Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:47   #10996
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

^^^
For a six year old seat belt would only become a noose. The report however says except driver other weren't injured much. Considering extent of the damage (from photo), I think all adult did wear seat belts, otherwise most front seat passenger should also be in hospital with that kind of accident.

The tragedy is of kid on mom's lap due to non-availability of seat (9 already in, excluding kid)! Even if kid had seat, seat belt would have caused other damages. However we can't say if he would have lost the life, but can't be ruled out.

Only sensible driving would have saved the life here.
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:49   #10997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

Remember (RA.ONE movie animator) Charu Khandal's Accicent couple of weeks back in Mumbai? The post (& link) about the same is availalbe on page no. 720 (post #10787) of this thread.

Well the good news that she is now recovering, whistling & smiling from her hospital ICU Bed. Her entire body is still paralysed.

Her latest photo pfrom hospital bed & the details here: Doc can I have some greenery around here - Mumbai Mirror

Thanks,
Hello Friends,

The above link is not working. The new Link is available here: Doc, can I have some greenery around here, News - Cover Story - Mumbai Mirror

Thanks,
Old 3rd May 2012, 13:56   #10998
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a whole thread about car seats and stuff: we should not discuss it here. Maybe the mods might move these posts to the appropriate thread?

The way for a child that is too big for a child seat, but not big enough to use seat belts normally, to travel safely is the use of a booster seat. Basically, a specially designed cushion that puts a few inches under the child.

A child and an adult sharing a seat belt will result in the child being crushed between adult and belt.

There is no safe way for an unrestrained child, or person of any age, to travel in a car.
Quote:
I usually send my kid to rear seat on highways and he always keeps complaining about it.
Please do not differentiate between city and highway driving in this way. City speeds are just as dangerous, and the likelyhood of accident or emergency stop may even be higher.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 20:53   #10999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
^^^
Only sensible driving would have saved the life here.
This accident is just due to mad driving. We have seen this kind of driving on the airport road. I just dont know how did they allow the driver to drive so rash.
Old 3rd May 2012, 22:20   #11000
BHPian

Everytime i see an Innova i carefully stare at it. It's becoming a habit now due to badly mangled innovas. The latest being today. Or is it that the overall shape of the innova is outward in all directions due to cosmetic purpose and this exactly turn into shreds when an accident happens.
Old 3rd May 2012, 22:26   #11001
Senior - BHPian

Truck overrides a scorpio. no idea when or where it happened.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tata.jpg  

Old 4th May 2012, 08:01   #11002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Today's headlines in TOI! Notice the state of the Innova after hitting a median and then a pole. Also note "SEAT BELT COULD HAVE SAVED A LIFE" written in bold in the detailed article in Page 3! When will people learn? How many innocent lives are to be lost!
I believe, the child might be sitting in the shotgun seat, on the lap of an adult. If you notice, only the front cabin has been damaged in the accident. Maybe the windows were open and the child was thrown out during collision. Its a very risky thing to make the child sit on a persons lap in the front seats, and sadly it is practiced by most of the people. The child is made to sit in the front passengers lap to make space for other people in the back seat (fitting 4 passengers in place of 3, etc. ). People must understand that a child should sit in the back seat, even if the driver is alone with the kid.
Old 4th May 2012, 10:19   #11003
Senior - BHPian

Check this video posted by Chandigarh Traffic Police on Facebook.

Goes to show how things can go terribly wrong for you (as a pedestrian) even if you're the only one obeying the law. Gross!

For non-Facebook users: Fortuner jumps the red light and gets T-boned by a Yeti. The Fortuner rolls over onto an innocent pedestrian crossing the road through a Zebra crossing.

Though the video doesn't show anything regarding the aftermath, I suspect the pedestrain who obeyed all the rules paid the capital price.
Old 4th May 2012, 10:30   #11004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Check this video posted by Chandigarh Traffic Police on Facebook.
The video seems to have been taken off air. It says 'this video has been removed from facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings'
Or is it just me who is not able to see due to some settings??
Old 4th May 2012, 10:45   #11005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
The video seems to have been taken off air. It says 'this video has been removed from facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings'
Or is it just me who is not able to see due to some settings??
Tried viewing from this link, it's working fine for me.

Must be some issue with your settings.

EDIT: This is Chandigarh Traffic Police's Facebook Page. The videos are on the wall.

Last edited by Scorcher : 4th May 2012 at 10:50.
Old 5th May 2012, 00:33   #11006
BHPian

Another one from Chandigarh !
wycelfjean is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 01:15   #11007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Tried viewing from this link, it's working fine for me.

Must be some issue with your settings.

EDIT: This is Chandigarh Traffic Police's Facebook Page. The videos are on the wall.
I cant view the videos as well. says video unavailable due to privacy settings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycelfjean View Post
Another one from Chandigarh !
I know its the car guys mistake but those 2 bike guys and that cycle guy had no business stopping that much ahead of the zebra line.

Note from Mod : Please DO NOT quote videos, pictures or large texts. Thanks

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th May 2012 at 11:24.
Old 5th May 2012, 07:31   #11008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
I cant view the videos as well. says video unavailable due to privacy settings?
Here is the youtube version. Watch other videos by the same uploader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
I know its the car guys mistake but those 2 bike guys and that cycle guy had no business stopping that much ahead of the zebra line.
Unfortunate guy on the cycle. If you look at the above video, none of the cyclists follow the rule at a signal.

Last edited by bejoy : 5th May 2012 at 07:41.
bejoy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 14:47   #11009
BHPian

The fools who keep jumping signals are putting to risk the lives of innocents. Why do we have the police hanging around if they are not to stop these fools. I would say anyone jumping a signal should be charged with attempt to murder irrespective of whether they have caused an accident. Their license should also be impounded. Coz if they are allowed to drive, they will one day take the lives of other innocents. Hope we had policemen and lawmakers in this forum.
bisasa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 19:08   #11010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
This happenend yesterday night. Karve road Pune. Nex t to hotel Mirch Masala
Honda city rammed into wrongly parked? company bus on road side late night.
No clue what happened to driver but Air bag was deployed and driver being fortunate when i tried opening driver door in morning , it opened as if nothing has happened. Driver must be very lucky otherwise stuck driver door at night whould have turned the table.
Worst part : i didnt see any brake marks on road meaing honda city just rammed into bus as driver could not see it till last moment.
Atleast 30% of bus was beyond yellow parking line on road. This portion is actually a no parking zone however during recent road work "No Parking" vanished.
It seems drover paid cost for the same as many company buses started parking on this road at night for their morning pickup.
I too saw this accident and attaching pictures of the car once it was towed out. This accident happened in front of the Shashwat hospital and heres what I learned. The accident happened at around 1:30 am that night. Seemingly front left tire had blown(not sure about this just overheard conversation in the lobby) and driver could not control as there is a 90 deg right hander just before the place where the bus was parked. driver was admitted in the hospital and as far as I know he was under treatment at least till noon that day. I had a family member in the hospital and was visiting the hospital when I saw a small towing crane was being used to pull the car out. See the damage. its like the car was peeled from the bonnet to the mid half of the roof.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2012042900149.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2012042900148.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2012042900147.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2012042900146.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2012042900145.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2012042900144.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2012042900143.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2012042900142.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2012042900141.jpg  

Most Viewed