Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2012, 21:28   #10786
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Another terrible accident. Half of the Innova went inside the truck.
Mathrubhumi Latest News ?????????????? ?????????: ???????? ???????
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:49   #10787
Senior - BHPian

The 7th person in that Innova is someone I know. Although the report mentions that he has escaped with minor injuries, he is still in ICU, but reportedly out of danger. The person who died on the spot is his mother. I heard they were returning from his maternal grandfather's funeral.
Old 4th April 2012, 10:13   #10788
BHPian

Saw a trailer in the underpass after ramamoorthy nagar in ORR, bangalore. Any idea how it happened?
Old 4th April 2012, 10:13   #10789
BHPian

Have to appreciate the build quality of fabia, If it was my i10 then the story would have been totally different.
Old 4th April 2012, 10:15   #10790
Senior - BHPian

^^ Not the build quality of the Fabia entirely but also the quality of build of the hollow brick wall. Your i10 also would have come out almost unscathed.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 11:53   #10791
BHPian

This morning saw a KA 04 registered Black Skoda Laura rear ended a Local Tata Indicab opposite Wipro, Financial District, Hyderabad. The damage to the Indicab looked pretty bad as the boot door was wedged in and the bumper looked pasted to the rear metal enforcements. Skoda seemed to have a broken front grill and a bent hood. No leaks or broken head lamps. Could not click pics.

The traffic on that stretch is crazy as vehicles tend to accelerate on those straight sloping roads, they forget the surroundings and people. BHPians using these roads please be careful on this stretch and spread awareness.
Old 4th April 2012, 12:58   #10792
Senior - BHPian

hello,

The Juhu accident couple of days back which claimed life of 18 year old Shivani Ravat is in news again:
Car crash victim in depression after learning of friend’s death

One of the occupant is now in depression. This is a real life example of how one moment madness can ruin lives of these young people & their families.

Also about the dead girl - Shivani, she survived a open Heart Surgery at the age of 10, but lost her life in this accident. Just think of the plight of her parents who have to pass though this.

Hope people understand & forcefully discourage a drunk person to drive, no matter however confident he is about himself & his abilities.

Thanks,
Old 4th April 2012, 13:22   #10793
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
no matter however confident he is about himself & his abilities.
Confidence, in fact, is one of the warning signs. In this situation it is often inversely proportional to ability. Self-assesment just doesn't cut it. Friends should realise, and advise the car owner appropriately. If all else fails, they should refuse to travel with that driver. Unfortunately the "fever" often spreads to the whole group.

Not empty words: I was a youngster once, and I was not always a non-drinker.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 18:44   #10794
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV View Post
Saw a trailer in the underpass after ramamoorthy nagar in ORR, bangalore. Any idea how it happened?
Yup. Saw that too. The front of the trailer was smashed beyond repair. Looked pretty bad. I don't think the driver would have made it out alive. Wonder how it happened.
Old 4th April 2012, 19:09   #10795
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
The 7th person in that Innova is someone I know. Although the report mentions that he has escaped with minor injuries, he is still in ICU, but reportedly out of danger. The person who died on the spot is his mother. I heard they were returning from his maternal grandfather's funeral.
A couple of pictures of that Innova. Six people died. Looks like this is Innova G model without Airbags. Airbag might have saved a couple of lives.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-4.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-5.jpg  

Last edited by anb : 4th April 2012 at 19:13.
Old 4th April 2012, 19:27   #10796
BHPian

That;s a poor innova . I can clearly see blood On the front seats. IMO, those in 3rd row might stand a chance of survival. appears that innova must be doing excess of 100 since she was gone all most 1 feet inside truck. strangely Innova fitted perfectly in middle of truck.

My condolences to the deceased's family.
Old 4th April 2012, 19:34   #10797
BHPian

My god! I'm shivering as I type this. If an innova can be brought down to that state, I wonder what would happen to any other car! May the poor souls rest in peace.
Old 4th April 2012, 19:40   #10798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
That;s a poor innova . I can clearly see blood On the front seats. IMO, those in 3rd row might stand a chance of survival
6 persons died in he accident. May their souls RIP. Lone survivor who was sitting in 3rd row (might have worn belts) escaped with minor injuries. The group were relatives returning from Bangalore attending a funeral. Sad part is that they about to reach their house in a few minutes. Might have played a role in the accident. I have seen (including myself) that chances of concentration lapse are more when you are about to reach the destination and more if one know the roads very well. The initial reports suggested that the Innova was travelling in the wrong direction on this 4 lane stretch.
The Hindu : Today's Paper / NATIONAL : Six killed, one hurt in car-lorry collision
Old 4th April 2012, 19:59   #10799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
The initial reports suggested that the Innova was travelling in the wrong direction on this 4 lane stretch.
Gruesome accident this one. I haven't been on that road in a while, with the mess kuthiran is in and the 4 lane work going on, we always chose to goto Thrissur from Palakkad via Shornur. We keep talking about people driving on the wrong side of the 4 lane highway, if this is what has caused this accident, I wonder how many more such accidents will happen because of the lack of discipline.
Old 4th April 2012, 23:27   #10800
Senior - BHPian

The ill fated family is of the brother of a doctor known to me. May their souls rest in peace and God give courage and strength to the other members of this family to tide over this irreparable loss.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks