Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2011, 22:36   #9631
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

The BMW crash seems looks like it was at high speed. Not judging by the condition of the vehicle. But by the condition of the tree. It is broken. Normally impact on trees cause serious damage. But here the vehicle seems to have absorbed it easily as the cabin looks ok. And may be the tree was also of soft wood.

The tanker and the innova are both crushed. Good that the tanker did not go up in flames which could have caused more destruction.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th October 2011 at 22:59.
Old 26th October 2011, 22:46   #9632
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisasa View Post
The BMW crash seems looks like it was at high speed. Not judging by the condition of the vehicle. But by the condition of the tree. It is broken. Normally impact on trees cause serious damage. But here the vehicle seems to have absorbed it easily as the cabin looks ok. And may be the tree was also of soft wood.
In front of the BMW there is those stone slabs with barbed wire (since its a military area) the car hit the stone which hit the tree. Cabin is fine. Windscreen is broken but intact.
Old 27th October 2011, 01:38   #9633
BHPian

Found this in FaceBook:
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-318557_229100690480709_100001423382272_618666_467386697_n.jpg  

Old 27th October 2011, 10:15   #9634
BHPian

Saw a terrible crash this morning at Andheri (W) near Fame adlabs. Seems a maruti wagon R was T-boned by a merc S class. Was in a rush to reach work, hence no pics.
Old 27th October 2011, 14:37   #9635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
When will these bus drivers ever learn?
Looks like it was an intercity bus (Udupi/Kundapur to Mangalore).
When I was doing my BE in Manipal a decade ago, we had no other option than to go in these buses. Despite having so many stops, they would reach Manipal from Mangalore city bus stand (67 KMs) in about 90 minutes. And the whole stretch was a 2 lane road (including the then NH 17). Accidents were a common thing then. Competition between the buses was high (since there were buses every one or 2 minutes during peak hours).

To control this recklessness, the bus owners' association started "time keeping". A time keeper was posted at every major bus stop (about 10 - 15 km apart) such as Surathkal, Mulki, Padubidri and Katapadi. He wouldn't let a bus leave the stop even if it reached early.

Now the traffic on that stretch has probably gone three-fold since my college days. I hope the 4-lane road brings some respite!
Old 27th October 2011, 15:29   #9636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha09mel View Post
Saw a terrible crash this morning at Andheri (W) near Fame adlabs. Seems a maruti wagon R was T-boned by a merc S class. Was in a rush to reach work, hence no pics.
Hope it is the TV actor Ronit involved in the crash. just saw this flash running in news channels.

It seems Ronit was in S-Class and in the influence of alcohol. He T-boned wagon R at high speed seriously injuring 4 other people on road. He is remanded now in custody.
Old 27th October 2011, 15:33   #9637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha09mel View Post
The accident is all over the news. Looks like the merc was been driven by Ronit Roy. Blame is being put on the merc. But whats nagging me is how the merc was was able to T-Bone the merc. Seeing the pics of the impact it looks like the merc tried to turn to the left to avoid the wagon-R.

What I was wondering is did the Wagon-R jump to the main road all of a sudden and then stop seeing the merc approaching? Seeing the wagon R, it looked like it may have been stationary.

But then again I am no expert. So can anyone throw more light to what exactly happened?

Last edited by shekhar_gogoi : 27th October 2011 at 15:35.
Old 27th October 2011, 23:10   #9638
BHPian

In Website: Film and television star Ronit Roy was on Thursday arrested on the charges of rash and negligent driving after his speeding vehicle hit a moving four-wheeler with four occupants of a family, injuring a woman seriously, in suburban Amboli, police said.

Ronit was produced before the Bandra Metropolitan magistrate court and was granted bail on a surety of Rs 12,000 as all the sections against him were bailable.

The 42-year-old actor was behind the wheels of his Mercedes when he rammed into a WagonR with four occupants at around 6.45 am on Linking Road near Sab TV lane, H. Vhatkar, senior inspector at Amboli police station, told PTI.

The occupants — identified as Deepak Darera (60), his wife Kaanta (56), and daughters Sneha (29) and Pooja (24) — who stay at suburban Andheri’s Shashtri Nagar area, were on their way for a picnic to hill station Matheran, police said.

Kaanta sustained severe injuries on her back, Pooja had stitches on her head whereas Deepak injured his hand. Sneha received negligible injuries. All the four were taken to Kokilaben hospital by the actor himself following which the injured were admitted, police said.

The Udaan star, who is a resident of upscale Yari Road area, was driving towards the home of his brother Rohit, also an actor, when the incident occurred.

Both the vehicles were severely damaged, police said, adding that subsequently Ronit was arrested under IPC sections 279 (rash driving or riding on a public way), 338 (causing grievous hurt by act of endangering life or personal safety of others).

Rs 12000 for the Deal!
Old 27th October 2011, 23:49   #9639
Senior - BHPian

Is there any talk of caring the injured and the compensation for the vehicles damage from the actor. The actors are causing the accidents. We think the BMW, Mercedes and Porsche typres are for comfort. But for them it looks like for speed testing in the cities too.Don't know whether he is at fault or not but the reports seems to say that he is at fault.
Old 28th October 2011, 06:39   #9640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish82 View Post
I

Both the vehicles were severely damaged, police said, adding that subsequently Ronit was arrested under IPC sections 279 (rash driving or riding on a public way), 338 (causing grievous hurt by act of endangering life or personal safety of others).

Rs 12000 for the Deal!
Whats the big deal here ! This was just an accident and people do get bail .NO point in talking about how it is the bigger vehicle or the more expensive vehicle is always to be blamed

As long as any of the drivers were not charged under DUI ,this is just another road accident where one or both the drivers made an error in judgement .
speedsatya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 08:09   #9641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Whats the big deal here ! This was just an accident and people do get bail .NO point in talking about how it is the bigger vehicle or the more expensive vehicle is always to be blamed

As long as any of the drivers were not charged under DUI ,this is just another road accident where one or both the drivers made an error in judgement .
You may be right, but remember the Audi crash into a i10 in delhi, which killed a family, dont know what happened to them later, the follow up news's never make it through the headlines.

What i am trying to say 12k should not be case for bail, what will happen in US when something like this happens, he will get a ticket for sure and his license will be revoked if such thing happen again. So here since no body even asks for the license or revoke it, people will have no fear driving very fast after few weeks or month of an accident.

People should get bail, since its an accident and not murder, but strict rules should be enforced, why are indian cars and their numbers not automated by police like in US. I have heard that the project and technology which runs in US taxis and policecars is supported by a Indian company.

Last edited by krish82 : 28th October 2011 at 08:11.
Old 28th October 2011, 11:27   #9642
BHPian

when fiesta met bolero , fiesta belongs to a friend's friend

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-311950_166773000081832_100002474003303_296887_1247530709_n.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-314430_166772606748538_100002474003303_296880_271432069_n.jpg
Old 28th October 2011, 11:33   #9643
Team-BHP Support

@crazybiker46:
Any info on the injuries for the occupants.
Old 28th October 2011, 11:42   #9644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You may be right, but remember the Audi crash into a i10 in delhi, which killed a family, dont know what happened to them later, the follow up news's never make it through the headlines.

What i am trying to say 12k should not be case for bail, what will happen in US when something like this happens, he will get a ticket for sure and his license will be revoked if such thing happen again. So here since no body even asks for the license or revoke it, people will have no fear driving very fast after few weeks or month of an accident.

People should get bail, since its an accident and not murder, but strict rules should be enforced, why are indian cars and their numbers not automated by police like in US. I have heard that the project and technology which runs in US taxis and policecars is supported by a Indian company.

I am not a Ronit Roy fan ,but yes I agree,the drivers should be penalized or barred from driving till we know for sure.But ,why is it that only the driver of the more expensive car be penalized.Why not the Wagon R driver also if both are at fault or if both drivers are being investigated ?
Old 28th October 2011, 11:53   #9645
BHPian

Quote:
In Website: Film and television star Ronit Roy was on Thursday arrested on the charges of rash and negligent driving after his speeding vehicle hit a moving four-wheeler with four occupants of a family, injuring a woman seriously, in suburban Amboli, police said.

All the four were taken to Kokilaben hospital by the actor himself following which the injured were admitted, police said.

Rs 12000 for the Deal!
The actor didnt flee the scene nor objected for his arrest. He infact did what one should do in case of accidents. He did take the victims to the hospital himself, which should be appreciated.

Looking at the way he dealt with the incident, I guess he will follow the law. But it is not clear whether its solely his mistake or both parties were equally at fault. As he is not injured (due to the inflated airbags?), mostly the other party will get the mercy!

PS: I am not fan of the actor. This incident caught my attention only when I learnt that the actor took the injured to hospital himself, which is rare!
Selective is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks