Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2011, 15:17   #8971
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Two bikes were racing with each other crossing a crowded junction at dusk with speedo definitely not less than 60-80 kmph. An old man who attempted to cross the road, walked few steps back seeing a mad biker zig zag movements...as he took few steps backward the other racing bike brushed past his sleeve zooming behind leaving him stunned for a moment. Few kms down, seen these guys parked the vehicle on one corner for a smoke.

Was told that driver of FIGO was on complete right lane in an overtake attempt & was not able to get back to his lane as the car went straight into an state transport bus
Saw this vehicle while driving to Pondy on Saturday morning. Seems bunch of kids from an engg college were racing to Pondy in their new Figos and one of the cars collided head on with a staff bus from Kalpakkam Nuclear Power Plant coming towards Chennai. 2 kids died on the spot and 3 others in ICU. Wonder how kids get cars for the entire weekend...
Old 12th August 2011, 15:48   #8972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Next time a woman slaps you during an argument, go ahead and slap her back.
Never said that dude. Just wanted to know how would you react if a female person assaulted you for no fault of yours. Since you seem to justify the misandric laws that are prevelant in this country, it will be interesting to know your reaction.
Old 12th August 2011, 16:11   #8973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Never said that dude. Just wanted to know how would you react if a female person assaulted you for no fault of yours. Since you seem to justify the misandric laws that are prevelant in this country, it will be interesting to know your reaction.
Its very subjective and at times I have stopped my wifey from getting down from the bike/ car to slap auto drivers or helmet-less Rossi wannabes who have skidded to a halt 3 inches away from an MTC bus/ IT company bus on ECR n OMR. Road rage is a reality but " ek to h chori upaar se sina-jori" is quite common in North India( my wifey is a bong from Kanpur who worked and stayed in East Delhi so gets the northie spirits of fighting on the road).
In Bangalore I was once almost rear-ended by a Getz full of college-girls singing along to "Zombie" at full blast. Got an earful from them for not riding fast enough( on a Yamaha RX). Its not the sex of the driver/ offender/ slapper but the lack of judgement and herd mentality that often causes a lot of fights on the road. Plus bikers usually get all the **** from autos, buses, cars,garbage trucks wat nots.
My 2 cents
Old 12th August 2011, 18:48   #8974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahead View Post
.... Plus bikers usually get all the **** from autos, buses, cars,garbage trucks wat nots.
My 2 cents

I can not disagree with everything else you wrote (especially being a North Indian, and actually beating up autowallahs of Bangalore). But this last thing - come and drive for a day in Hyderabad - bikers usually give the **** to everyone else.

In fact from what I remember of Bangalore 2 yrs ago (must be worse now) bikers were the worst on the road - the average biker was worse than the average auto guy (though worst auto guys would trump almost everyone else - and are noticed easily).
Old 12th August 2011, 20:44   #8975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahead View Post
Road rage is a reality but " ek to h chori upaar se sina-jori" is quite common in North India( my wifey is a bong from Kanpur who worked and stayed in East Delhi so gets the northie spirits of fighting on the road).
Do you consider this Northie spirit of fighting on the roads a positive trait? Just asking.
Old 13th August 2011, 17:30   #8976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Do you consider this Northie spirit of fighting on the roads a positive trait? Just asking.
Nope...PREVENTED is the operative word here
Old 16th August 2011, 14:46   #8977
BHPian

I was in Mohali this past weekend. During the morning walk I came across this accident. Can't quite fathom the reason of the crash.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pic-2.jpg  

Old 16th August 2011, 16:09   #8978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudder View Post
I was in Mohali this past weekend. During the morning walk I came across this accident. Can't quite fathom the reason of the crash.
Do not see the 'L' board but could it be a learning driver taking the road less traveled .
Old 16th August 2011, 16:14   #8979
BHPian

Fate of a Beemer, when in wrong hands. Happened at 9.30 today morning, on the infamous ORR, Gachibowli, where the people driving tend to rip as fast as they can and ending up being a lump of crushed metal. The underbody seems to be ripped out of place, could not clearly capture it but the underbody was lying low and with all the wires peeping out from the underbody.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident-2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img437.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img439.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img440.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img441.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img442.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img443.jpg
Old 16th August 2011, 16:54   #8980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Do not see the 'L' board but could it be a learning driver taking the road less traveled .
On the contrary, it seems to be the handiwork of an expert. how did this car reach the pole without damaging the trees?!
Old 16th August 2011, 17:27   #8981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
On the contrary, it seems to be the handiwork of an expert. how did this car reach the pole without damaging the trees?!
I see there is an evil ploy. Someone who is very jealous of the alto took it for a drive and did that thing intentionally.

On a serious note, I think the alto entered the footpath at the very beginning. It is otherwise impossible to get on that foot path w/o any damage to the wheels. It requires a bit of hard work, some precision and a lot of alcohol to end up like this
Old 16th August 2011, 19:44   #8982
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2011 at 21:02.
taranonline is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th August 2011, 21:42   #8983
Senior - BHPian

Witnessed a bike accident on my way home today. On my way home (new Infopark road, for those who know), there is a dangerous crest as shown by the black lines in the picture below.

Name:  Untitled.gif
Views: 4746
Size:  2.7 KB

Now, this is a very deceptive piece of road - it will unsettle your vehicle if you are not careful. I usually take it in 2nd gear.

Today, just as I was about 50m away from this portion of the road, a bike guy overtook me. I was doing barely 60, so he wasn't going too fast. But anyway, the next thing I see is this guy literally "flying" as shown by the red line. He seemed to land still upright, but I guess he landed too close to the other edge. He lost his balance and had a hard fall. Luckily for him, he was wearing a helmet. I stopped to check if he's okay. He seemed to have a few cuts on his face and hands. He seemed a bit dazed, but was talking sensibly. On of the guys who gathered seemed to be a friend of his and he offered to take the guy to the hospital.
Old 16th August 2011, 21:44   #8984
BHPian

Alto rotated after the crash as per the tyre marks in first pic as they are coming from the road side.
The speed does not seem to be very as the damage is very less,might be around 20-30 at impact
As for foot path impact, the front wheel seem to have intruded a bit
Old 16th August 2011, 23:41   #8985
Senior - BHPian

on my way home from Ulsoor, i saw a white Maruti Zen in a bad shape on the Assaye road. looked like that accident happened between 9:30pm and 11pm (i passed that way at 9:30 and that Zen wasn't there). the rear looked alright, but the front part was a bit mangled and glass pieces all over the road. most probable cause - the driver hit the divider; visibility was low due to rains.

no pictures.

Most Viewed