Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2012, 11:37   #12226
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Saw this last Saturday 3rd November 2012 at Outer Ring Road going towards Andhra Pradesh Police Academy.

A concrete mixer truck rear ended a paked Eicher truck which was carrying husk in the wee hours of Saturday. The impact seemed so strong that the truck was pushed off road. Luckily, the driver and cleaner of Eicher were sleeping little far from the truck hence no one injured.

Here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpg  

Old 7th November 2012, 11:51   #12227
BHPian

Saw an accident on the NH 8 on the fly over in front of Ambience. There was a lot of chaos so couldn't really figure out what happened. What I saw confused me. There was an Alto and a Santro Xing and both had been rear ended by something that was pretty tall. They had extensive damage from the top to bottom. And I could not see a truck or anything.

Any details?
Old 8th November 2012, 10:55   #12228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshnr View Post
Whenever I stop at signals / park on the road sides I apply handbrakes.. almost an involuntary action. This is something I learnt from my trainer and cousins.
I'm just wondering now whether this would be a good practice in situations like above. Because, inertia might play a havoc on the passengers seated inside -depending upon the speed at which the bang happens !
Foreseeing such incidents, should I place my foot on the brake so that I have better control.
It is always better to pull up the hand brakes or keep your foot on the brakes. I was stupid for not doing so although I rarely commit such mistake. As someone mentioned in earlier posts, I was lucky that there was no pedestrian or lateral traffic in front otherwise things could have been worse.

I agree inertia plays important role but in all probability the head restrain and seat belt shall save you from severe injury.
Old 9th November 2012, 08:26   #12229
Distinguished - BHPian

Just a few minutes ago one of our company cabs met with an accident on BETL
it was really foggy today morning around 7:45 and many of my team-mates were travelling in that.

Our company cab(a Tata Marcopolo Starbus) it seems was travelling at the normal 80kmph (as per my team-mates)
A BMTC bus has stopped on the fast-lane...obviously with no indicators switched on.
Our company cab driver has noticed the BMTC bus at the last moment and has tried to avoid collision.
He has dragged it to the left lane(luckily the left lane was free) but still couldn't avoid collision
The right front of the cab hit the left rear of the BMTC bus.
None of the passengers were hurt except our company driver who got glass pieces in his eyes
He is taken to the hospital and further informaton is not available with me.

People driving to the EC, please drive safe.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Prevention is better than cure.

If he had worn the seat belts, there would have been no question of him needing oxygen in the first place, presumably of course. In any case, why let things unfold and reach such levels that he requires oxygen - and then blame the ambulance and other services for not providing 'good' first-aid - when all it takes is to sit buckled-up?
+1

In the xylo there were two laws clearly broken:
1. Of course not wearing the sealbelt
2. See is the number plate...black number plate with white letters on a new car; law broken on purpose.
When you are on the wrong side, you can't blame any one else can you? Unfortunate but we are not in an ideal world.
Blame game is how politicians make living isn't it? Find someone/something to put the blame on and the main problem is forgotten.
Sad that life is so cheap here.

OT:
In AP the unwritten rule is, if you have a black numebr plate with white letters, you are an influencial person.
One of my colleagues has also got this and no pollice official dares to stop him

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 9th November 2012 at 08:47.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 10:01   #12230
BHPian

Saw a blue Santro Xing with damaged front and rear in GST Road near Tambaram Sanatorium yesterday at around 6.30 PM. It seemed like an accident happened jus before me crossing that area. I also saw a bus parked nearby with damages on front bottom end which was surrounded by Traffic police. Anybody knows more about the incident? I found that the Xing was damaged more in front when compared to rear.to be precise, the engine bay was completely mangled.Passenger cabin was intact though.
Old 9th November 2012, 10:27   #12231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
Yesterday night (Oct 31) I witnessed a scene right out of the movie "Final Destination" on my was back home from work. Due to the cyclone Nilam, it was raining heavily in Bangalore and I was on the outer ring road traveling from Manyata Tech Park towards Old madras road and was near the Chevrolet Showroom. A long lorry carrying train wheels hit the flyover wall due to low visibility and toppled. The chain which had been holding the train wheels snapped and the steel wheels started rolling everywhere. Luckily I was very far off when the incident happened and only saw wheels rolling around. As this happened late in the night, I believe no one was hit by the wheels. Don't know what happened to the lorry driver!

Couldn't take a pic, as it was dark and raining. But here is a pic of the steel wheels i foundon the internet that the lorry was carrying just to give you guys an idea.
Attachment 1008855
Man that is scary. Those wheels are monstrous. They weigh about 500 kgs each. THe lorry may have been carrying those wheels from the Rail Wheel Factory , Yelahanka. One of my relatives works in that factory and a wheel accidently fell on his leg once. Some four people were trying it hold it in the vertical position on the ground and were inspecting something. The wheel overbalanced and fell on the side which my uncle was holding. He couldn't walk for six months.
Old 9th November 2012, 11:35   #12232
Senior - BHPian

Saw today an accident bike Pulsar 200 NS blue color in front of Brigade Metropolis, Whitefield Road, Bangalore. Bike front portion was damaged badly.

There was one Tata Winger Cab parked just ahead with leafs and tree branches on it (Generally used in India for breakdown vehicles). Not sure this Tata Winger Cab involved in this accident.

I stopped and inquired about accident, people said, it happened in wee hours around 3:30 AM. No information regarding causality. Anybody having news about it?
Old 11th November 2012, 12:50   #12233
BHPian

Looks like the Viji-yatra multi met with an accident yesterday near CBE. Two people died including the driver.

Bus was going from BLR to Kotarakkara. More news awaited.
Old 11th November 2012, 20:02   #12234
BHPian

In regard to the Viji-yatra accident, this is what Mathrubhumi (Malayalam newspaper) got to say:
The accident happened in Perundurai around 2:30 AM on Nov 11th. The other person, than the driver who got killed in the accident, has not been identified yet. Eight persons were injured. The bus rammed, from behind, into a truck laden with cement.
Old 11th November 2012, 20:57   #12235
BHPian

Here is the picture. Overworked Drivers, Poor Working condition, disasters are just waiting to happen

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bus.jpg
Old 12th November 2012, 08:51   #12236
Senior - BHPian

Saw an accident today morning at 8 am on the Saki Vihar Road bang opp IIT Powai, a collision between a Fiat Linea and a Scorpio. The Linea's right side headlamp cluster and a part of the radiator assembly had caved in with major damage seen on the front bumper and right side metal. No major damage seen on the Scorpio. No pics available.

Just hate the drivers slowing down to have a glimpse of the accident, throw a smirky look and hold up the traffic.
Old 12th November 2012, 16:25   #12237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur
Saw an accident today morning at 8 am on the Saki Vihar Road bang opp IIT Powai, a collision between a Fiat Linea and a Scorpio. The Linea's right side headlamp cluster and a part of the radiator assembly had caved in with major damage seen on the front bumper and right side metal. No major damage seen on the Scorpio. No pics available.

Just hate the drivers slowing down to have a glimpse of the accident, throw a smirky look and hold up the traffic.
Now this poor Linea driver won't drive his car for atleast 2 months.
Old 13th November 2012, 01:43   #12238
Senior - BHPian

Why do you say that, is he in hospital with serious injuries? which could not be the case from the post's description of the vehicles and from the fact that Fiats have very rigid chassis and strengthened passenger cells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Now this poor Linea driver won't drive his car for atleast 2 months.
Old 13th November 2012, 03:08   #12239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Why do you say that, is he in hospital with serious injuries? which could not be the case from the post's description of the vehicles and from the fact that Fiats have very rigid chassis and strengthened passenger cells.
LOL. He probably meant that the car will be in the garage for 2 months.
Old 13th November 2012, 15:38   #12240
Senior - BHPian

KSRTC Airavat Volvo between Madikeri and Sullia.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag1004.jpg

Most Viewed