Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:28   #8806
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Those who died were traveling in the auto, not in Nano.
they changed the story in last 5 minutes

Last edited by 999 : 22nd July 2011 at 18:31.
Old 22nd July 2011, 19:44   #8807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
An acccident involving nano in kerala and an auto. Nano doesn't look too bad, but all 4 in the car died after crashing with an autorikshaw !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
It seems A/B pillars received significant impact. These are bent inwards.

Car should have hit some other object after collision with rickshaw.
Quote:
yes true, but the damage looks too less to cause death for 4 persons. May be they didn't wear seat belts
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Those who died were traveling in the auto, not in Nano.
The guys in the rick are said to have died. The 4 passengers in the car are admitted in the hospital and are said to have been in an inebriated state. Guess the rick was overloaded with people. The passengers in the rick were coming from the airport after picking someone coming from Gulf.

To me, the front of Nano was looking in a worser shape than the rick !
Old 23rd July 2011, 20:32   #8808
Senior - BHPian

There were eight persons in the ill-fated Auto, returning from the Airport after receiving one of their relatives returning from the Gulf.

Last edited by GTO : 25th July 2011 at 15:26. Reason: As per your reported post
Old 23rd July 2011, 20:53   #8809
TOR
BHPian

Took this about a month back. Dont know the exact details but looked like the Dzire was T-boned by a 407.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20062011231.jpg
Old 23rd July 2011, 21:16   #8810
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a couple of crashed micra Diesels at a Nissan workshop.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0067.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0068.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0069.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0070.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0071.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0072.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0073.jpg  

Old 23rd July 2011, 22:34   #8811
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday morning while going to my office, I was unfortunately a witness to the accident mentioned in the link here : Yavatmal youth run over by garbage truck - The Times of India

It was a horrible scene. When I came to the signal, the accident had just happened. The unfortunate person was dashed from behind by a garbage truck. His only fault?? He was waiting for the signal to turn green. This happens frequently in Pune, if you stop at a red light, there are high chances that some moron will rear-end you.

Sometimes I really wonder, in India, is it a fault to obey the traffic rules? For a moment I thought of stopping there to help, but it was of no use. It was already over in a split second and the constables were already moving the body to the side of the road. Looking at the constable chaps doing their duty I really wonder, how at such times God gives us the strength to go through all this and see all this; for the mangled mass of flesh becomes a nightmare to all those who see it, and will continue to haunt all those who witnessed it.

The unfortunate person was wearing a helmet, but the impact was such that the helmet was smashed to pieces. And the worst part of all this? The garbage truck driver is only 24 years old . Tell me, how many 24 year old's have the maturity to drive a car, leave alone a full garbage truck?? I blame the RTO for this; they give away driving licenses and permits without any consideration, tests, validations etc., etc.

Another thing which bugged me no end, was that many bystanders were watching as if some great thing was going on! 95% of these bystanders will do nothing but view the whole proceedings as mere spectators and spread rumours.

I just wish to say R.I.P, the whole incident affected my day in the office. Everytime I closed my eyes, the dead body flashed in front of my eyes. I will never forget yesterday for my entire life.
Old 24th July 2011, 00:49   #8812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
And the worst part of all this? The garbage truck driver is only 24 years old . Tell me, how many 24 year old's have the maturity to drive a car, leave alone a full garbage truck?? I blame the RTO for this; they give away driving licenses and permits without any consideration, tests, validations etc., etc.
While I appreciate your current anger, You are talking complete nonsense.

You cannot equate one signal jumping idiot to say that 24 year olds don't have the maturity to drive a car for god's sakes.

I don't know what your age is, but you certainly don't have the maturity to evaluate what 24 year olds are capable of. Try Mark Zuckerberg on for size.
phamilyman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 01:02   #8813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

You cannot equate one signal jumping idiot to say that 24 year olds don't have the maturity to drive a car for god's sakes.

I don't know what your age is, but you certainly don't have the maturity to evaluate what 24 year olds are capable of. Try Mark Zuckerberg on for size.

I know quite a few 50yrs olds who have never driven a car and who should never drive a car. In fact age has nothing to do with most of the things in life.

That said - the incident he was referring to would have been quite horrifying I can imagine. And most of the bikers whose antics make it dangerous for everyone fall in the age group he is criticizing (mainly because once they get older they either buy cars or they start valuing their lives a little more - thanks to wife and kids) so I can understand the angst that made him write what he wrote.

Last edited by Samurai : 24th July 2011 at 06:41. Reason: Don't incite people unnecessarily
Old 24th July 2011, 01:12   #8814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Completely Agree. One incident of a 24 year old driving and crashing has got nothing to do with a 24 year old's maturity/ability to drive/make reformed choices in dire situations.

I started driving since I was 18 I have never ever crashed even though I have driven more than a lakh and half kilometers in 6 nd half years. *touchwood*
Old 24th July 2011, 11:12   #8815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
The unfortunate person was dashed from behind by a garbage truck.
I've noticed in Mumbai that garbage truck drivers seem to be in a hurry.. always!!

irrespective of age, they cut into traffic left and right, honk like mad and stop real close to your rear end (if they end up in a position where they cannot cut lanes to overtake).
Old 24th July 2011, 14:09   #8816
Senior - BHPian

OT
Bombay and for that matter Maharashtra is the only state where I have seen garbage trucks plying throughout the day and also parked along roadsides all over the city. Garbage collection and transportation is usually carried out in the dead hours/wee hours for reasons that have to do with hygiene, sanitation and convenience.
Old 24th July 2011, 17:25   #8817
BHPian

Quote:
An acccident involving nano in kerala and an auto. Nano doesn't look too bad, but all 4 in the car died after crashing with an autorikshaw !!!!

linky in mallu for the picture
Manorama Online | Malayalam News |=@@@

details in english
Manorama Online | Four die in Malappuram road accident=@@@
Newspaper reports say that few liquor bottles also were there in the nano. It is not clear whether the driver had consumed !
Old 24th July 2011, 20:00   #8818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
Newspaper reports say that few liquor bottles also were there in the nano. It is not clear whether the driver had consumed !
Update is 5 persons got killed, all of them passengers in the auto. Reports say, that the Nano was in breakneck speed and the overloaded auto rolled over many times, spilling the passengers in the impact.

Last edited by rajeev k : 24th July 2011 at 20:02.
Old 24th July 2011, 20:05   #8819
BHPian

An overturned Toyota Prado clicked by my friend. Damage seems to extensive. Parts of the roof caved in. Details are not clear. Still how it could overturn.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-suv.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-suv-3.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-suv-4.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-suv-1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-suv-2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-suv-5.jpg
Old 24th July 2011, 20:10   #8820
Senior - BHPian

Oops! Sorry guys, I didn't mean to say that 24yr old people cannot drive. I was only trying to say that the RTO is giving out licenses indiscriminately. I was well quite affected by the incident, so the previous statement. Sorry once again.

Most Viewed