re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Here is the Picture of the Same.
Today's Bangalore Mirror also posted this wrong picture in their news
Old 20th April 2012, 22:18   #10922
Senior - BHPian

It is reported on TV that 4 persons were killed and another seriously injured in an accident involving a Bolero somewhere in Karnataka. They were bound to Goa from Bangalore.
Old 21st April 2012, 09:53   #10923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
It is reported on TV that 4 persons were killed and another seriously injured in an accident involving a Bolero somewhere in Karnataka. They were bound to Goa from Bangalore.
The 4 youths were malayalis working in the middle east, on a vacation tour to Goa.
here is the link to the news
Four from Kerala killed in head-on collision
Old 21st April 2012, 21:09   #10924
Distinguished - BHPian

I came across this accident near Ananthapur today, brand new Volvo XC60(temperory registration) went off road after hitting a two wheeler in a intersection(near Ananthapur) on Bangalore-Hyderabad Highway. The guy in the two wheeler died on the spot, according to the people around the driver and passenger in the Volvo XC60 escaped unhurt.

It looked like either the two wheeler was trying to cross the road or it tried to take a

"U" turn by moving to the right lane at the last moment.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0095optimized.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0096optimized.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0097optimized.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0098optimized.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0099optimized.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0100optimized.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0101optimized.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0102optimized.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0103optimized.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 22:03   #10925
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend had posted this on his facebook wall.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-459673_10150655514777315_579007314_9636949_1002461938_o.jpg

I'm quoting his words
Quote:
Fresh from the scene -This idiot driving a Santro, rammed to the rear of the bus in which I'm travelling and had stopped at Ramanagara traffic signal. This time, it wasn't a fault of the bus driver.
He was also mentioning that within minutes people around the scene came in support of the car driver just because he had the smaller vehicle.
This even though he hit a vehicle waiting at a signal.
No one was hurt it seems.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:11   #10926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
The 4 youths were malayalis working in the middle east, on a vacation tour to Goa.
here is the link to the news
Four from Kerala killed in head-on collision

According to the reports,
"The accident occurred when the Bolero car in which they were travelling rammed into a Trax car which was trying to overtake a lorry from opposite direction at a great speed. The Trax hit the Bolero car as a result of which the Bolero car over turned and collided with the lorry."

Here are the pics of that. Source: SahilOnline.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-siddapur_1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-siddapur_3.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2012, 20:23   #10927
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
This is a horrible accident and mistake by the bikers. This is why the Vijayawada highway is very dangerous.

Bike hit the Bus - Dangerous Accident-Two men Dead - Video Dailymotion
Seeing the video gave me goose bumps. Clearly the bike riders were drunk and totally out of their senses. The bus driver was at no fault. One could hear the bus honking and slamming his brakes at the last minute before the bikers crashed into the bus. I just imagined what would happen if I was in the position of the bus driver. As the locals would see it, their blood would be on my hands, since the car driver is always at fault in their eyes. Even if I fled the scene fearing for my life and headed to police station, the legal rigmarole would be endless considering two lives were lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I came across this accident near Ananthapur today, brand new Volvo XC60(temperory registration) went off road after hitting a two wheeler in a intersection(near Ananthapur) on Bangalore-Hyderabad Highway.
I have seen many a temp registered car being driven at great speeds on the highway. Most of these cars I suppose are not being driven by its owners (who would be careful with their new cars even assuming they are non Bhpians and are unaware of the importance of running in their engines) and are being driven either to be delivered to a customer at a different location or are being driven to a particular RTO for registration. These drivers just seem to be having fun unleashing these beasts on the open road at other's costs. With great power comes great responsibility. This is the result when that power is not in responsible hands.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 22nd April 2012 at 20:26.
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:59   #10928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
kicksperliter,

When you say the locals had to take him away in order to save him (the wrong-doer let's assume for now) from you, I assume the beating was quite bad.

- Did it even strike you what would have happened if the driver had hit you back? Or did you know the driver so well that you knew he won't do that? .
Hi ssh1979, though still a Newbie could not help but comment on this post. I completely agree with you that we are nobody to teach others how to drive. Having driven a fair bit, I would say that the riskiest drivers are actually people like us who really are recreational drivers, followed in no particular order by state transport buses (look at the condition of these buses), tractors pulling trailers and that very crazy thing called a Jugaad in parts of North India.

I too would reiterate that being a good driver means driving safely, patiently and without any form of road rage. Anyone can drive fast, all it requires is pressing the accelerator. Driving well means driving safely, following rules and still moving at a reasonable speed.

Sorry if this is too much gyaan

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd April 2012 at 15:08. Reason: Please do not quote entire large post. Its inconvenient for our mobile readers. Thanks
satrab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 20:35   #10929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
According to the reports,
"The accident occurred when the Bolero car in which they were travelling rammed into a Trax car which was trying to overtake a lorry from opposite direction at a great speed. The Trax hit the Bolero car as a result of which the Bolero car over turned and collided with the lorry."

Here are the pics of that. Source: SahilOnline.
The Trax and the truck seem to be on the correct side from the available photos. Looks like the Bolero was overtaking and ran right underneath the truck after colliding with the Trax and turning turtle.
Old 24th April 2012, 11:52   #10930
Senior - BHPian

Re: Super-Cars & Exotic Imports Crashes in India

An E-class from Kerala.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pappu-photography.jpg  

Old 27th April 2012, 13:03   #10931
BHPian

Bus rams into car after truck falls on it; car driver killed, News - City - Mumbai Mirror

A motorist was killed on the Sion-Panvel Highway early on Thursday, when a container truck overturned and crushed his car, which seconds later was rammed by a luxury bus.

The incident happened near D Y Patil Stadium at Nerul around 6.45 am, and the victim was identified as Mangesh Panshetkar, from D N Nagar in Andheri.

Preliminary investigations by the Nerul police said that Panshetkar, 36, was a victim of truck driver Saroj Thakur's recklessness. Thakur was driving towards Jawaharlal Nehru Port (Nhava Sheva), clocking close to 100 kmph, when his truck hit a divider and skidded on to the other side of the road, Nerul police said.

Panshetkar, who was driving towards Mumbai, tried to swerve when he saw the truck spinning a few metres in front of him, but the truck overturned and landed on his Innova.

Within seconds, a luxury bus rammed into the Innova, which was completely mangled in the double whammy. Panshetkar died on the spot, and the truck driver was arrested a few hours later.

The accident led to a huge pile-up on the highway, which is already reeling under the daily chaos of heavy vehicles on Vashi bridge. It took traffic Police almost three hours to clear the jam, as the crane used to remove the truck further blocked the road.

Senior Inspector Rajkumar Chapekar from Nerul Police Station said, "We have booked the truck driver for causing death due to negligence, and for rash and dangerous driving. Preliminary investigations suggest he was driving at a high speed, which led to the truck skidding to the other side of the road."
Old 27th April 2012, 15:11   #10932
BHPian

MUMBAI : Andheri motorist dies in Nerul smash-up

As mentioned in the NEWS above

It is sad to hear that one person loses his life, due to someone else's negligence. Our country has progressed a lot in recent years, people are buying new cars in large numbers, but we still lack in traffic and driving sense. There should be proper training for drivers, especially the heavy vehicle drivers. Most of the truck and bus drivers are illiterate and care less about road and traffic discipline!

Last edited by DevilsDoggie : 27th April 2012 at 15:12.
Old 27th April 2012, 15:44   #10933
BHPian

A Sand Lorry smashes into a House in Bangalore. No details yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-lorry1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-lorry2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-lorry3.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-lorry4.jpg  

Old 27th April 2012, 16:51   #10934
Senior - BHPian

A few days back, I had mentioned the following -

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I have noticed that an Innova's state after a crash is really ghastly. Many times, in this thread itself, I have seen badly mangled Innovas. In the above pic, we can see the whole body till the C pillar has vanished.

Now, I am aware of crumple zones, but this kind of "crumpling" is not too safe according to me. I wonder whether Innova is a safe car after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
What I actually meant is that the extent of damage visible on the Innova is much higher than that of other cars.
And now we see this -

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Bus rams into car after truck falls on it; car driver killed, News - City - Mumbai Mirror

Senior Inspector Rajkumar Chapekar from Nerul Police Station said, "We have booked the truck driver for causing death due to negligence, and for rash and dangerous driving. Preliminary investigations suggest he was driving at a high speed, which led to the truck skidding to the other side of the road."
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsDoggie View Post

.............Most of the truck and bus drivers are illiterate and care less about road and traffic discipline!
The Innova in this accident is mangled beyond recognition -

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-111.jpg

Innova owners - dont take this an offence, I too have an Innova. But surprisingly, in every crash, the Innova always takes a heavy beating.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 27th April 2012 at 16:53.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 17:05   #10935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsDoggie View Post

As mentioned in the NEWS above

It is sad to hear that one person loses his life, due to someone else's negligence. Our country has progressed a lot in recent years, people are buying new cars in large numbers, but we still lack in traffic and driving sense. There should be proper training for drivers, especially the heavy vehicle drivers. Most of the truck and bus drivers are illiterate and care less about road and traffic discipline!
Completely agreed, Not only Truck drivers I think everyone including the pedestrians needs to be taught on road sense.

Its high time to make 'Road usage rules and regulations' as a part in school's syllabus.

Here Fathers are driving recklessly in front of their kids, They dont realize one thing, for any kid their Father is the first hero and they follow them in future. Its one of the Father's duty to teach their kid on how to behave on road.

When someone go for walk with their kid on a road, Its always good to make their kid walk on their left. But wait, before that one should know that they, the grown up. should walk on the right side of road. Simple road sense.
But howmany follows this?

If traffic is blocked, nobody have the patience to wait for the traffic to clear, everybody jumps to the other lane and blocks the approaching traffic and makes things a bit more worse. I think in chennai you can see plenty of examples for this.

Its not use to blame others, lets correct ourself and try to correct our near and dears. Somtime in future atleast our kids can drive their cars/bikes without worrying the Senseless road users.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed