happened just a few minutes ago and clicking pics was never on my mind. We offered to help, but there were already a few people who took charge to help the victims.

News available @
Two killed, 3 hurt in accident near Khambatki tunnel - Times Of India

My version of story:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2435743

I felt so disturbed and shocked that I definitely wouldnt have wanted to click any pics of the incidents.

From your report on the other thread - the guys were almost certainly not wearing the seat belt and were probably flung out when the accident happened.
Old 20th July 2011, 04:48   #8796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
let me get this right , you mean he ran over the lady and did not realise and then went on to offer his prayers before you shouted to make him realise. Is that correct?
Yes exactly. For the truck driver the church was on the right side of the road and he took the vehicle close to the kurisupally, which is on the road side with a very small space in between the road. The guy while parling the truck accidentally hit the lady and an over. Probably she would have came into the wheelbase space while the truck driver was turning to park.This would not have happened if a prtective bar which is seen now a days in some trucks was mounted in thay truck.
Old 20th July 2011, 12:23   #8797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
From your report on the other thread - the guys were almost certainly not wearing the seat belt and were probably flung out when the accident happened.
Yes, from the accident site, it appeared that no one was wearing a seat belt. The report however says that the driver was wearing one. If all were wearing seat belts, the bunch of close friends would have survived.
Old 20th July 2011, 12:35   #8798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Yes, from the accident site, it appeared that no one was wearing a seat belt. The report however says that the driver was wearing one. If all were wearing seat belts, the bunch of close friends would have survived.

this happens quite a lot - drivers wear seatbelts because fear of fine has instilled the habit. passengers do not, unless asked to, and nobody asks them.

I insist on it whenever somebody is travelling in my car and in the past week asked a friend to get out if he wasn't willing to wear it (the guy at first thought I was joking).
Old 20th July 2011, 13:02   #8799
BHPian

Saw this accident on the Eastern Express Highway, Bombay, in front of Godrej. This lorry had jack-knifed, and I am still wondering how he ended up in this position.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0207.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0208.jpg

Aalok

Last edited by aalokg : 20th July 2011 at 13:31.
Old 20th July 2011, 13:28   #8800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalokg View Post
Saw this accident on the Eastern Express Highway, Bombay, in front Godrej. This lorry had jack-knifed, and I am still wondering how he ended up in this position.

Attachment 580146

Attachment 580147

Aalok

Did you see that "no U-turn" sign there? May be someone implementing the rules to the bone!

But seriously, it would take a LOT of effort to end up like that.
Old 22nd July 2011, 00:01   #8801
Senior - BHPian

A very nice lovable HR person, attached to the training section of a company, where I also work, met with a fatal accident when the bike he was riding collided with a chauffeur driven WagonR at around 9 in the night couple of months back. He was thrown off the bike, and suffered head injury, though he was wearing a helmet. He was pronounced brought dead at a nearby private hospital.

The accident happened at a place called Thalayolaparambu where the road was dug many months back for water pipeline work and there was a big man-hole on the center of the lane with a sign board reading 'Accident prone Area'. Though he was a frequent traveler through this road. Perhaps he would have swerved to the right at the last moment noticing the obstacle and hit the car's rear right door. The car was turning towards left to a side road.

I am attaching two photos of the location taken from the direction the ill fated person was riding his bike.

The victim was a very good person always seen with a smile. May his soul RIP.

The road continues to remain in the same condition even today.

It is apathy that still the authorities concerned have not opened their forcibly kept shut eyes
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bike-acc-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bike-acc-2.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 22nd July 2011 at 00:04.
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:14   #8802
BHPian

An acccident involving nano in kerala and an auto. Nano doesn't look too bad, but all 4 in the car died after crashing with an autorikshaw !!!!

linky in mallu for the picture
Manorama Online | Malayalam News |=@@@

details in english
Manorama Online | Four die in Malappuram road accident=@@@
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:18   #8803
Senior - BHPian

It seems A/B pillars received significant impact. These are bent inwards.

Car should have hit some other object after collision with rickshaw.
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:20   #8804
BHPian

yes true, but the damage looks too less to cause death for 4 persons. May be they didn't wear seat belts
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:23   #8805
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
An acccident involving nano in kerala and an auto. Nano doesn't look too bad, but all 4 in the car died after crashing with an autorikshaw !!!!
Those who died were traveling in the auto, not in Nano.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks