Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2011, 16:49   #8836
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Thrown away into bushes 400 meters away? 400 meters is like almost half a kilometer, I am not too sure how a vehicle after colliding head on with a lorry (frontal portion crushed) could be "thrown" away 400 meters.

It is not always good to blame the departed in such incidents w/o knowing the facts. 80-100 kmph though not safe is definitely not dangerously unsafe.

So what did the lorry driver do?

Last edited by anilisanil : 26th July 2011 at 16:59.
Old 26th July 2011, 17:07   #8837
Senior - BHPian

a Volvo city bus plastered a Indicab to the side wall on the Domlur flyover this morning. caused a traffic jam for quite some time.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_mg_0945.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_mg_0946.jpg
Old 26th July 2011, 17:20   #8838
Senior - BHPian

Something definitely needs to be done in ECR. Seriously, this scenic beach road is turning out to be a death trap for the youngsters of Chennai. You have to go there on a weekend to see how idiotic and stupid our drivers really are. All the flashy cars and bikes of Chennai, which remain in garage till Fridays will fly past on both sides accompanied by the regular cars, MTC buses and trucks. All this happens in a two-lane road full of curves and blind corners. Most of the time, most of the vehicles will be occupying half of the opposite lane leaving absolutely no space for the oncoming traffic. The presence of so many resorts/bars just compounds the problem.

The other day, my friend's i20 was banged in the rear by an Innova which just could not stop in time in an emergency braking situation. When enquired, my friend found out that the guys in the Innova were all drunk and were returning home after a party. Since both cars were badly damaged, my friend could only manage to extract 1500 odd rupees from those morons.

Even I had a pretty bad experience in ECR last year when an Ikon hit my Santro from the rear. Luckily, the Santro's bumper returned to normalcy after a gentle push while the Ikon had a broken grille, headlights and radiator and the engine oil started leaking down onto the road.
arvi86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 17:51   #8839
BHPian

About the accident in ECR, heres a pic:
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2607caraccidentel.jpg

Courtesy ExpressBuzz and full article below:

Director Joshi
Old 26th July 2011, 18:54   #8840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
a Volvo city bus plastered a Indicab to the side wall on the Domlur flyover this morning. caused a traffic jam for quite some time.

Attachment 583263

Attachment 583264
Oh wow! You actually turned around in the middle of the flyover while driving to click the first image!
Old 26th July 2011, 19:05   #8841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooney View Post
Oh wow! You actually turned around in the middle of the flyover while driving to click the first image!
no. pointed the camera in that general direction and click.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 20:26   #8842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
About the accident in ECR, heres a pic:
Attachment 583270
The car looks like a Wagon R. If so, driving this at 100 kmph is an advance booking to meet Yamraj. I never dare to take my dad's Wagon R to 100+ speeds except for the break in period. One should know the limit of a car before trying such speeds. And more than that, the report says she borrowed the car from a friend. Should one be trying such speeds on a car which they don't even drive daily?

And as the usual procedure the truck driver gets arrested. The other day I read an accident report which claimed mistake of another vehicle going & hitting a truck and the driver was again arrested! For God's sake, just get rid of this law !

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th July 2011 at 20:45.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 23:42   #8843
Senior - BHPian

Three persons got killed at Ottappalam when the car in which they were traveling collided with a KSRTC bus. There is a spate of accidents happening now a days in these parts.
Old 27th July 2011, 12:01   #8844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
And as the usual procedure the truck driver gets arrested. The other day I read an accident report which claimed mistake of another vehicle going & hitting a truck and the driver was again arrested! For God's sake, just get rid of this law !
Exactly my view too. Firstly, I am wondering how did they arrive with the 100kmph figure.

Secondly, I really pity such situations, imagine two vehicle collide face to face. One driver does the mistake and other tries to save himself and somehow manages it.
Primarily, there is this phase of coming out of trauma of an accident, to add more pain to that one also gets arrested, just because the other driver lost his life.
No wonder, I have seen many cases where the truck driver just run off, ironically the law is ruthless to ones who survive
Old 28th July 2011, 01:07   #8845
BHPian

This happened in the rural area near Nagpur last week. A multi-axle truck loaded with onions overturned while negotiating a curve at high speeds. A Mahindra maxx ferring passengers came directly under the truck. 11 people lost their life on the spot. The maxx was crushed to much less than half its height (literally). The victims couldn't be rescued for a long time.
Old 28th July 2011, 10:29   #8846
BHPian

At least four people were burnt alive in an accident involving three trucks, including an oil tanker.

Four people burnt alive as trucks collide in Haryana
Old 28th July 2011, 10:57   #8847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
After every weekend, This thread is getting scarier.
I had gone in a tow truck once to retreive my friend's accident vehicle and remember chatting with the tow truck driver.
He was telling me that during weekends he works over time, because he has more cars to retreive.
The reasons for this are quite obvious though.

Anywways, Its the 1st anniversary of my M800 crash. (Again that was a weekend)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1996690
I still remember every second of that accident and the events before and after that.

Things that have changed me after that:
The trauma(imprinted for life),
The difficulties(for others as well as myself),
The tear drops(there's never a shortage with females around),
The blood drops(even though it was less),
The expenses(miniscule considering I'm alive to post this now)

I have learnt to be more careful, Most importantly I now use seatbelts everytime I sit behind the wheel.

Friends, wish me a very happy anniversary

I know I can afford to smile now but I just want to pass a message here.
WEAR SEATBELTS, WEAR HELMETS, DRIVE SAFE. BE AGGRESSIVE EVERYWHERE EXCEPT ON THE ROADS
Rightly said My Friend. Be aggressive but not while Driving.

But at times I loose my temper on the yellow board Indica's/ Sumo's and other cabs who jump signals at each and every junction and Honk endlessly.
I have had many arguments with the BMTC drivers while on my bike where they need to jump a signal and I am blocking their way waiting for the Green Signal.

BTW - Happy Anniversary - It's rather Sad that its 1 Year that you had a crash on your 800 where in you had to dump it in the yard.
But Happy on the other hand for your Awesome IB Punto as a replacement

Last edited by GTO : 29th July 2011 at 17:17. Reason: Merging as per your request
Pumpy_Raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 12:08   #8848
Senior - BHPian

Never really thought that I would be featured in this thread. But the inevitable has happened. My Laura had its first accident today. A biker rear ended me on the bypass road.
Damage is relatively less. Dent on the rear bumper. However, I am glad that the biker was wearing a helmet. After rear ending me, he fell on his right side, which is towards oncoming traffic. I shudder to think what could have happened, had he not worn a helmet.

@Tejas: A colleague of mine lost his uncle in that accident you mentioned. He was one of the passengers in that ill fated Maxx.
Old 28th July 2011, 12:52   #8849
Senior - BHPian

TOI has published this Photo of a Prius which met with an accident.

Source : Article Window

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-prius.jpg
Old 28th July 2011, 12:54   #8850
Senior - BHPian

How come this car was running without a number plate?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks