Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2012, 11:25   #11536
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Had seen this on the entry to Chennai city. No information about deaths/injuries are known since I was in the bus and heavy police force near the accident site. No blood stains were seen on the car or around it. looking at the state of Innova it doesn't give a good sight.

Attachment 954089
That innova has turned into a hatchback!
I doubt somebody might have survived that kind of a crash!
Old 10th July 2012, 11:43   #11537
Senior - BHPian

So sorry to hear about this, otherday saw this reported in "Udayavani" and was cursing the bus driver.

the "buses" esp the express are nothing but a death machine they have no regard for the vehicles on the road..

And this has been the case for really long time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
My cousins son and mother passed away in this accident ! Because the bus driver came on the wrong side on a 2 lane road with dividers !

Mangalore: Two Killed on Spot in Car-Bus Collision at Jeppinamogeru

Everyone blames the driver. What about the passengers in the bus who were watching everything unfold. No one would have tried stopping the bus driver when he entered the wrong lane !

The way everyone is that no one cares as long as its not their own family
Old 10th July 2012, 12:41   #11538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Had seen this on the entry to Chennai city. No information about deaths/injuries are known since I was in the bus and heavy police force near the accident site. No blood stains were seen on the car or around it. looking at the state of Innova it doesn't give a good sight.
After seeing these pics I was like . What on earth can result in such a state of the innova. The third quarter has totally vanished from the right profile. Moreover I have noticed many Innovas in really poor states after such accidents. Was about to buy an Innova but after seeing these pics I have a doubt about its build quality.
Old 10th July 2012, 15:38   #11539
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
That innova has turned into a hatchback!
I doubt somebody might have survived that kind of a crash!
Your Right. Innova just looks like the Mini-Xylo. Yet to know what could have made it get into that condition. The lorry's front right quarters (drivers side) was completely damaged and crumpled in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
After seeing these pics I was like . What on earth can result in such a state of the innova. The third quarter has totally vanished from the right profile. Moreover I have noticed many Innovas in really poor states after such accidents. Was about to buy an Innova but after seeing these pics I have a doubt about its build quality.
There were a lot of skid marks around that area and pieces of stones (may be thee divider) Regarding the build quality only the owners can comment.
Old 10th July 2012, 16:22   #11540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was about to buy an Innova but after seeing these pics I have a doubt about its build quality.
This was answered previously as well. Looking at the way the accident has happened(Mostly head on) i am sure no car would survive such an accident.

May be a tank would have survived.

Overspeed and head on collision is doomed for such a treatment no matter what vehicle you are in.
Old 10th July 2012, 17:08   #11541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Edit: btw have seen a lot of cabs with INFANT written on them. Are they school cabs or some cab service?
INFANT is the "Terrorist on wheels" in Bangalore.

And as I say always:
In India value of life is nil.
And capacity of suffering is infinite.

I try to be cool headed on roads. Its my bit to do but won't make any difference.
Old 10th July 2012, 17:45   #11542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I try to be cool headed on roads. Its my bit to do but won't make any difference.
It does make a difference. To you, your occupants and your car. In fact to your entire day. I find that it is very useful to maintain my sanity and dignity. No use fretting over this or fighting with such morons. If something needs to be done, the road is not the place for it.
This battle needs to be fought elsewhere. Nobody is going to win it on the road. By arguing with someone, I am not going to be able to improve or educate him/ her. If he/ she had road/ civic sense, he/ she would behave in the first place. And anyway, it isnt my job to educate morons. There, I said it!

I find it best to be selfish on the road and move ahead keeping my life, co passengers & property safe. If somebody is impacted or needs help, I will stop to help after considering my own safety. While I also tell myself not to intervene in other fights, there is a limit which I think will be crossed some time. After all I cannot be quiet all the time.

Till then, focus on the road space between your two front wheels and drive on. That unfortunately is the short term motto that works for me.
selfdrive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 10:48   #11543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
This was answered previously as well. Looking at the way the accident has happened(Mostly head on) i am sure no car would survive such an accident.

May be a tank would have survived.

Overspeed and head on collision is doomed for such a treatment no matter what vehicle you are in.
I totally agree with you. But the amount of Innovas crushed in accidents have decreased my faith in the brand. Again its just my observation, no offences.
Old 11th July 2012, 12:06   #11544
Distinguished - BHPian

The Innova looks like it was rear-ended at high speed first, pushed across the divider and then directly broadsided the truck in the picture. My blood ran cold seeing the state of the car.
Old 11th July 2012, 13:11   #11545
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
This battle needs to be fought elsewhere. Nobody is going to win it on the road. By arguing with someone, I am not going to be able to improve or educate him/ her.
This realization is the first step to attain motoring nirvana in India. I think all of us recognize the fact that this battle cannot be won by words or actions we dole out to fellow road users but that does not seem to stop us.

And the other side of this coin of thought is - where and how can we win this battle? Forget the authorities - the best they can aspire to be is reactive. If that.
Old 11th July 2012, 13:55   #11546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
The Innova looks like it was rear-ended at high speed first, pushed across the divider and then directly broadsided the truck in the picture. My blood ran cold seeing the state of the car.
My perception is quite different. I feel, there must have been an intersection on the highway and the innova must have tried to join the road from right lane at 90 degrees. A miscalculation must have led to the crash. Note that only one side of the innova has suffered major damage while the other side is almost intact. The impact of the accident must have pushed the innova that far on the median.
These kind of accidents have become very common on our ill designed highways. Vehicles should never be allowed to join the road at 90 degrees. Instead, underpass or overbridges should be constructed.
Old 11th July 2012, 14:13   #11547
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible that the Innova was manually torn apart to pull out the occupants? What a ghastly sight.. Hope there were survivors.
Old 11th July 2012, 14:55   #11548
Senior - BHPian

I have seen Innovas in some ghastly accidents. I don't think it has anything to do with the car itself but the drivers who drive them.
The truck itself is in such a bad shape in the above picture.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 16:27   #11549
Senior - BHPian

This one looks bit different though, someone said the Innova was rear ended/pushed across the divider and then got hit, that could be true, it may have hit the divider, airborn and hit the truck!! I'm guessing too much here, but if we look at the truck it seems it hit something really hard right on the windshield area. Whatever it is, I hope there are survivor.
Being alert and keeping your cool on roads is the key.
Drive safe!
Old 11th July 2012, 18:31   #11550
BHPian

Spotted this Swift at Pratham Motors workshop, ORR, Bellandur an hour ago. The rear left side of the car was damaged too. According to a workshop guy, the occupants of the car were safe.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-swift_prthmmotrs_11072012.jpg  

Most Viewed