Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2012, 07:18   #11401
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Saw this in ORR-Bangalore-Pune road junction at Gorguntepalya ...Wonder how it happened

I can guess what actually happened.

I saw a similar incident a few months ago, in which a Swift guy's front fender got ripped out with a loud crack, by a tempo guy's rear wheel arch !

The strange part is that the Swift's fender got stuck onto the tempo's wheel arch, and the tempo guy was busy drying to drive away / escape as fast as he could, unaware of the Swift's detached fender hanging out from his wheel arch. An intriguing chase was then witnessed by all, with a fenderless Swift chasing down the strange looking tempo a few hundred yards down ! I drove away when my signal turned green

Looks like the guy in your above pic had no clue where his fender disappeared
Old 25th June 2012, 10:54   #11402
BHPian

Saw this on Rajbhavan road on last saturday no details how it happened but the moron kept speeding in traffic even with both the front and back end of the car ripped to shreds.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00785.jpg  

Last edited by rocky080 : 25th June 2012 at 10:56.
Old 25th June 2012, 14:21   #11403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
the moron kept speeding in traffic even with both the front and back end of the car ripped to shreds.
These are guys with a death wish!! Is it not really really unsafe to transport damaged cars like this? Do dealerships do this to save on the cost/rent of a flatbed truck? I wish there were stringent motor laws in India to curb these kind of menace. Even if the traffic police see this, they will stand as mute spectators.
Old 25th June 2012, 14:50   #11404
Senior - BHPian

The fender is very much there, the missing part is the bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Looks like the guy in your above pic had no clue where his fender disappeared
Old 25th June 2012, 16:35   #11405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Found this truck parked on the footpath in the service lane opposite Avalahalli Police Station on OMR, Bangalore

Attachment 946357

Apparently involved in a head-on collision with a Punto. The Punto was parked last night outside the PS, but was taken away by the owner today morning when I went back to get a picture. The passenger side of the Punto was completely destroyed, so much so, that the roof of the passenger side was lower that the dashboard level.
Rajan
I can't imagine how a Punto can cause so much damage to an LCV. If you notice, the A pillar of the truck has curved in. Looks more like a collision with a similar sized vehicle.

Quote:
I really wonder if it is a good idea to create such powerful automobiles and then sell them to such irresponsible people. From the impact and subsequent destruction, it is very clear that this collision was at very highspeed.
You really think the Punto is a "powerful" automobile?
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 18:52   #11406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I can't imagine how a Punto can cause so much damage to an LCV. If you notice, the A pillar of the truck has curved in. Looks more like a collision with a similar sized vehicle.

Wonder what would have happened if the "so called powerful" cars out there had such a head on collision with the LCV
Old 25th June 2012, 19:38   #11407
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
On a funny note, are you the first one to call Punto a powerful automobile? :-D.
It is not if the Punto is powerful or not. It was obviously too powerful for whoever that was driving to control in a timely fashion. I have owned the BMW 323i and also driven the current Audi A6 extensively and know what a powerful vehicle is. Thanks.

Rajan
Old 25th June 2012, 19:59   #11408
Senior - BHPian

True. In the hands of an inexperienced/newbie/out-of-control driver, even the humble M800 can wreak havoc.
Add weight of the vehicle to the equation (1 Punto = 2 M800s) and the damage it can do more than doubles.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 25th June 2012 at 20:01.
Old 25th June 2012, 22:28   #11409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy

It is not if the Punto is powerful or not. It was obviously too powerful for whoever that was driving to control in a timely fashion. I have owned the BMW 323i and also driven the current Audi A6 extensively and know what a powerful vehicle is. Thanks.

Rajan
In the hands of a poor driver any vehicle is dangerous. Even if one drives an Ambassador in a crowded street at a speed of 30 kph it can cause accidents.

Since you mention that you have owned and driven many powerful vehicles, I am sure you'll agree with me when I say that I feel safer in a car with a more powerful engine as the power will make it easier to complete overtaking manouvers and get out of tricky situations. Of course I agree with you that the power needs to be handled responsibly.
Old 26th June 2012, 10:05   #11410
BHPian

Quote:
In the hands of a poor driver any vehicle is dangerous. Even if one drives an Ambassador in a crowded street at a speed of 30 kph it can cause accidents.

Since you mention that you have owned and driven many powerful vehicles, I am sure you'll agree with me when I say that I feel safer in a car with a more powerful engine as the power will make it easier to complete overtaking manouvers and get out of tricky situations. Of course I agree with you that the power needs to be handled responsibly.
A head-on with an Eicher in an Amby doing 30 kmph will not do so much damage. Neither will it with any car doing 30 kmph. Agree with you that a more powerful car inspires confidence in overtaking, especially on highways.

This was a head on collision. The Eicher swerved to avoid collision, but not enough. The passenger side of the Eicher hit the passenger side on the car and then the truck swerved and hit a pillar, causing the A pillar on the driver side to collapse. The passenger side of the car was completely demolished. Doing high speeds with absolutely no control is dangerous in any car. In such scenarios, it could actually be even more dangerous in a more powerful car, unless the driver has absolute control over the vehicle. We are talking about a head-on collision here and not about overtaking.

Rajan
Old 26th June 2012, 11:08   #11411
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A head-on with an Eicher in an Amby doing 30 kmph will not do so much damage. Neither will it with any car doing 30 kmph. Agree with you that a more powerful car inspires confidence in overtaking, especially on highways.

This was a head on collision. The Eicher swerved to avoid collision, but not enough. The passenger side of the Eicher hit the passenger side on the car and then the truck swerved and hit a pillar, causing the A pillar on the driver side to collapse. The passenger side of the car was completely demolished. Doing high speeds with absolutely no control is dangerous in any car. In such scenarios, it could actually be even more dangerous in a more powerful car, unless the driver has absolute control over the vehicle. We are talking about a head-on collision here and not about overtaking.

Rajan
True. When things go wrong at high speeds the results can be catastrophic. With advancements in technology and general trend of the industry, vehicles are becoming more and more powerful. Compare vehicles in the A & B segments and the taxi segments a decade back and today. Today vehicles are more powerful and with abysmal levels of awareness, training and respect for rules, I can totally relate to your fears.
Old 26th June 2012, 11:11   #11412
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

27 year old son of Tamil Nadu state minister for food and cooperation Shellur K Raju died early on Monday of injuries sustained earlier in a road accident on NSC Bose Road.

He was riding his Enfield Bullet & lost control of the bike while negotiating a speed breaker. He was not wearing a helmet and suffered severe injuries to the head & in the chest.

Full article here: Minister's son dies in road accident - The Times of India

Bikers, wonder how many accidents will pass & how many bikers will lose their lives due to not wearing helmets. Please ensure to wear helmets all the time while riding your Bikes.

Thanks,
Old 26th June 2012, 13:03   #11413
BHPian

Quote:
I really wonder if it is a good idea to create such powerful automobiles and then sell them to such irresponsible people. From the impact and subsequent destruction, it is very clear that this collision was at very highspeed.

Rajan

Couldn't agree with you more. When powerfull vehicles comes under the hands of irresponsible people, it will definitly leads to disaster.
Why MV act suggests less than 50cc gearless two wheelers for pupils, its because their level of maturity is not enough to handle vehicle with so much power.

Indica cabs under the hands of irresponsible cab drivers always creates hell lotsa trouble in roads. Tata ACE is another nuisance in streets nowadays, it comes with a good power and very very powerfull headlamps, almost 99% of them were driven with high beam on at night .

Its not the vehicle to blame, its the driver of the vehicle to be blamed. Its very true that the machines are getting advanced and powerfull in nowadays market, but the people handle the machines are immature and dumb these days, thats the root cause for most of the accidents we have.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 15:32   #11414
BHPian

Truck with lots of fog lights on a foggy day coming from the opposite direction and this is what happened to my one month old EON. No major injuries !!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dscn1806.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dscn1869.jpg  

dr chill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 15:49   #11415
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr chill View Post
Truck with lots of fog lights on a foggy day coming from the opposite direction and this is what happened to my one month old EON. No major injuries !!
Pray how did this happen? Glad you are safe. From your post, it appears that the truck was visible with many lights.

--R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks