Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc3.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc4.jpg  

Old 6th January 2012, 19:44   #10082
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Got this accident photos. Happened in a very busy road -LB road in Chennai
Are you sure it's LB Road? Looks more like the Madhya Kailash junction on Sardar Patel Road. Glad that the car didn't fall into the Buckingham canal. If it had, the occupants would've died of suffocation and chronic infection from the dirty waters.

Any idea if it was the showroom personnel or a prospective customer driving that TD car? Whoever it is, (s)he has proved that the airbags in that SX4 ZXi/ZDi definitely work
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 19:49   #10083
BHPian

@RGK - I hope all in the car got out safe. From the pics is a demo car and i guess the driver might have been new.
Old 6th January 2012, 19:59   #10084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Are you sure it's LB Road? Looks more like the Madhya Kailash junction on Sardar Patel Road. Glad that the car didn't fall into the Buckingham canal. If it had, the occupants would've died of suffocation and chronic infection from the dirty waters.

Any idea if it was the showroom personnel or a prospective customer driving that TD car? Whoever it is, (s)he has proved that the airbags in that SX4 ZXi/ZDi definitely work
You are absolutely right, this is the Sardar Patel road, Madhya Kailash junction signal. My son saw this car lying there on his way to college and commented on it when he was home yesterday evening (5-1-12).
Old 6th January 2012, 20:40   #10085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Thankfully no one lost life in the Scorpio-Bus collision.
Scorpio looking in so horrible state, is it due to collision or body was cut to remove injured passengers from it?
Old 7th January 2012, 01:02   #10086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Got this accident photos. Happened in a very busy road -LB road in Chennai
Demo gone wrong. I wonder how the passengers got out of the car? It must have been a fine balancing act to get out on the road from the car.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 01:15   #10087
Distinguished - BHPian

This is one of those, "But, How?" accidents. What happened? How is it possible to put a car in that position?
Old 7th January 2012, 01:18   #10088
Senior - BHPian

The stability of the car is always important . After all these are not toys any compormise in stability to add attraction to the one may end up in loosing the near and dear.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-eon.jpg  

foby.sebastian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 12:28   #10089
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
The stability of the car is always important . After all these are not toys any compormise in stability to add attraction to the one may end up in loosing the near and dear.
^^First Eon on this thread i guess.Could be due to the R12 wheels on it.No skid marks,if looked closely,it seems it just went straight to the bushes!
Old 7th January 2012, 13:30   #10090
BHPian

Had an accident yesterday on GT-Karnal road. I was driving my swift and coming back from kundli heading to paschim vihar. I had just crossed the border and since it was raining, i was doing 60-65 in the right lane. Those who are aware of this particular stretch must also be aware of the Narela T-junction. Just 200 metres before that junction, a family was desperately trying to cross the road. It was a family of five with a 70 year old lady. I moved to extreme right and started slowing down since i knew something was going to happen. But before i could stop this 70 year old lady ran for the other side and got struck by the left door mirror of my car. I swerved to right while slowing down in order to avoid her but since the divider is atleast 10 inches high my car couldnt have moved any further to the right.

I stopped the car as i knew she was hurt, switched on the hazard lights and went to check her. People stopped by then and realised that someone was hurt they got her up and made her sit down on the divider. To my shock the lady's ankle joint had ripped the skin and was 3 inches outside hagning in the air. She had suffered injury in her right arm too as she struck the door mirror. Fortunately people stopped and knew that i was not at fault, they asked me to run so that no police case is registered. But i dont know why i asked a person to help me put the lady in the car. I asked the relatives of the victim to sit in the car so that i can get her treated in the nearest hospital. Took her to the hospital, got her treated and everything was fine as the victim, the family apologised and were thankful that i didn't run and helped instead but then came the surprise no. 1.

The police arrived and they were trying to get aggressive, and were very much interested in making the case. Very fortunately the doctors and even the victim and the family supported me all the time, untill it was time for surprise no. 2. The eldest son of the victim arrived, drunk he tried to prove that i was at fault. Police as well as the victim's family had to shut him up for good. Few calls and 4 hours later, i was given my licence and RC back. The issue was settled, and i had to ask the victim forcefully to accept the money, as they were not taking it.

I hope the lady recovers

Here is the damage to my car:
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2012010600175.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2012010600176.jpg  

ramneek009 is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 17:12   #10091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For all we know the driver must have intended to park it that way on the narrow road.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 17:31   #10092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wonder how he managed to park the car like that!
Old 7th January 2012, 17:38   #10093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
I hope the lady recovers. Here is the damage to my car
Ramneek, Kudos. That was a very humane gesture.

Last edited by n_aditya : 10th January 2012 at 11:37. Reason: quote tags fixed
Old 7th January 2012, 20:06   #10094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
I stopped the car as i knew she was hurt, switched on the hazard lights and went to check her.
Good gesture. Appreciate it.

Also it was nice to see the mob mentality/fury not coming into play during the incident. Irrespective of whose fault it is during such situations its always the car or the vehicle is in the wrong as per the mob.
Old 7th January 2012, 21:00   #10095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Ramneek, Kudos. That was a very humane gesture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Good gesture. Appreciate it.

Also it was nice to see the mob mentality/fury not coming into play during the incident. Irrespective of whose fault it is during such situations its always the car or the vehicle is in the wrong as per the mob.
For a guy aged 22, hitting someone and then stopping to help is not expected. Plus there was a very good change of mob fury coming to play because of my age as generally people expect guys in this age to be reckless drivers. Well lets just say it was pure luck that anything bad did not happen.

Had the car been 80+ the lady would have come in front of the car and died considering she was 70yr old and very weak.

As far as helping the lady is concerned, from what i experienced at that moment, during that intense situation was that everything we learn, have been taught, every single experience and lesson comes in front of eyes, flashes in mind and greatly influences us in making that important decision.
ramneek009 is online now   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed