Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:05   #9376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK
yesterday evening when returning from home i got nudged!

i was in front of BDA complex 3rd block Koramangala, waiting at the signal. that's a three lane road which usually gets converted to four or sometimes five lane road. as the signal goes green, i start moving and all of a sudden there is a thud! i look back and i see a black Indica had hit my car on the right back. i slow down and gesture the driver to pull over to the left. i too pull to the side, put on the hazard lights and get down from the car.

one look and the impact doesn't seem to be much. the Indica just scraped the right rear wheel arch. i wait for the guys in the Indica to get out and i speak to them in God's own language (the vehicle was from Palakkad). i ask the driver where was he looking when driving the car; he said he came to the left when the Omni beside him swerved to the left.

i looked at my car, looked at the driver and thought i'll just let it go. no point unnecessarily dragging the issue. before parting i told the driver of the Indica that next time someone swerves into him, brake instead of going sideways! this time if was me; next time it could be a family on a two wheeler and they could really get hurt.

end of story
Looks like the damage was more than met the eye. Next day when the security of our building wax cleaning the car he found some marks on the alloy that weren't there previously. He brought it to my notice when I went to take the car out. I checked and found that three of the five spokes were scratched; one of them so badly that the coating had come off! I was so when I saw this, there wasn't much that could be done. Fortunately, there was no damage on the tyre.

Sigh
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:07   #9377
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
Except for the car, no other damage from my side. Even the car damage was restricted to the body. The cabin roof, passenger side A and B pillars along with both the doors were replaced. There was some damage to the engine bonnet due to firefighters climbing on top of it to cut down the tree.

Everything was taken care of by the Insurance Company. Total cost of repairs came to about 75K of which i had to shell out @5K. I must mention that the car was not even an year old, so not much depreciation. IMO the insurance covers everything from accidental damage to natural calamities (It is mentioned in the Insurance cover note, if you can go through it)

Also the Tata service center here in Goa did a pathetic job of rebuilding the car. During painting of the car, they painted all the metal parts and sone rubber components in the cabin too. The whole of cabin now has traces of the red paint. And to make matters worse, a white Safari was being painted just next to my car. Now my car Interiors are a mix of red and white paint traces. This must be the worst Service center in the whole of India.

This is the pic of the C pillar plastic cladding which has come off.
Sorry for all that has happened to your car, initially the tree fell on your car which is real shocking to me till today and the the service rendered by the TATA guys at Goa. I guess you must be repenting for the both what has happened to your car. I can understand how it feels even after spending big bucks you don't get a professional work done. Even my jeep when met with a small accident got tinkering done properly but the painter messed it up at the last moment and he has no courtesy to feel bad that what he has done to my jeep. He painted a white Armada next to my jeep parts due to which there are traces of white paint on my jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Got this from FB, no idea how it hapened!
Courtesy : Siddharth Sanapathi.
with the cost of repair the Audi has to go through I guess a brand new Eicher can be brought, imagine if the decision was given like this let the Audi guy fix the truck and the Eicher guy fix the Audi, then the Eicher owner has to sell himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsoneja View Post
I had the chance to see the Redbull F1 car yesterday in action at Rajpath in New delhi, Today while passing by the same intersection ( Rajpath and Janpath ) saw this accident, Seems like the Yeti was the culptrit and the poor Maruti Van has taken hell of a beating. It also had visible blood stains and signs of being rolled over. It is unfortunate to see peoplle drive like this and cause these kind of incidents.

Going by the people and photographers present seems like i was there shortly after the accident. Will know of any fatalities only tomorrow. Sure to be in the paper just because of the location. This is bang in between the Rashtrapati Bhavan and India Gate.

Pics will tell the story.
This is so scary I feel very sad for the passengers, someones negligence has made this mess, can't imagine the plight of the passengers hope and pray are should be well soon. I advise these vehicles are to be kept the same way on the pavement or somewhere where it catches attention of the road users to set a perfect example of what worse can happen do to negligence.
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:45   #9378
BHPian

RedBull give you wings

Acident in front of NIT Trichy(Not sure if its true,got from a FB friend)

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-306340_227916300596103_100001332055972_544570_6446586_n.jpg
crazybiker46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 19:14   #9379
BHPian

Holy cow that no where seems to be an act of mistake.
Its seems a sheer act of excellence.
Even the best person may find it tricky to land dezire in such a balanced platform.
Kuddos to the driver.
Jokes apart. i wonder what the driver was upto.
Probably amalgamation of extreme speeds with frustration of life with alcohol acting as catalyst.
Hope all well with the driver.
Old 3rd October 2011, 19:56   #9380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmessiah View Post
Hey I ve seen this same pic on your FB. Was this a recent sighting?

Hello messiah

Yes, about a month and half.
Old 3rd October 2011, 20:21   #9381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
RedBull give you wings

Mate you have posted it in the wrong thread. This should be in the jokes thread.

This is hilarious. Eventhough it is a accident pic cannot control my laughter. I hope nobody was hurt. Looking at the snap looks unlikely that anyone would have got seriously injured.
Old 3rd October 2011, 20:56   #9382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
RedBull give you wings
Does this imply that Maruti Dzire has a good centre of gravity and can be balanced on narrow edges?!! Also, how did the driver get down and shut the door without the car falling off? !!!!
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 21:54   #9383
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess the Dzire was performing 'a tight rope walk' or was it 'a tight divider run'?

I have seen several such accidents but the divider was between 1/2 to 1 feet in all the cases. This accident seems unique with a more unique outcome
Old 3rd October 2011, 23:00   #9384
BHPian

Re: Nano Accident In Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
TV news reports that there was a Nano Car accident at Udayamperoor near Thripunithura (Kochi). The Nano car collided with a fully loaded truck at about 08.30 am today. Mr. Ajaikumar from Mangalath House, Muhamma near Alappuzha died in the accident. Another person (child ?) Vishnu is very serious in the hospital. One more person Sheeja is also injured and in the hospital. It seems that that Nano car was overtaking another vehicle and it lost control and collided with the truck. The picture of the nano car was shown in TV. It was totally damaged. It looks like a Nano CX. Color is Red. All the above info were written based on a glance on the TV news. More accurate info will be known soon.
Detailed report has come in the news paper. Today evening, I have seen the accident spot also. It is in a two-lane road. Father and Mother were going to the residence of a colleague to invite them for their daughter's marriage. The accident happened just in front of the colleague's house. The house was on the right side of the road. The nano was trying to move towards the right side of the road to turn to the house. Suddenly, the fully loaded truck has come from the front by overtaking a bus, it seems. It was a direct collision and the condition of the car indicates the impact of the collision !!! I think, instead of nano, even if it was a honda city, then also the occupants would have suffered serious injuries... May be, a bigger car would have saves the lives...
Three persons were in the car. 1) Mr. Ajaikumar and 2) Mrs Sheeja Ajaikumar. They are the parents of the bride. Ajai's brother's son Vishnu (23 years) was driving the car. Ajaikumar lost his life on the spot and vishnu died in the hospital. Mrs Sheeja Ajaikumar is in the hospital with severe injuries. Since it was late in the evening and my mobile was not having a flash, I could not take photos. It is heart-breaking to see many marriage invitation cards still spread inside the car.
Mr. Ajaikumar was a foreman in the Electronic Assembly section of KELTRON, AROOR. The car was a Red Nano CX purchased in 2010 November.

Last edited by KMohanan : 3rd October 2011 at 23:03.
Old 3rd October 2011, 23:13   #9385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
RedBull give you wings

Attachment 820485
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Mate you have posted it in the wrong thread. This should be in the jokes thread.

This is hilarious. Eventhough it is a accident pic cannot control my laughter. I hope nobody was hurt. Looking at the snap looks unlikely that anyone would have got seriously injured.
+1. this is the funniest accident picture i've seen so far on this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
how did the driver get down and shut the door without the car falling off? !!!!
i think he might have had a ejector seat (inspired from Goldfinger of course)

jokes apart, the divider is actually two pieces of railing (about a feet apart) where the car is sitting and that's why it's able to balance and not fall down.
Old 3rd October 2011, 23:18   #9386
Senior - BHPian

Damage to powertrain is evident from the oil leak in the dzire(the NIT trichy accident). The front of the car will show actual damages.
Old 4th October 2011, 07:11   #9387
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nano Accident In Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
Detailed report has come in the news paper...., instead of nano, even if it was a honda city, then also the occupants would have suffered serious injuries... May be, a bigger car would have saves the lives...
I saw the remains of the Nano yesterday. Was very sad indeed. There were contrasting reports That part of the road has some pot holes which would definitely upset a speeding Nano.
There were contrasting reports.TV reports were mentioning day before yesterday that the accident occured when the Nano overtook a scorpio and during the process collided with the Mazda Tipper coming in the opposite direction and the Scorpio too hit it. Mr Mohanan's version is based on newspaper reports.
The inexperience of the driver could also be another reason coupled with the speed of the Tipper.
May the departed souls rest in peace.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-nanp.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-nano.jpg

Last edited by rajeev k : 4th October 2011 at 07:15.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 09:42   #9388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
RedBull give you wings

Attachment 820485
Funny!! It could be that he would have tried overtaking from left and all of a sudden the road would have separated in to two with the service road starting on the left.
Old 4th October 2011, 09:47   #9389
Team-BHP Support

Did anyone notice the Indica (cab) which smashed into a lamp post on the ORR, after Marathalli? This is near the ramp which leads towards Alpine Eco apartments.

To me, it appears the cab must have slowed for the speedbreaker in front, and was clipped from the rear by some other fast moving vehicle. The impact may have caused it to climb the divider and smash into the lamppost.

Lets hope the occupants in the indica were wearing seatbelts.
I didn't take any pics as i was driving.
Old 4th October 2011, 12:14   #9390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Also, how did the driver get down and shut the door without the car falling off? !!!!
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Its like the climax of those old bollywood movies - Bus hanging off the cliff with driver and passengers trying to balance it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks