Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2012, 01:21   #11581
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Is Daiji World a very big media house in the Southern part of india. I have lost count of the number of posts in this thread with the links/photos from Daiji World. Wonder how their correspondents are always present at the site of the accident to take these pictures and report on them.
Daijiworld was initially started as a small local news site that catered to mangaloreans all around the world. Slowly it grew and became quite famous over the last 10yrs. They along with mangalorean.com are quite well known for local news.

Cheers!
james is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2012, 21:45   #11582
BHPian

This happened yesterday. I was on my way to the airport for a usual early morning flight. My cab overtook a college going couple and their friend riding on two Pulsars. Just a minute after that both Pulsars decided to race and zoom passed my cab, which was doing 90, so they must be doing 120, obviously no one was wearing helmet. There Was a sharp turn ahead and bang, the couple hit the divider. The guy was unconscious and bleeding profusely from his head, girl was OK but so shaken that she couldn't stand on her feet. Soon a few cabs stopped and started moving the guy in a cab. I dialled 100 informed them and moved on, as i had flight to catch. People Just don't get it, why on earth would one do 120kmph on a bike with no helmet on, just to show off to the girl.
Old 15th July 2012, 11:46   #11583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
This happened yesterday. I was on my way to the airport for a usual early morning flight. My cab overtook a college going couple and their friend riding on two Pulsars. Just a minute after that both Pulsars decided to race and zoom passed my cab, which was doing 90, so they must be doing 120, obviously no one was wearing helmet. There Was a sharp turn ahead and bang, the couple hit the divider. The guy was unconscious and bleeding profusely from his head, girl was OK but so shaken that she couldn't stand on her feet. Soon a few cabs stopped and started moving the guy in a cab. I dialled 100 informed them and moved on, as i had flight to catch. People Just don't get it, why on earth would one do 120kmph on a bike with no helmet on, just to show off to the girl.
That is the case with many of the bikers who show off to their girlfriends. Have seen much of these on the western express highway. Bikers riding with their helmets hanged on the mirrors with a girl on the backseat, cutting lanes dangerously, revving hard even in there is inch of empty space, braking hard and getting close to vehicles, cutting in long trucks knowing they have most of the blind spots. Hence I do not get surprised when I hear a biker has met with an accident on the WEH as they themselves tend to invite an accident.
Old 15th July 2012, 16:54   #11584
BHPian

Today morning at around 7.30 am saw a badly mangled airconditioned taxi Swift near Khar Signal. First I thought it was rear ended by some bigger vehicle, but the bonnet was also damaged. Could not take a snap as I was in a car and the damaged car was standing in the extreme left just after the signal.
Old 15th July 2012, 22:53   #11585
BHPian

Saw a badly mangled up Ritz near the road that leads to yeshwantpur station from maramar circle. The front driver side(i think) was completely crushed and glass was fallen everywhere. The car was parked in the wrong lane onto oncoming traffic. Dont know the cause of the accident though as the mishap seemed to have happened long back. Looked like something big had hit the car from front.

Hope the occupants were safe.
Old 16th July 2012, 09:10   #11586
Senior - BHPian

May be the first fatal involving an XUV here. Posting it from XUV thread.
TN: PMK leader dies in midnight accident - The New Indian Express
Old 16th July 2012, 15:07   #11587
BHPian

There has been an accident on the outer ring road, near the Ramamurthy nagar underpass. One of my friends was injured when his company cab hit some pole and overturned.
Does anyone have any more details/photos of the scene?
Old 18th July 2012, 09:30   #11588
Distinguished - BHPian

Happened today morning just outside my friends house. Apparently driver slept off and was the only guy in the vehicle. Luckily he survives the crash with one tooth missing.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-256486_437140222998130_1160819172_o.jpg  

Old 18th July 2012, 11:33   #11589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Happened today morning just outside my friends house. Apparently driver slept off and was the only guy in the vehicle. Luckily he survives the crash with one tooth missing.
Lucky guy. If the van was 2 feet to the left his head would have been missing instead of the tooth.
dockap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 11:36   #11590
BHPian

Huge Accident near CCI - Samrat Hotel circle this morning. A Honda city was badly smashed up. The car was driven at 'high' speeds and was travelling towards HR when it crashed into something and ended up into the circle. Windscreen was shattered and the boot bore the major brunt of damage. Heard there were some casualties too. Will try and get pics and more information asap.

EDIT: more here.. 74-year-old dies after being hit by speeding car in Mumbai | NDTV.com

Last edited by crackparag : 18th July 2012 at 11:38.
Old 18th July 2012, 12:06   #11591
BHPian

20 year old youth perishes in a tragic bus- bike accident

20 year old Manu met his fate on 18th June as his bike had a head on collusion with a Kerala SRTC, while the bus was over taking another vehicle. This happened at a place Chathannur in Kollam dist, Kerala. The bus was over speeding. Manu was dragged along with the bike before the bus stopped. Onlookers only saw the bike and later only a person found the dead person's legs hanging out from under the bus. The biker's body had to be extracted with great difficulty.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-chathannur-bike-accident-18-june-ksrtc.jpg
Old 18th July 2012, 12:12   #11592
Senior - BHPian

Re: 20 year old youth perishes in a tragic bus- bike accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01BE View Post
20 year old Manu met his fate on 18th June as his bike had a head on collusion with a Kerala SRTC, while the bus was over taking another vehicle. This happened at a place Chathannur in Kollam dist, Kerala. The bus was over speeding. Manu was dragged along with the bike before the bus stopped. Onlookers only saw the bike and later only a person found the dead person's legs hanging out from under the bus. The biker's body had to be extracted with great difficulty.

Attachment 958372
Thats a bad one for sure !

But tire marks indicate the bus could be on the correct side .
Old 18th July 2012, 12:34   #11593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
But tire marks indicate the bus could be on the correct side .
skid marks are coming from the "wrong" side. Long, too: that bus must have been traveling fast.
Old 18th July 2012, 12:38   #11594
BHPian

Hi Speedsatya,
See how the skid marks made by the two wheeler tyre begins (at the begining of the skid mark) on the correct side of the white line. The bus has traveled some distance and again, to the left after the impact bringing the bus more to the correct side of the road. May be the bus had just begun to over take the other vehicle. But, the continuous white line means vehicles should not cross it. Right?
Old 18th July 2012, 12:46   #11595
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
skid marks are coming from the "wrong" side. Long, too: that bus must have been traveling fast.
Travelling fast, overtaking from wrong side – all is allowed for these folks. And I am quite sure that the driver will be able to walk free even after this kind of a fatal accident.

Most Viewed