Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:32   #11626
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Thought of sharing it here
this is why rollbars are the most important safety feature you can and should get for a JEEP.

Last edited by infotech58 : 23rd July 2012 at 11:40.
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:55   #11627
BHPian

Saw this Volvo yesterday on the service road of the ORR towards NGEF. I suspect the front windshield hit the rear of this Scorpio. The maroon i10 is just passing and has got nothing to do with the scene. You can see the bus driver in white uniform conversing with the Scorpio driver.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0163.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0164.jpg  

Old 23rd July 2012, 13:45   #11628
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian
Thought of sharing it here
This looks like sheer idiocy.
Did the boys get hurt?

The Yellow shirt chap looks like he could have been squashed under the jeep when it toppled!
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:52   #11629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Rain does not cause accidents.

Ignorance of the fact that wet surfaces require different driving and extended stopping distances is what causes the accidents. Don't blame the rain: blame the drivers.

You can say the same for brake pads.
It is a known fact that many drivers do not drive safe, so incidents like these are bound to happen, especially when it rains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post
the Eon had not crashed into the divider, but had rear ended a truck in front of it. It took the damage on the left hand side of Eon with Wheel, bonnet, radiator and left fender taking a major hit. The inmates were father, wife and son while Son was at wheels. I was right behind them. Just a corrected information
Thanks . We slowed down to see if they needed help, but they seemed fine. What car were you driving?
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:02   #11630
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this swift being taken home some days back on RTR, heading towards moti bagh.
Write off?
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20120712-065515686.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20120712-065516081.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20120712-18.45.08.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20120712-18.45.12.jpg  

Old 24th July 2012, 10:10   #11631
BHPian

A container has overturned on ghodbunder road near kajupada. Massive jam because of it.
The situation being brought under control now.
Old 24th July 2012, 10:15   #11632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
A container has overturned on ghodbunder road near kajupada. Massive jam because of it.
The situation being brought under control now.
Yeah, I saw that, I was amongst those in the jam! Luckily, police has opened up the road from Chena till the accident spot helping traffice movement.

OT: Where do you stay at Mira Road?
Old 24th July 2012, 11:17   #11633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Yeah, I saw that, I was amongst those in the jam! Luckily, police has opened up the road from Chena till the accident spot helping traffice movement.

OT: Where do you stay at Mira Road?
i reside in shanti nagar. Very near to the station. I was in a bus and took around an hour to reach college. I study at parshvanath college of engineering, kasarvadavli.
Old 24th July 2012, 12:08   #11634
Senior - BHPian

Black color crashed up VW Vento on White Field main road at 7am this morning, parked on the side and off the road. On the stretch between ABB and Hoodi intersection, when you are travelling towards ITPL. This is a stretch where most people rip, so they put a speed breaker just before the cut in the median and where the road dips and curves right. Not sure how the Vento ended up with its front end wreaked. It is unknown if the VW was taking a u turn and got hit by a speeding vehicle or if it was the Vento driver itself that did not see the speed breaker and rammed into a vehicle that was taking a u turn. Don't know what it hit cause the other vehicle is missing.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 24th July 2012 at 12:09.
Old 24th July 2012, 13:26   #11635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Black color crashed up VW Vento on White Field main road at 7am this morning, parked on the side and off the road. On the stretch between ABB and Hoodi intersection, when you are travelling towards ITPL. This is a stretch where most people rip, so they put a speed breaker just before the cut in the median and where the road dips and curves right. Not sure how the Vento ended up with its front end wreaked. It is unknown if the VW was taking a u turn and got hit by a speeding vehicle or if it was the Vento driver itself that did not see the speed breaker and rammed into a vehicle that was taking a u turn. Don't know what it hit cause the other vehicle is missing.
I had passed by just 5 min before it happened last night at around 9:45PM, 23 July. At that time it appeared to me that Vento was coming straight towards hoodi when 407 water tanker made a typical indian blind u-turn not giving Vento enough time to stop. The truck was also present at the scene. Today morning the truck is gone, only the car remains.

Last edited by aerohit : 24th July 2012 at 13:28.
Old 24th July 2012, 21:07   #11636
BHPian

This truck lying at kasarvadavli police station since 2 days now. Don't know what had happened, but just saw this truck. Also note some debris beside the truck. Seems it might have collided with a wall or something. Not sure that the debris belongs to the same accident!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-24072012128.jpg

Any informations?

P.S.: The trailer that had met with an accident on 24th July 2012 is NOT this one. This one was at the police station quite earlier.
Old 24th July 2012, 23:11   #11637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
This truck lying at kasarvadavli police station since 2 days now. Don't know what had happened, but just saw this truck. Also note some debris beside the truck. Seems it might have collided with a wall or something. Not sure that the debris belongs to the same accident!
I think looking at the picture, its evident that the driver does not have any traffic sense. Look at the truck parked on the wrong side of the road (Be it after accident or during accident). No surprises here. If he had followed traffic rules, probably would have got saved.

Question - A Container does 50 kmph at the max. I think the driver must have slept at the wheel or not noticed the accident-causer ahead

Did he wear Seat Belts !! Now dont hit me for the comment
Old 25th July 2012, 11:31   #11638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Thanks . We slowed down to see if they needed help, but they seemed fine. What car were you driving?
I was in white i20 CRDI which had a caption behind "If I take my life too seriously...I won't come out alive" above team bhp sticker . I gave you the quote assuming if were behind you could have noticed the quote, coz its the one which is most noticeable and stands out among other white i20's
Old 25th July 2012, 12:01   #11639
Distinguished - BHPian

Climbing footpaths with a Tata Indica is never a good idea.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20120725-07.30.37.jpg
Old 25th July 2012, 13:25   #11640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Climbing footpaths with a Tata Indica is never a good idea.
Looks like a minor accident. Given Indica's superb impact bearing capacity (pun intended), it can come to this state even due to high winds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks