Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2011, 12:59   #8941
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Another one noticed this morning on inner ring road leading to kormangala right after domlur flyover (in front of ashirwad electronic store). An indicab had rear ended a logan, taxi again. Indicab had a crumpled bonnet and there was some damage to the logan as well. Sorry, no pics here either since it was peak hour traffic.
saw that beige colour Loagan parked on the side about 100mts after the Domlur flyover. the back right side was crumpled. no pictures as i was riding and traffic was dense.
Old 10th August 2011, 14:23   #8942
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday night I saw a black SX4 crashed into a big tree on the narrow and winding road on the shores of Bellandur lake. I could not understand how a car had turned at right angles to the road and crashed.
Even though the road is full of curves, most people push their cars as fast as they can go, resulting in drifting into oncoming traffic, or going off the road.
This SX4's fate was either due to such poor driving, or due to an attempt to avoid a head on collision with a careless driver.
By the way, was it not on this stretch that a Punto had gone into the lake, killing the guy sitting on the bonnet?
Old 10th August 2011, 14:32   #8943
BHPian

^^ yeah. It's the same road which took the Punto out.

Beautiful road to enjoy driving - with no speed breakers. But could get too tempting to push beyond limits. New drivers may find it difficult to control the urge.

Last edited by ch.nathan : 10th August 2011 at 14:33.
Old 10th August 2011, 15:06   #8944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post

Beautiful road to enjoy driving - with no speed breakers. But could get too tempting to push beyond limits. New drivers may find it difficult to control the urge.
This road has a lot of blind curves and I find people driving at speeds that are not suitable for this road daily. Earlier this road used to be a pleasure to drive in, but these days lots of people use this road to avoid the ORR and this has made this road quite dangerous due to the people who don't realise how dangerously they are driving. I have seen so many impatient people who try to overtake on those narrow blind curves without knowing if there are vehicles coming from the other side.
Old 10th August 2011, 16:04   #8945
BHPian

A crazy thing happened this morning.
While on my way to office in my ThunderBird near Sujatha theatre Okalipuram, a white swift came next to me and his side view mirror hit the end of my handle bar. as the car was with 3 women and a guy driving I told him not to hap-hazardously drive which then hurt the driver's ego so much that he just banged my bike again... (this was really a sickening experience). so near Okalipuram junction I spoke to the traffic inspector who stopped this car and asked the driver to get down.
Then came the 3 women out of the car telling that it was I who hit their car first and practically pulling my jacket. when I remember that, even now I feel, do we have such sort of hooligan women around us?. it was really nasty the inspector looking at this asked me to raise a complaint at the station.
after this I came to the office and have raised a complaint on the BTP site.
need to see what happens next.....
Old 10th August 2011, 19:31   #8946
Distinguished - BHPian

Found this on FB.

The Malayalam translation is: "This is Audi" and "Tipper's central bolt(slang) was flattened"

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident.jpg
Old 10th August 2011, 19:42   #8947
BHPian

^^ Looks like the Audi tried to overtake and the Tempo turned right at the same time.
Old 10th August 2011, 20:26   #8948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMUDRA View Post
came next to me and his side view mirror hit the end of my handle bar.
I too ride a bike to work with some basic armor and come across this a lot. Not just from cars, other motorcycles and auto's. I have not been hit like what you went through but the little brushing has to happen. I ignore them. In my case, I have long hair and ride mostly with a plaited pony tail. People think I am some chick riding a motorcycle. They can't tell cause my helmet visor is tinted. You can now imagine what happens. Watching people's reaction from under my lid is a experience that I wish I could record and upload here.

Next time a woman pulls your jacket in a argument, slap her and tell her you don't like being touched. Nobody has a right to touch you for anything.

I know this is wrong but such is the condition of Bangalore traffic that you have no other go. If somebody brushes you, you brush back at them. Fit one of those over sized crash guards. If anyone tries to act smart or brushes against you, just return the cuddle and take off.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 10th August 2011 at 20:28. Reason: missed a word
Old 10th August 2011, 22:31   #8949
Senior - BHPian

This happened yesterday night. First it appeared that the Force Trump lost control and hit the wall, but it has carried a motorbike also with it. The picture is not clear due to reflections off the windshield.
The fate of the biker is not known.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-10082011518.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 10th August 2011 at 22:33.
Old 10th August 2011, 22:40   #8950
BHPian

The audi has been posted before in this thread
Old 10th August 2011, 22:46   #8951
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Next time a woman pulls your jacket in a argument, slap her and tell her you don't like being touched. Nobody has a right to touch you for anything.
Please refrain from this. Two reasons

1. People who man handle a lady are not known to deserve to be a "guy" and we all want that respect to be considered a "man" right ?

2. Things will change and you will end up being on the wrong side. Trust me, no one will entertain you for slapping a lady & you could end up being in jail / court for this.

Instead scream at them - use strict language; that should be enough to induce some scare into a lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I know this is wrong but such is the condition of Bangalore traffic that you have no other go. If somebody brushes you, you brush back at them. Fit one of those over sized crash guards. If anyone tries to act smart or brushes against you, just return the cuddle and take off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMUDRA View Post
While on my way to office in my ThunderBird near Sujatha theatre Okalipuram, a white swift came next to me and his side view mirror hit the end of my handle bar. as the car was with 3 women and a guy driving I told him not to hap-hazardously drive which then hurt the driver's ego so much that he just banged my bike again... (this was really a sickening experience).
Just think that if he brushes your car, he is going to be a bigger loser. So the damage is already done by that guy to himself. And if they are cultured, they would immediately say a "sorry" for that. Else be ready to fight it out with the guys.

I had couple of instances where people ended up brushing my arms [when I was on a bike] and someone who brushed my car's ORVM. Some of them duly apologized. Some people just sped away before I could wind down my windows. Even a rick did it two days back and he rode away before I could react.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th August 2011 at 22:50.
Old 11th August 2011, 10:04   #8952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Things will change and you will end up being on the wrong side.
I agree. However, the law must favor me as well. Nobody has a right to touch you for anything.

I maybe a little different. My behavior as a gentleman stays until someone tries to act stupid and I could not care less if the receiving end is a man or a woman.
Old 11th August 2011, 11:54   #8953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Yesterday night I saw a black SX4 crashed into a big tree on the narrow and winding road on the shores of Bellandur lake. I could not understand how a car had turned at right angles to the road and crashed.
Even though the road is full of curves, most people push their cars as fast as they can go, resulting in drifting into oncoming traffic, or going off the road.
This SX4's fate was either due to such poor driving, or due to an attempt to avoid a head on collision with a careless driver.
By the way, was it not on this stretch that a Punto had gone into the lake, killing the guy sitting on the bonnet?
Saw another accident today on this road. This time it was 2 indicas which collided almost head on ( how stupid can you drive to be hitting head on ). It was just like I had said earlier. People trying to overtake on narrow roads with blind curves without even knowing what is on the other side of the road. I was on a bike so I escaped the inevitable traffic jam that would have followed this.
I think most of the guys who drive don't even know how to take a turn. They always take the racing line instead of following the lane while taking a turn or on a curve .
Old 11th August 2011, 12:10   #8954
BHPian

SandeepMohan,

There is a term in Indian law which states "Outraging the Modesty of a women"

a brief explanation from The Hindu new's paper

"In a significant ruling, the Supreme Court has held that the modesty of a girl is outraged the moment a man touches her body with criminal intention. "The ultimate test for ascertaining whether the modesty of a woman has been outraged, assaulted or insulted is when the action of the offender should be such that it may be perceived as one which is capable of shocking the sense of decency of a woman."

so it's always advisable best to complain the matter to the police than taking the law into your own hands. in my case even though a police SI was standing next to me, he could not do anything as a male counterpart he too cannot touch the women. and people like those women will use it to their advantage even when they are on the wrong side.
Old 11th August 2011, 12:38   #8955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Yes, thats how it should be. But the problem is, these days people almost take it as an insult to be overtaken. Their ego just does not allow them to let others pass them. THere are numerous occasions where I have seen people driving normally on the highway. But the moment they see a car closing in on them in their rear view mirrors they speed up and put up a serious resistance to being overtaken. Their behaviour is so unpredictable that their sudden change in driving style throws off all overtaking calculations like speed of vehicle being overtaken, speed of oncoming vehicle etc.... Esp with diesel cars I can clearly make out that the guy is flooring his pedal , since his tailpipe suddenly throws out a blast of black smoke.

On one occassion an Innova cab driver was so insulted at being overtaken that he used all his rash driving skills to get past me and then refused to give me side when I wanted to pass him . He then tailgated a car in front and suddenly veered off to the left. This guy had the darkest tints on and I just couldn't see that he had a car so close in front of him. I had to use all my driving skills and the good handling abilities of my Laura to get out of that lane and avoid crashing into that car. All this was at 130 kph + . He actually did it on purpose. My wife said she saw him grinning when I finally managed to pass him. .
I can understand your frustration, but no offense my dear friend, you were also breaking law by driver over 130+ kph, then how can you blame the Cab driver alone? Whether it is a single carriage way or dual it is way over the legal speed limit.
Human life is more important than one's ego,

Most Viewed