Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 01:38   #8881
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
hilarious accident video which is doing rounds in facebook and other such sites now
Serves them right!!.. Guess these types of videos should propagate more, so that the more morons like this get the right message.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 02:40   #8882
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't understand. Looks to me like the innocent people end up in the ditch, while the two wheeler idiot is just fine?
Old 1st August 2011, 06:46   #8883
BHPian

Quote:
hilarious accident video which is doing rounds in facebook and other such sites now
This is what generally happens. Remember the volvo accident (volvo returning from bangalore to kerala - happened a month or so back) causing death of many innocent people in a service bus ? This accident also was caused by a scooter guy suddenly 'appeared' from a side road

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st August 2011 at 12:05. Reason: Please DO NOT quoting large text, videos and pictures as it inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 07:17   #8884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He did all the planning of having a person record his stunts on a road but missed a important thing in his plan - helmet. And why do this on a road being used by other vehicles?

The interesting part of the incident was not captured. The auto fellow giving him a good pasting. I think the camera fellow must have vanished when this happened leaving the biker on his own.
Old 1st August 2011, 09:11   #8885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele

He did all the planning of having a person record his stunts on a road but missed a important thing in his plan - helmet. And why do this on a road being used by other vehicles?

The interesting part of the incident was not captured. The auto fellow giving him a good pasting. I think the camera fellow must have vanished when this happened leaving the biker on his own.
There's a funny comment by the fellow who is recording the video after the auto falls into the ditch.. If you understand Malayalam..
Old 1st August 2011, 09:50   #8886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's a funny comment by the fellow who is recording the video after the auto falls into the ditch.. If you understand Malayalam..
Translation please. I am dying to hear that.
Old 1st August 2011, 11:18   #8887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Me too
Would have been good to see the video continue till the moron biker gets a deserved bashing from the people in the auto!
Old 1st August 2011, 11:19   #8888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wish there was some other hidden cam capturing the whole scene, including what happens after the auto driver gets down from the auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Serves them right!!.. Guess these types of videos should propagate more, so that the more morons like this get the right message.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I don't understand. Looks to me like the innocent people end up in the ditch, while the two wheeler idiot is just fine?
Yes, you're absolutely right. But what goes without saying in this case is, the biker is sure to have been handled appropriately so that he'll think twice before he attempts anything similar on public roads
Old 1st August 2011, 11:25   #8889
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Me too
Would have been good to see the video continue till the moron biker gets a deserved bashing from the people in the auto!
ok, let me give it a try. The title goes something like "the route to a beating..". The comment is a bit difficult to explain, especially the associated punch. Still... loosely translated it means " got screwed by the water added to the milk"
vinjosep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 12:05   #8890
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this on the bypass today morning.
The result? A few kms of jam on both the sides. Was stuck in one place for almost an hour.

@Amitwlele was gracious enough and call me informing about the accident before hand, but then, no other option to reach office .
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident.jpg  

Old 1st August 2011, 12:13   #8891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
In this accident, please watch the condition of the front tyre of the car. It is almost thread-less. Using bald tyres in the front is very very dangerous, especially on wet roads.
Not arguing against the dangers of bald tyres but a minor correction there - from what I have read it's more important to have more grip at the rear than the fronts. Reason being - it's considered safer to lose traction at the front and control it than to lose it at the rear, in which case the vehicle could go into a spin and be more dangerous for everyone on the road.
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:38   #8892
Senior - BHPian

Alcohol and idiot friends are a very bad combination.
I do not have words for this lunatic.

25-yr-old stands atop moving SUV, falls to his death
TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bangalare: A picnic turned into a tragedy when a 25-year-old man, allegedly standing atop a moving sports utility vehicle (SUV), lost balance and fell to his death near Doddaballapur on Sunday.
Siddarth Narayan, an employee with a top private company, was returning from Nandi Hills with his colleagues and friends. The accident occurred near Moprahalli on Doddaballapur-Devanahalli highway at 5.30pm.
Siddarth sustained serious head injuries and was rushed to a hospital in Doddaballapur. He succumbed to injuries one hour later, police said. Liquor bottles were recovered from the SUV.
There were seven revellers, including two women, in the SUV (registration number HR 26 AL 3592). Siddarth’s friend Harsha Chowdhary was at the wheel.
Preliminary investigation revealed that Siddarth was standing on top of the vehicle when Harsha suddenly applied brakes. “We suspect Harsha was driving under the influence of alcohol. He braked on seeing a vehicle from the opposite direction. Siddarth, who was standing atop, was thrown off and sustained serious head injuries,” Doddaballapur police said.
Harsha has been arrested and the vehicle seized. Siddarth’s father works with a news agency in New Delhi.

Article Window
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:47   #8893
Distinguished - BHPian

Saddening.
Adding to it is the fact the men seem to be educated(working etc, so inferred) so must have basic intelligence, have money, and still do something like this, ie, getting drunk and standing on top of a moving car?
hell, thats not something you do even when sober!!

darwin at work, but still, cheap thrills, and look who suffers in the end.
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:08   #8894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Not arguing against the dangers of bald tyres but a minor correction there - from what I have read it's more important to have more grip at the rear than the fronts. Reason being - it's considered safer to lose traction at the front and control it than to lose it at the rear, in which case the vehicle could go into a spin and be more dangerous for everyone on the road.
The chances of a tyre burst increases as the thread in the tyre decreases. The bursting of one of the front tyres is almost sure to result in lose of control and accident. In the front, if the driver side tyre bursts, the vehicle will immediately get dragged to the right side which is very very dangerous while driving and can cause a direct collision with the vehicle coming opposite. The bursting of one of the rear tyres will not cause this kind of loosing control and hence less dangerous. (With the tubeless tyres, the possibility of tyre bursts have reduced.) Therefore, ENSURE THAT YOU ALWAYS USE GOOD TYRES IN THE FRONT. THE FRONT DRIVER SIDE TYRE MUST BE THE BEST.
This fact is against the common (wrong) public belief that good tyres should be put on the left side of the vehicle since it is the left side tyres which will meet with more bad roads and road 'edges'.
In my opinion, the road accident at ottappalam (kerala) which has started this discussion must have occured due to the tyre burst of the front driver side tyre while the car was moving at high speed. The car must have suddenly dragged to the right resulting in a direct fatal collision with the bus causing many deaths on the spot
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:15   #8895
Senior - BHPian

To put it in other words, have good tires on all 4 wheels, the best being in front. Its also advice to have a good tyre for your stepney too. Having bad tires in front or rear doesnt make any sense when it comes to safety. Remember, emergency braking/accidents can happen anytime, they do not give prior notice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks