Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2012, 11:25   #12196
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Awesomeness View Post
A very gruesome accident happened to day in the wee hours of the morning in Cochin. A guy on a friends Yamaha R1 crashed into a tree killing himself immediatley. The bike was totaled and scene was just out of a slasher movie. Lets pray for the departed soul. The guy lost control of the bike on a gentle turn in edapally in speeds upwards of 200 and jumped the median, went off the road and hit a tree, which killed him instantly.
Such idiots deserve more. Death means suffering for their near and dear ones, not for them. Sorry if this sounds cruel but I have no sympathy for such idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Yes, you are correct, it is only having ANCAP(Australasian) rating and not ENCAP.

Here is the link
http://www.ancap.com.au/crashtestrecord?Id=347
Glad to know that it's considered a safe vehicle. But that does not mean that I will start driving faster/rashly than I already do.
Old 1st November 2012, 13:57   #12197
BHPian

Today around 8:35am while passing the fly over near Banaswadi (opposite the Chevy Showroom/Corma) a Big Rig carrying train wheels jumped the divider.
I was not able to take pics as i was driving, the train wheels seems have rolled to the from curshing the front cabin, not sure if the there was any fatality , i hope not, but looked very serious.
Old 1st November 2012, 15:17   #12198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Awesomeness View Post
A very gruesome accident happened to day in the wee hours of the morning in Cochin. A guy on a friends Yamaha R1 crashed into a tree killing himself immediatley. The bike was totaled and scene was just out of a slasher movie. Lets pray for the departed soul. The guy lost control of the bike on a gentle turn in edapally in speeds upwards of 200 and jumped the median, went off the road and hit a tree, which killed him instantly.
Sad demise. May his soul R.I.P. Very disturbing news and sincere condolence to his family. When I was grown up my parents never allowed me to travel long even though I had a Yamaha RX 100.

Time to think before we present these modern bikes to our near and dear ones.
Old 1st November 2012, 16:52   #12199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
200 on a controlled environment like a moto gp is dangerous. On normal roads, its just plain stupidity.
I feel sad for the parents to have spent so much of effort by time energy and every other possible way to loose the child to his ignorant behavior
Sad and terrible
What you said is true. Parents should not accept to every demand of Children. A few days I saw another Bike driven by Valenten Rossi Brother in Bangalore. I could not get a picture. He was wearing shorts, Bathroom Slippers, T Shirt. In his Left Hand speaking on a mobile riding Yamaha R1. What do you call this? Arrogant or Stupid, or these people ever care for themselves or for others? Azharuddin Son and Son's Cousin died in a similar manner on their Suzuki Bike in Hyderabad. I pray for stringent Rules and Regulations for Super Bikes.
Old 1st November 2012, 17:02   #12200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
What you said is true. Parents should not accept to every demand of Children. He was wearing shorts, Bathroom Slippers, T Shirt. In his Left Hand speaking on a mobile riding Yamaha R1. What do you call this? Arrogant or Stupid, or these people ever care for themselves or for others?
Bathroom slippers !

Well, its really bad to hear such instances. I mean, guys who have such expensive bikes like R1 should be aware of these things. Earlier on, i thought only the local pulsar maniacs are major ones increasing the bike accident rate. Recently, heard a Ninja 250R guy from my place passed away in an accident. Dunno what was the cause though. But, have to say, many of the super-bike riders wear a lot of gear for safety. No objection to them. But, still there are few who just wont learn !
Old 1st November 2012, 21:09   #12201
BHPian

Yesterday night (Oct 31) I witnessed a scene right out of the movie "Final Destination" on my was back home from work. Due to the cyclone Nilam, it was raining heavily in Bangalore and I was on the outer ring road traveling from Manyata Tech Park towards Old madras road and was near the Chevrolet Showroom. A long lorry carrying train wheels hit the flyover wall due to low visibility and toppled. The chain which had been holding the train wheels snapped and the steel wheels started rolling everywhere. Luckily I was very far off when the incident happened and only saw wheels rolling around. As this happened late in the night, I believe no one was hit by the wheels. Don't know what happened to the lorry driver!

Couldn't take a pic, as it was dark and raining. But here is a pic of the steel wheels i foundon the internet that the lorry was carrying just to give you guys an idea.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wheel_1040481f.jpg
Pri2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 23:00   #12202
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
A long lorry carrying train wheels hit the flyover wall due to low visibility and toppled. The chain which had been holding the train wheels snapped and the steel wheels started rolling everywhere. Luckily I was very far off when the incident happened and only saw wheels rolling around. As this happened late in the night, I believe no one was hit by the wheels. Don't know what happened to the lorry driver!
Nice to hear you are safe and other road users too. Imagine the plight if these wheels had hit any one.

It is sad to see lorries haul such cargo without much safety hear in India. Extra-Wide loads or long loads are hauled without any warnings on the trailer.

No care for other road users are done by these transporters. Nor are the policemen questioning and fining them for doing such things.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 08:30   #12203
BHPian

Senior TDP leader Yerran Naidu has died in a road accident. Naidu died after his car hit a petrol tanker.
The accident took place in Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh.
Naidu was returning from Vizag after an event.

Src: http://ibnlive.in.com/news/andhra-pr...17-62-127.html
Old 3rd November 2012, 16:01   #12204
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Senior TDP leader Yerran Naidu has died in a road accident. Naidu died after his car hit a petrol tanker.
The accident took place in Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh.
Naidu was returning from Vizag after an event.

Src: http://ibnlive.in.com/news/andhra-pr...17-62-127.html
It was said that the car was doing speeds between 80-100 kmph when the petrol tanker in the front decided to take a right turn on the highway without any signal/indicator. Good was the tanker didn't explode!

The driver saw the lorry take a sudden turn but could not control the car under heavy braking causing it to have a head-on collision.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-yerram.jpg

Anurag.

There were totally five in the car with two of them in critical condition.
Old 3rd November 2012, 20:09   #12205
Team-BHP Support

All I can say are seatbelts, seatbelts and seatbelts!

The passenger cell is intact!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 21:49   #12206
Team-BHP Support

Politicians and VIPs are the worst, have you seen any news bite from New Delhi with them wearing the safety belt in their cars? May his soul RIP
Old 3rd November 2012, 22:12   #12207
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Politicians and VIPs are the worst, have you seen any news bite from New Delhi with them wearing the safety belt in their cars? May his soul RIP
Don't know whether Mr.Naidu was wearing a seat belt or not, but it's not right to blame them.

He could have been saved but apparently he died from a lack of oxygen in the ambulance, which had no oxygen tanks. Failure on NHAI on ambulance operators.
Old 3rd November 2012, 22:30   #12208
Senior - BHPian

Mr. Erram Naidu's Mahindra Xylo was returning from a marriage party and it was almost 20-25 mts far from Srikakulam, A.P when this unfortunate incident happened. Mr Naidu's SUV was above 100 kmph speed not sure but was told it was doing somewhere around 120 plus. The minister was sitting in the front seat and was not wearing a seat belt, a local news channel also reported that he would have survived if he had worn the seat belt.

Though we come across hundreds of incidents where the basic safety measures were ignored which led to devastating results, I would like to quote the incident of late Mr.Rajasekhar Reddy, chief minister of A.P who also died in a flight accident when his chopper collided to a mountain and splattered into pieces in the Nalamala forest range, A.P which was later discovered after 2 days of extensive search, even this accident could have avoided, if there were safety measures were followed.

Why there is still a hesitation in wearing a helmet/seat belt among lot of road users, why is there a reluctant behavior in following the rules, whose life is it at the end.
Old 3rd November 2012, 22:47   #12209
BHPian

An accident on Airoli Bridge, EE Highway in Mumbai a few days back.
Biker on speed banged into a slower moving Zen. The impact was large enough to cause heavy head bleeding. Accident occurred practically at the peak of the bridge.

It was not immediately clear what had happened. Although not visible in the pictures, the driver of the zen was stunned. People went upto him to ask if he was Ok, only then did he step out.

Further, biker seemed to have a helmet (did not see it on his head) there was a damaged helmet several meters ahead.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2012102200025.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2012102200026.jpg  

Old 4th November 2012, 00:50   #12210
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Don't know whether Mr.Naidu was wearing a seat belt or not, but it's not right to blame them.

He could have been saved but apparently he died from a lack of oxygen in the ambulance, which had no oxygen tanks. Failure on NHAI on ambulance operators.
Prevention is better than cure.

If he had worn the seat belts, there would have been no question of him needing oxygen in the first place, presumably of course. In any case, why let things unfold and reach such levels that he requires oxygen - and then blame the ambulance and other services for not providing 'good' first-aid - when all it takes is to sit buckled-up?

EDIT: By the way, I think the driver of the Xylo is to blame entirely.

Indian driving conditions are hostile. You've got to be prepared for the worst. And when you rear-end a vehicle, you're always at fault because you could not stop in time. Reasons for that? You did not maintain enough and safe distance between your car and the vehicle in front of you. Either that, or you were simply going too fast.

If you can't bring your car to a halt when required and you end up hitting something that's in front of you, you're pretty much incapable of judgement. You're just not fit to drive.

** By you, I don't mean YOU. I mean, people in general.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th November 2012 at 00:54.
suhaas307 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks