Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:32   #8896
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
Therefore, ENSURE THAT YOU ALWAYS USE GOOD TYRES IN THE FRONT. THE FRONT DRIVER SIDE TYRE MUST BE THE BEST.
This fact is against the common (wrong) public belief that good tyres should be put on the left side of the vehicle since it is the left side tyres which will meet with more bad roads and road 'edges'.
Also, check the tyres manufactured/expiry date. Two years back, I read in the US of tyres shredding on high speeds and bursting. Typically, a dealer might sell tyres at discounted rates but hide the fact of expired item.
sgmitr13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 23:39   #8897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
To put it in other words, have good tires on all 4 wheels, the best being in front. Its also advice to have a good tyre for your stepney too. Having bad tires in front or rear doesnt make any sense when it comes to safety. Remember, emergency braking/accidents can happen anytime, they do not give prior notice.
It is very wrong that people prefer to have the best tyres in the front. This actually contradicts safety. The thumb rule is to have the best tyres in the rear, because rear is the one which maintains straight line, helps in effective braking and reduces skidding in event of emergency, your front is anyway going to skid/turn during hard braking, if rear tyres give way it makes matter worst.

Check this out
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=52

Last edited by krish82 : 2nd August 2011 at 23:44.
krish82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 09:53   #8898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Alcohol and idiot friends are a very bad combination.
I do not have words for this lunatic.
================
Article Window

This is seriously stupid to say the least. I clicked a similar idiotic act last month and am attaching it here.

Why do most idiotic accidents involve Gurgaon registered vehicles?
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00103201103251408.jpg  

rudder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:21   #8899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudder View Post
This is seriously stupid to say the least. I clicked a similar idiotic act last month and am attaching it here.

I cannot believe my eyes. What was that guy trying to do? Was he clinging to the door all the way or has he just come outside the window for a brief while or is this some shoot happening for a film and he is a stuntman?
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:23   #8900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What???

Is that a kid who is hanging out of that SUV? And I don't think idiocy is confined to a place or two, idiots are everywhere.

I recently read an article on how researchers came to a conclusion that humans have reached their maximum amount of cleverness. So we would not become any cleverer as it would require us to breathe much faster to cope up with the energy levels required for the processing. So tough days ahead for us to deal with this collective stupidity!

Last edited by anilisanil : 3rd August 2011 at 12:33.
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:31   #8901
BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps he has some middle east connection. Apparently, these kind of circus is their favorite sport on road. Youtube has scores of such videos.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:39   #8902
Senior - BHPian

It is probably a new kind of spoiler from one of the many self -proclaimed car designers around NCR
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:41   #8903
BHPian

Quote:

When I was in Gurgaon, I noticed a similar thing on the Delhi-Gurgaon Highway. The guy was hanging like this from the driver side while a girl was hanging from the passenger side. Both were shouting above their lungs. The even more scary thing was that the guy who was hanging was the driver too and this on a highway where people were mostly doing above 80 kmph. I was scared and thought I would see these people in the next day's papers. Thankfully, nothing happened.
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:09   #8904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
When I was in Gurgaon, I noticed a similar thing on the Delhi-Gurgaon Highway. The guy was hanging like this from the driver side while a girl was hanging from the passenger side. Both were shouting above their lungs. The even more scary thing was that the guy who was hanging was the driver too and this on a highway where people were mostly doing above 80 kmph. I was scared and thought I would see these people in the next day's papers. Thankfully, nothing happened.

I have witnessed a similar incident on the Delhi-Gurgaon Highway. I was driving towards Delhi at about 70 to 75 kmph on the fast lane. Just before Dhaula Kuan an Innova overtook me from the wrong side. There were around 7 youngsters in the car who were smoking, shouting, laughing, hanging their bodies out of the windows etc. I normally ignore such incidents but what caught my attention was that there were two girls in the middle row who were trying to get out of the window and shake hands over the cars roof. All this in a car moving around 70.
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:28   #8905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I cannot believe my eyes. What was that guy trying to do? Was he clinging to the door all the way or has he just come outside the window for a brief while or is this some shoot happening for a film and he is a stuntman?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
What???

Is that a kid who is hanging out of that SUV? And I don't think idiocy is confined to a place or two, idiots are everywhere.

I recently read an article on how researchers came to a conclusion that humans have reached their maximum amount of cleverness. So we would not become any cleverer as it would require us to breathe much faster to cope up with the energy levels required for the processing. So tough days ahead for us to deal with this collective stupidity!

This guy came out of the rear door and was standing outside the driver's cabin. I think he was trying to shoot a clip or something. Best part was that the SUV was being driven by a lady who was busy with her make-up while driving.
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:34   #8906
BHPian

Quote:
I have witnessed a similar incident on the Delhi-Gurgaon Highway. I was driving towards Delhi at about 70 to 75 kmph on the fast lane. Just before Dhaula Kuan an Innova overtook me from the wrong side. There were around 7 youngsters in the car who were smoking, shouting, laughing, hanging their bodies out of the windows etc. I normally ignore such incidents but what caught my attention was that there were two girls in the middle row who were trying to get out of the window and shake hands over the cars roof. All this in a car moving around 70.
Darwins law will catch up.
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:57   #8907
BHPian

Quote:

Such stuntmen (idiots) are also seen on MTC buses here in Chennai during rush hours. They will hang on (for dear life!) just by holding the rods/grills on the windows of buses and also footboard for no reason! It's a nightmare for you while you are trying to overtake such buses in a car or a bike. Imagine if those guys slip in front of your vehicle!?
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:49   #8908
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Wet roads+Sudden Braking+No ABS = Recipe for Accident!
A 5 car pile-up on the Bandra-Worli Sealink today. My Swift was bang in the middle of it & was damaged. This happened at the Worli end where there are 2 lanes on either side. The AC bus on the left lane swerved a little bit and the Qualis in the right lane braked hard and so did the others. My estimate is that my driver was doing about 45-55kmph when the accident happened.
Thankfully everyone in all the 5 cars was safe. My leg hit the lower part of the dashboard.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-030820111427.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-030820111426.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-030820111428.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-030820111429.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-030820111430.jpg
Surprisingly not much damage to the rear!

Had uploaded the 1st pic on my facebook profile & 3 people liked the pic.
Old 3rd August 2011, 23:41   #8909
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^ Any idea whats going to be the damage to the pocket? Also in such a case does the guys at the rear pay of the damages to the guy in the front?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Had uploaded the 1st pic on my facebook profile & 3 people liked the pic.
Probably they liked it because the damage is only "this much". Or else they liked it because you are safe.

But its become a trend to "like" all comments or pics uploaded in FB.
Old 3rd August 2011, 23:53   #8910
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
^^^ Any idea whats going to be the damage to the pocket? Also in such a case does the guys at the rear pay of the damages to the guy in the front?
Technically i believe yes! But we all went our separate ways after the accident. One should always maintain a safe distance though from the car ahead. Noted down the number of the 1st car the Qualis because of whom the accident occured.
No idea about damages! Feeling a bit shaken as it was my 1st time experience in an accident.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks