Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2012, 16:35   #11881
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Spotted this badly rear ended Verna on the expressway last weekend. Looks like a truck rammed into him at full clip. He must have definitely been stationary. Luckily, I didn't see any blood on the backseat, looks like there weren't any passengers at the rear.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20120818_131217-custom.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20120818_131323-custom.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20120818_131333-custom.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20120818_131356-custom.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20120818_131412-custom.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20120818_131429-custom.jpg
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 16:45   #11882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Spotted this badly rear ended Verna on the expressway last weekend. Looks like a truck rammed into him at full clip. He must have definitely been stationary. Luckily, I didn't see any blood on the backseat, looks like there weren't any passengers at the rear.
Instead of Verna SX it should better read "EX" poor verna turned into a i10. Hope the driver escaped!
AlphaKilo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 16:46   #11883
Senior - BHPian

That Verna is reduced to an i20. Must have been a high speed impact to crush the rear of the Verna to such an extent. Hope no one was in the car when it happened.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 19:17   #11884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was some smash! I wonder what crashed into it, to leave such a symmetric damage on the Verna.

On the OT, I had no clue the twin tail end pipes of the exhaust are just the end bit, I was of the thought they are twin pipes all the way from the rear muffler .

Last edited by tharian : 21st August 2012 at 19:18. Reason: missing words
Old 21st August 2012, 19:56   #11885
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That’s quite shocking and unbelievable. Not pointing at any brands; reliability and VFM tags notwithstanding, I feel Euro cars does offer more Value for Life – especially when I think in perspective of the other two massive crashes shared in our forum (Polo and Punto).
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 20:21   #11886
SDP
Team-BHP Support

That Verna looks really bad.
If GTO wouldn't have posted the pic with the badge, I would have mistaken it for a i20.

Massive hit. From front door onwards, the car is not damaged. Hope the driver would have escaped relatively unhurt or better yet not present in the car at all during the hit.
Old 21st August 2012, 20:44   #11887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 973048

Attachment 973049

Attachment 973050

Attachment 973051

Attachment 973052

Attachment 973053
Holy Mother of God!! that's horrible!!

a Verna turned into a A-Star minus!

hope there were not fatalities!
Old 21st August 2012, 20:55   #11888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
That’s quite shocking and unbelievable. Not pointing at any brands; reliability and VFM tags notwithstanding, I feel Euro cars does offer more Value for Life – especially when I think in perspective of the other two massive crashes shared in our forum (Polo and Punto).
IMO each accident is different and so there is not really a comparison. Eg. we dont even know what happened to the Verna in this case - possibly at standstill and had a truck ram it exactly from behind, which is different from the Punto case where it was a side clip from behind. The official crash tests are possibly a better indicator of which car is better in a crash, since they subject cars to the same severity crash.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 21st August 2012 at 20:56.
supremeBaleno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 21:12   #11889
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
IMO each accident is different and so there is not really a comparison. Eg. we dont even know what happened to the Verna in this case - possibly at standstill and had a truck ram it exactly from behind, which is different from the Punto case where it was a side clip from behind. The official crash tests are possibly a better indicator of which car is better in a crash, since they subject cars to the same severity crash.
Yes, each of these accidents is different. And as I mentioned in my comments, I am not really getting into any brand comparisons. Whatever is the impact, any car getting reduced to half the size, that too with a fully mangled passenger shell is quite thought provoking.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 21:32   #11890
BHPian

Quote:
Spotted this badly rear ended Verna on the expressway last weekend.
I too saw this car at the same spot yesterday. I was shocked to see the car crushed to half. Hope that none was injured.
Also, I noticed many people halting on the E-way and enjoying the scenery. Why don't people understand the risk even after so many incidents . I have had a bad experience on the E-way in case of a breakdown even after taking precautions like putting the indicators ON and placing cones to warn drivers.
Tejas Ingle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 09:59   #11891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spotted this badly rear ended Verna on the expressway last weekend.
At first glance I thought its a Indica Vista that lost its hatch in this accident. Until the other pics are seen, no one can say it was a sedan
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:31   #11892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 973048

Attachment 973049

Attachment 973050

Attachment 973051

Attachment 973052

Attachment 973053
That looks really bad! The car is damaged so bad that its hard to even make out if the airbags opened up or not and by looking at the seats this looks like the SX(O) model which comes with 6 airbags.
Did the driver escape unhurt? I don't see any blood on the seats so I suppose he wasn't injured or maybe he wasn't in the car when the truck rear ended it.

Last edited by aparth : 22nd August 2012 at 13:40.
Old 23rd August 2012, 11:06   #11893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Five members of a Kerala family died and four children suffered grievous injuries when their Innova rammed a tree on the Mysore-Bangalore highway here around 12.45am on Wednesday. The victims, from Ilambari village of Malappuram district, were travelling to Bangalore to check out a property near the Bengaluru International Airport. The vehicle hit a tree near the municipal college in Mandya.
Mandya crash kills 5 of a Kerala family - The Times of India

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-23bgmys1accident_1186067f.jpg
Old 23rd August 2012, 11:15   #11894
Senior - BHPian

Looking at this pic, it seems that not wearing the seat belts is the reason. Very Sad!
Old 23rd August 2012, 11:19   #11895
BHPian

I agree, Might be not wearing the seat belt is the reason.

Mandya is a nasty region, even if one is involved in a small brush of vehicles, be rest assured that your vehicle would be burnt by the locals. Moreover the local SUVs in this area drive very notoriously. I always am extra cautious here....
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed