Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2011, 15:55   #9211
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

5 dead in two seperate accidents in Kerala. One occured when a truck rammed into the back of Bus at a bus stop, and the second occured when a car and a truck collided.

Manorama News
Old 14th September 2011, 20:15   #9212
Senior - BHPian

Re: ORR, Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
I don't understand one simple question when dozens of people can spend several lakhs on the bikes, lakhs on betting and in Azhar's son's case it seems the bet was for 5 lakhs and they lack a basic ground rule
Like father like son?!

Quote:
Hyderabad has been witnessing lot of illegal street racing in the recent times, I wish there was a racing track for these "need for speed guys" where they can pay and perform at least there would be some place which is meant for real racing which has got safety feature also.
why Hyd along, Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai and other cities too have contracted this illness (racing on the streets) with some fatal consequences as well - Riders trying to escape police flagging and lose control / Riders ramming into the cops etc.

And this disease seems incurable and is only spreading.
Old 14th September 2011, 20:21   #9213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Like father like son?!

why Hyd along, Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai and other cities too have contracted this illness (racing on the streets) with some fatal consequences as well - Riders trying to escape police flagging and lose control / Riders ramming into the cops etc.

You are right Shubz, this is going to become an epidemic one day, it's silly when people don't care about anything even their life which is on stake, for now we can only wait and watch, hey I love your signature "It's not mud, it's jeeps beauty cream" .
Old 14th September 2011, 20:26   #9214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are right Shubz, this is going to become an epidemic one day, it's silly when people don't care about anything even their life which is on stake, for now we can only wait and watch, hey I love your signature "It's not mud, it's jeeps beauty cream" .
Thanks Chanu.

Hyderabad changes road rules after Azhar's son's accident - So Hyd roads are safe now? Now that racing is banned? Secondly - was it un-banned all this time (as in legal?)
Old 15th September 2011, 08:52   #9215
Senior - BHPian

Saw a red Indica in flames just opposite Praj. Lots of black smoke coming up while the owner was watching helplessly, I did not have a fire extinguisher in my car so did not stop. While the occupants are safe, the car does not seem to be stopping from burning itself out, it is just a matter of time. Wonder what went wrong? Sorry no pics as I was the only one driving.

Last edited by anilisanil : 15th September 2011 at 08:54.
Old 15th September 2011, 09:27   #9216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Like father like son?!

yes this menace is spreading everywhere, here in Bokaro steel city,only last week police was called in market at 10PM because 5-6 boys were doing stunts on pain road leading to crowd. the road is surrounded by many girls hostels so this thing happens here occasionally and unfortunately my clinic is also situated on same road.
Old 15th September 2011, 10:13   #9217
Distinguished - BHPian

Someone mentioned this:
".....Azhar's son's case it seems the bet was for 5 lakhs......"

what was this??
somehing going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
yes this menace is spreading everywhere, here in Bokaro steel city,only last week police was called in market at 10PM because 5-6 boys were doing stunts on pain road leading to crowd. the road is surrounded by many girls hostels so this thing happens here occasionally and unfortunately my clinic is also situated on same road.

OT: Doc, your clinic is on pain road?
awesome location sir!
Old 15th September 2011, 10:20   #9218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Someone mentioned this:

what was this??
somehing going on?

OT: Doc, your clinic is on pain road?
awesome location sir!
my mistake for typo it's main road, but (sorry for being OT, can't control it) The road is real pain road as it has many doctors and nursing home, so in pain people come here and even if you are young and have a heart pain you come here for finding remedy
drsnt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 13:14   #9219
BHPian

Got to witness a freaky incident yesterday. It happened at around 5 in the evening when an interstate KA registered bus had left the bus stand to proceed towards its destination suddenly had its front windshield crashing down. The bus had just left the bus stand and fortunately it was following traffic so it hadn't caught upon much speed yet. The bus was just about to cross me on the other lane when I hear a pop just like a balloon burst and I see the windshield comes crashing down falling into bits directly into the face of the driver. the bus driver closed his eyes and slammed the brakes.

What I do not understand is that how can it happen, first of all it was a non AC bus so the were no temperature differences and also it was as I had said ,5 in the evening.
Old 15th September 2011, 13:45   #9220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Someone mentioned this:

what was this??
somehing going on?
Yes that's true. primarily drag races with bets on speed record also. Funnily today i was driving on the ORR and found cops at multiple points catching two wheelers who were driving splendors and pulsars.
Old 15th September 2011, 16:39   #9221
BHPian

This was taken at Thamarassery Churam ( wayanad-Calicut ghat section) ..

It was a head on with another truck on a hairpin curve
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-100_3077.jpg  

Old 15th September 2011, 18:55   #9222

Quote:
The Hyderabad ORR is actually built to some very good standards technically. I frequently drive in US and whenever i am on the ORR i feel i am in US. Its that good to be frank.BUT there are some issues at certain ramps where the roads merge. I have noticed a lot of sand coming onto the main road through the ramps at the point of merger. This is OK for cars at any speeds but for bikes doing 200+ and negotiating a curve this can be dangerous.
Seriously are you suggesting that cars can go at any speed ?? in excess of 200+ ??

The roads may be OK, but what about the drivers, do you think they are capable of handling cars at excessive speeds ??

But racing tracks are a different matter, these tracks are designed for high speeds and cars running on them are expected to run at such speeds, also you do not expect other traffic (coming from opposite direction) in these tracks.

Similarly racing cars are designed for high speeds. But most commercially available cars are not designed for such conditions. Most important of all, the drivers are trained to handle crisis at such high speeds.

Perhaps in the US, such high speeds may be normal, but traffic/road conditions are different here.

thanks
a
Old 15th September 2011, 20:13   #9223
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
What I do not understand is that how can it happen, first of all it was a non AC bus so the were no temperature differences and also it was as I had said ,5 in the evening.
Madgaon prasar re? Roste piddyar zhalla mare. Fondkulan gello aastolo, chaC bend zhali ani phut.

Translated (Konkani to English): Is this at Margao Bustand? Roads are gone bad there. Must have gone into the major potholes and chassis must have bend and the glass shattered due to the flex.
Old 15th September 2011, 21:47   #9224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbj2 View Post
Seriously are you suggesting that cars can go at any speed ?? in excess of 200+ ??

The roads may be OK, but what about the drivers, do you think they are capable of handling cars at excessive speeds ??

But racing tracks are a different matter, these tracks are designed for high speeds and cars running on them are expected to run at such speeds, also you do not expect other traffic (coming from opposite direction) in these tracks.

Similarly racing cars are designed for high speeds. But most commercially available cars are not designed for such conditions. Most important of all, the drivers are trained to handle crisis at such high speeds.

Perhaps in the US, such high speeds may be normal, but traffic/road conditions are different here.

thanks
a
NO, speeding is not safe and definitely not 200+ even with cars that are capable of it. I meant that for these "Need For Speed" guys who do 200+ for a drag race (which is illegal anyway) small bumps and sand on the ORR means disaster waiting to happen and thereby risking lives.

On another note i generally do 120 and sometimes crank up 140 on the ORR and have seen some exotics pass by like as if i am doing 60 kmph. Perhaps we should ask them if they are trained for doing such speeds in India.
Old 15th September 2011, 23:06   #9225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Is this at Margao Bustand? Roads are gone bad there. Must have gone into the major potholes and chassis must have bend and the glass shattered due to the flex.
Not possible cause it had left the bus stand and had just reached the location where the new hospital is coming up, the road is good from there but I guess what you said might have caused the problem. the good thing was that the problem occurred within the city itself ,would've gone completely wrong if the bus was on a slope or at the ghats or something cause the glass fell in the drivers cabin and he had to close his eyes while braking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks