Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2013, 13:29   #12661
Team-BHP Support

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Its amazing how they managed to flip a Duster! With it's short height and wide stance, it must have been quite a task.
Old 27th January 2013, 14:01   #12662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Renault Duster demo car turned turtle while on test drive near Marthahalli Bangalore last Thursday. Sharing a pic captured by my friend Sivasankar R who works nearby. Luckily no one got hurt.
Looks like the prospective customer must shell out two cheques before getting the keys to his car!

But what on earth were they doing? How did they manage to flip this WIDE vehicle? Was he trying to do all those stuff they do in the Land Cruiser & the Rover?
Old 27th January 2013, 14:48   #12663
BHPian

Quote:
Renault Duster demo car turned turtle while on test drive near Marthahalli Bangalore last Thursday. Sharing a pic captured by my friend Sivasankar R who works nearby. Luckily no one got hurt.
Looks like they guy wanted to try some offroading stunt on it and it went horribly wrong. That or he really wanted to see the underside of the car really badly ...I do not see any other reason how this can happen.
Old 27th January 2013, 15:23   #12664
BHPian

Quote:
Was there a slope beside the road? Any one familiar with this area?

Am baffled this can happen to a duster.
Old 27th January 2013, 16:36   #12665
Team-BHP Support

Looks like the prospective customer wanted to take a good look at the car's under-body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
This is simply amazing. The Duster is one of the widest cars in its segment. To get into such an ackward position of head over heels, the driver must be doing some crazy stunts or he must have been a novice, not knowing to drive within the limits of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Its amazing how they managed to flip a Duster! With it's short height and wide stance, it must have been quite a task.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binzone View Post
Am baffled this can happen to a duster.
It isn't very surprising. A car with high center of gravity is always going to be more prone to body-roll than a car that's lower to the ground. Let's not forget, there is a lot of air between the Duster's underbody and the ground. Even more than some cars like the Scorpio. Despite the fact that the Scorpio is much taller and marginally wider.
suhaas307 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2013, 18:17   #12666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
It would be interesting to see how the car withstood this accident. Was there any damage to the body? Did the sheet metal bend anywhere etc?
The driver was a lady. As per my friend who was at location she along with others got out without any injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binzone View Post
Was there a slope beside the road? Any one familiar with this area?
I have travelled through this route before also, there is a slope near by, but its not a dangerous one as to cause this. I guess more than speed the reason may be since the driver lost control and ran off the slope. A high speed crash would have caused rear windshield to break for sure. Just my guess.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2013, 18:42   #12667
Senior - BHPian

Holy Cow..!! Glad that the occupants came out unscathed!

Looks like the loose gravel could have worsened the whole situation.
Old 27th January 2013, 23:05   #12668
BHPian

This Dezire overturned yesterday morning at about 8 in Pimpri (Pune). Luckily the couple and their kid were safe.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-26012013001.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-26012013.jpg  

altoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2013, 23:20   #12669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Beats me why some people push test cars to their limits. A genuine prospective buyer would never do that. It is mostly pass-time joy-ride kinda guys who drop in and pose as a bonafide customer and then take the car out for a joy spin who indulge in such antics. poor sales guys must be having a tough time telling the two apart.
Old 27th January 2013, 23:21   #12670
BHPian

Quote:
The driver was a lady. As per my friend who was at location she along with others got out without any injury.
I have travelled through this route before also, there is a slope near by, but its not a dangerous one as to cause this. I guess more than speed the reason may be since the driver lost control and ran off the slope. A high speed crash would have caused rear windshield to break for sure. Just my guess.
i

While I had been to the same showroom for a TD sometime back, the sales rep kept urging me to floor the throttle and take sharp turns,break at high speeds over the rough roads near the flyover, to appreciate features of the vehicle over my current car.

I had mentioned to him then considering they do not check for the licence before a TD it is an invitation for a disaster with some ''spirited" drivers.He had laughed me off then, sad to see this happen.
masin4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 00:49   #12671
BHPian

While returning home now, saw an accident at MG road - Brigade road junction. Civic n indica cabby were involved. Civic's front bumper was smashed. Could not see the cabby as people were covered. Hope everyone is safe there!

That is one common hotspot junction for accidents!
Old 28th January 2013, 08:34   #12672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoman View Post
This Dezire overturned yesterday morning at about 8 in Pimpri (Pune). Luckily the couple and their kid were safe.
Thanks for sharing altoman. From the pictures it seems this has happened in the Grade Separator (in front of the PCMC building). This is the road I take for my daily office commute. It is quite wierd that a car should topple in this section. This is a 4-lane road, absolutely straight (with no turns whatsoever). The only reason I could think of is, the Dezire might be doing 80+ or triple digit speeds & before reducing the speed, might have sharply turned the steering wheel in order to avoid hitting an obstacle (could be a vehicle in front). Any idea what was the cause of this accident?

Last edited by AutoIndian : 28th January 2013 at 08:37.
AutoIndian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 12:37   #12673
Senior - BHPian

I recd these pics from a friend in Surat. The incident happened at a beach not very far from Surat. Dont have further details on the event. Its said the owner did try to get the car out when the initial water level rose due to high tide but he wasnt successful. Pretty sad.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20130126wa0009.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20130126wa0008.jpg

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 28th January 2013 at 12:38.
h@r$h@l is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 15:06   #12674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I recd these pics from a friend in Surat. The incident happened at a beach not very far from Surat. Dont have further details on the event. Its said the owner did try to get the car out when the initial water level rose due to high tide but he wasnt successful. Pretty sad.

Attachment 1043671

Attachment 1043678

Regards,
something's fishy. even in the 2nd picture, the water has not gone past the window. how come then the driver/passenger did not get out?

also, how did that Audi get dragged out into the water?
Old 28th January 2013, 15:10   #12675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
something's fishy. even in the 2nd picture, the water has not gone past the window. how come then the driver/passenger did not get out?

also, how did that Audi get dragged out into the water?
Driver / Passenger were out. no injuries. Sorry if my org post was confusing. What i mean was that The car got stuck in the beach sand and slowly the water level rose due to the high tide. some eye witnesses claim the car was pulled in a couple of meters in to the water.

Dont know the current state of the car.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 28th January 2013 at 15:11.

Most Viewed